SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#323180 - 04/29/11 11:14 AM Re: KN7000 midi connections [Re: RJB]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks to both of you for your help.

If I remember correctly, I tried this a few years ago and could change the instrument families on the SD2, but not any specific voices. I don't think I used PM's though. At any rate, it is good to know some people have figured it out.

I am looking forward to trying it out as soon as I get some time.
Bernie

#323395 - 05/03/11 06:02 AM Re: KN7000 midi connections [Re: peter b]
RJB Offline

Loc: Auburn, N Y, U S
I would like to thank everyone who offered help and suggestions toward resolving my midi problem connecting KN7 and Hammond sound module. So far nothing has worked , but I'll keep st it . Special thanks to Bob Hendershot for working tirelessly giving many hours of his precious time toward finding a solution . He refused to quit . Bob---thanks again . Dick Bergin

#325828 - 06/03/11 12:47 PM Re: KN7000 midi connections [Re: RJB]
RJB Offline

Loc: Auburn, N Y, U S
Update on my KN7 midi connection to Hammond sound module . It recently occurred to me their was one connection we had not tried to connect the keyboard to module . So I connected a midi cable to the KN out and looped it back to the KN in terminal . Then a second midi cable to the thru on the KN to the module controller and perfecto ! ! It worked just the way it is supposed to . Seems the midi thru filtered out whatever was incompatible between the two . Bob Hendershot suggested I buy a midi thru processor from midi solutions on Amazon , and that has eliminated the need for the loop , I go directly from KN midi out to the midi thru processor and out to the controller and all works great . I am now a happy camper . Thanks to all who tried to give help . Dick Bergin

#325887 - 06/04/11 11:03 AM Re: KN7000 midi connections [Re: RJB]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Dick's setup had some sort of hardware incompatibility. The "midi thru processor" he mentions is actually a midi splitter that creates a "Y" midi connection. It takes a midi input and creates two midi thru ports. But in this case it is really used as an isolator between his KN7000 and the Hammond module.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online