SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#322451 - 04/21/11 04:56 AM A Wersi Instrument rarely featured on YouTube
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KChSGxQ8BR8

Manufactured during the 90s, plenty are still in use by performers today.

NOTE: If you after Style play don’t bother clicking

Enjoy

Bill

#322462 - 04/21/11 07:36 AM Re: A Wersi Instrument rarely featured on YouTube [Re: abacus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Very nice, Bill...I used to play that very same piece on my Yamaha Electone HX-1.

Brings back great memories.

Ian

#322553 - 04/22/11 02:31 PM Re: A Wersi Instrument rarely featured on YouTube [Re: abacus]
Sweentech1 Offline

Loc: Scotland, UK.
Hi Bill,

I have always been a fan of the Wersi organ sound as long as I can remember. I think the first one I heard was the Helios, but my memory may serve me incorrectly there. Even as a young lad I went to see the late great Klaus Wunderlich in concert a few times. I always found him to be quite grumpy unfortunately, but he did sign one of his albums for me once! He is very much missed.

Anyway, I am sure you are already aware of this young guy... He is without doubt my favourite youtube organ performer (unless you can show me better!). Here is a clip of him playing his rather spectacular Wersi Gala 900 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S31vDckEIUg ) I really would like to chop his fingers off and attach them to my hand. I just can't believe his speed. Enjoy!

Edited by Sweentech1 (04/22/11 02:31 PM)

#322561 - 04/22/11 04:10 PM Re: A Wersi Instrument rarely featured on YouTube [Re: abacus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
That guy is excellent, John...one of my favorites as well...makes it look so easy.

Ian

#322562 - 04/22/11 04:13 PM Re: A Wersi Instrument rarely featured on YouTube [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

These are 4 years old! ....I saw these before ......
good player for sure....Thanx enjoyed it.

#322572 - 04/22/11 05:44 PM Re: A Wersi Instrument rarely featured on YouTube [Re: abacus]
Sweentech1 Offline

I never tire of hearing this particular video. If it were me (should I be so lucky to be able to play like that in the first place) I would miss out the toccata bit and all the pitch bend and just play Besame Mucho in his style. I think his ability is awesome. Apologies if you have seen it before. I just thought I should share incase you hadn't. I should have realised though, this place is full of music junkies like myself who would have discovered this on YouTube already. Silly me!

#322573 - 04/22/11 05:48 PM Re: A Wersi Instrument rarely featured on YouTube [Re: abacus]
Sweentech1 Offline

Bill,

I assume you are the proud owner of an Abacus? Woudl you recommend it? I saw one a while back on eay, and seriously thought about bidding for it. Everything which is tasty that comes up is so far away from me. I purchased a HX3 in Peterborough and a HX1 in Kent and had to travel to collect both of them. I backed out of the Abacus purely due to distance, and the fact I have never heard or played one. I am thinking though that the Pegasus Wing sounds interesting. It's a shame they are only available from one music store in Germany. I don't suppose you have seen/tried one have you? I really would like to get that Euroorgan sound with full drawbars to control it.

Regards

John

#322593 - 04/23/11 01:14 AM Re: A Wersi Instrument rarely featured on YouTube [Re: Sweentech1]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Sweentech1
Hi Bill,

I have always been a fan of the Wersi organ sound as long as I can remember. I think the first one I heard was the Helios, but my memory may serve me incorrectly there. Even as a young lad I went to see the late great Klaus Wunderlich in concert a few times. I always found him to be quite grumpy unfortunately, but he did sign one of his albums for me once! He is very much missed.

Anyway, I am sure you are already aware of this young guy... He is without doubt my favourite youtube organ performer (unless you can show me better!). Here is a clip of him playing his rather spectacular Wersi Gala 900 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S31vDckEIUg ) I really would like to chop his fingers off and attach them to my hand. I just can't believe his speed. Enjoy!

If Klaus Wunderlich was still alive seeing this lad would make him more grumpy, he's probably a better player.

PS wonder when we will here the Wing
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#322596 - 04/23/11 02:37 AM Re: A Wersi Instrument rarely featured on YouTube [Re: abacus]
Sweentech1 Offline

Hi Tony,

You made me laugh, but I think you are right. I think what Florian does is use the technique of Klaus, but he has faster fingers. I am so impressed at the way wersi players get great percussive elements from the drawbars. Florian really shows this well in this song. I tried a few of his techniques on my HX-1, but it just doesn't work the same.

Regards

John

#322597 - 04/23/11 02:44 AM Re: A Wersi Instrument rarely featured on YouTube [Re: Sweentech1]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi John

Your closest dealer is in Halifax http://www.wersi.uk.com/ or if you want a few more details of the Wersi range (The Halifax site is still being added to) www.wersidirect.com

The Wing was launched at Pakefield & Frankfurt, with a number of orders taken at Pakefield with delivery between 4 – 6 weeks (Although I suspect when all the current holidays are out of the way, it may be sooner)

Demos of the Wing I would imagine will be up in the next few weeks; here is a promotion from Frankfurt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3chgpGGVzw

There are quite a number of differences between OAS 7 instruments (Abacus, Verona etc.) and the Wing, however as I have never seen or heard one (I can only go by what’s in the information brochure) I cannot give an opinion.

Here are some sites that might be of interest to you:

http://www.wersiclub.co.uk/

http://www.wersiclub-ukfocus.org.uk/

Also Nigel has created a separate forum for Wersi owners at the request of some Technics owners http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/45/1/Wersi_Forum precipitated by this thread here http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/322319/Question_for_Nigel#Post322319

Hope this gives you something to go at, however if you want any more info (Other than on the Wing of course) let me know

Regards

Bill

#322626 - 04/23/11 02:27 PM Re: A Wersi Instrument rarely featured on YouTube [Re: abacus]
Sweentech1 Offline

Thanks Bill for your efforts there. It is very much appreciated. I had no idea Wersi had a showroom in Halifax. Next time I am down that way, I must make a point of going in.

Thanks again

John

#322633 - 04/23/11 03:22 PM Re: A Wersi Instrument rarely featured on YouTube [Re: Sweentech1]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Sweentech1
I really would like to chop his fingers off and attach them to my hand.

I put racing slicks on a VW Bug once....... oh, never mind. Anyhow, too bad his parents didn't introduce him to Jimmy Smith or Joey Defrancesco instead of Klaus Wunderlich. That way he might end up as something more than just a third place finisher in an UK organ festival/contest.

Hey Sweentech1, I'm just kidding you, the kid is very talented (just misdirected smile ). It's just that I'd rather slit my throat than listen to another theatre organ version of Besame Mucho. But that's just me.

chas

#322640 - 04/23/11 05:19 PM Re: A Wersi Instrument rarely featured on YouTube [Re: cgiles]
Sweentech1 Offline

No problem Chas... I get it.. it's not everyone's cup of tea!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online