SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#322382 - 04/20/11 09:56 AM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: montunoman
I'd think with the new vocal harmonizer many curent S910 users would want to up-grade.

I have yet to see a VH2 demo that is worthy of "professional live gig use" using the new so called VH2

Since you already use a very neat external vocal harmonizer (that you say you really like a lot), and most of your act is singing, you'd probably be best sticking with the S910.

The Tyros4's VH-2 is a far better harmonizer, totally "professional" in every way, but the only way you will really know, is to try the one on the Yamaha Tyros4yourself....you must have access to, or have at least tried, a Tyros4 have you, Donny?

It's been out for quite awhile.

Ian

#322383 - 04/20/11 10:04 AM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: montunoman]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Yamaha has a big market for arrangers in Newfoundland...but, they don't create very many jigs, reels, fast 3/4, 6/8 etc for the kind of music that is predominant there.

Ian

But how many artist's playing jigs, reels, fast 3/4, 6/8 etc are turning out hit songs? Contemporary Latin is hardly a niche market.

Your point on learning the style creator is well taken.

It's amazing how many use jigs reels fast 3/4, 6/8 etc...think River-dance, Acadian, New Orleans, Scottish, Irish...if Contemporary Latin isn't a niche market, I am very surprised no one has capitalized on making styles for it.

There has to be someone making them.

Ian

PS...the Style Creator is my "best friend".

#322399 - 04/20/11 01:01 PM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: Dnj]
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I can't wait to see which of you guys will get
The scoop on the new s series specs

#322400 - 04/20/11 01:10 PM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Donny usually gets the news first.

Ian

#322409 - 04/20/11 02:30 PM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Donny usually gets the news first.
Ian

Ian honestly .....this is the first time I'm not really too excited about what's coming out on the market...including the next S Series unit...I am perfectly content with the S910 on stage ...it does the job "FOR ME" very well......and to upgrade for just a few new sounds and a so so VH2 isn't worth it...
I cant believe I'm saying this but I am probably going to wait for the next wave of releases from the manufacturers even if its another year or two away to check out new stuff at this juncture... nothing out there now can sound any better then what I have IMO. I wish everyone a happy easter and passover holiday and good luck with your new gear what ever it is.

#322414 - 04/20/11 03:05 PM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Ian honestly .....this is the first time I'm not really too excited about what's coming out on the market...including the next S Series unit...I am perfectly content with the S910 on stage ...it does the job "FOR ME" very well......and to upgrade for just a few new sounds and a so so VH2 isn't worth it...
I cant believe I'm saying this but I am probably going to wait for the next wave of releases from the manufacturers even if its another year or two away to check out new stuff at this juncture... nothing out there now can sound any better then what I have IMO. I wish everyone a happy easter and passover holiday and good luck with your new gear what ever it is.

It is good you have taken your time...in my case, I had the money to buy, and rather than wait till the Tyros4 demo instrument was going back before buying it, I spent the money while I had it...I would've chipped away at it over time (wasting it on food, furnace oil and utilities), and might not have had enough to get the Tyros4, which after playing, I felt I had to have.

The S910 was my second choice, but, I am very glad I went for the Tyros4.

Who knows, you may really like the next S-series...in any case, you certainly aren't forced to buy.

Let me know if you hear of anything new.

Ian

#322417 - 04/20/11 03:33 PM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

It is good you have taken your time...in my case, I had the money to buy, and rather than wait till the Tyros4 demo instrument was going back before buying it, I spent the money while I had it...I would've chipped away at it over time (wasting it on food, furnace oil and utilities), and might not have had enough to get the Tyros4, which after playing, I felt I had to have.
The S910 was my second choice, but, I am very glad I went for the Tyros4.
Who knows, you may really like the next S-series...in any case, you certainly aren't forced to buy.
Let me know if you hear of anything new.Ian

Money wasn't factored into my reasoning..... I'm just not motivated by what I'm hearing or seeing at this point with what's out there now At All...meanwhile enjoy your T4 it's a super Arranger! I'll be in touch wink

#322428 - 04/20/11 07:53 PM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: Dnj]
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Given what we've seen from Yamaha recently.., I wouldn't be surprised if the new S-Series are made with black casings. Yammie seems to be moving back to that.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#322429 - 04/20/11 08:43 PM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: squeak_D]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: squeak_D
Given what we've seen from Yamaha recently.., I wouldn't be surprised if the new S-Series are made with black casings. Yammie seems to be moving back to that.

"I'm not saying you're wrong.., but I'm damn sure ain't saying you're right either"........ bounce

Edited by Dnj (04/20/11 08:43 PM)

#322430 - 04/20/11 08:48 PM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: Dnj]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By: squeak_D

"I'm not saying you're wrong.., but I'm damn sure ain't saying you're right either"........ bounce

I Hope he's right

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online