SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#322362 - 04/20/11 08:03 AM Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger
Dnj Offline

Since just about everyone else showed their hand......should be time for Yamaha to release some hints on the NEW PSR S series Arranger follow up to the S910 don't you think? I hope they break tradition and give us something a little different then just a trickled down T4 version this time around.

#322367 - 04/20/11 08:12 AM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: Dnj]
Happy Birthday montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
If they would put some really good fresh "real" Latin styles they'd sell like hot tortillas!

I'm talking about cumbia, bachata, raggaeton, merengue, salsa, and regional Mexican styles.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#322368 - 04/20/11 08:15 AM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman

I'm talking about cumbia, bachata, raggaeton, merengue, salsa, and regional Mexican styles.

That all depends on who creates them for Yamaha...then again what one person likes & needs the next one doesn't...we'll see soon enough......but for now I would imagine the Latin styles will be the same as what is on the T4 now just less of them.

#322369 - 04/20/11 08:17 AM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I have just a few clients waiting for the S910's replacement...the S910 is still selling very well.

I'm very glad I bought the Tyros4...no buyer's remorse whatsoever...this baby's going to keep me happy for quite some time.

I can't see any major changes in the new PSR-S series...probably some SA2 voices, more SA and mega voices, and, of course, some new styles, and maybe the new VH-2 Vocal Harmonizer.

Ian

#322372 - 04/20/11 08:43 AM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: ianmcnll]

I'd think with the new vocal harmonizer many curent S910 users would want to up-grade.

#322373 - 04/20/11 08:47 AM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: Dnj]

Originally Posted By: Dnj

That all depends on who creates them for Yamaha...then again what one person likes & needs the next one doesn't...

But why does Yamaha ignore all of South America, Central America, Mexico, the Spansih speaking Carribbean, and a huge portion of the US? It doesn't make sense. It's a huge market.

#322376 - 04/20/11 09:02 AM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Yamaha has a big market for arrangers in Newfoundland...but, they don't create very many jigs, reels, fast 3/4, 6/8 etc for the kind of music that is predominant there.

They create a few, but most who want more of those styles, generally modify (there's that darn old Style Creator again) the existing styles to suit their needs.

That's what most of us do when we can't quite get enough of what we want...no use waiting.

It could be a long time.

If you want more Latin styles, and if there is as big a demand for them as you indicate, there must be someone making them...maybe they'll share, or perhaps sell what they've made.

Ian

Edited by ianmcnll (04/20/11 09:07 AM)
Edit Reason: added a comment

#322377 - 04/20/11 09:03 AM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: montunoman]
ianmcnll Offline

I'd think with the new vocal harmonizer many curent S910 users would want to up-grade.

Less than 50% of my clients buy the higher end arranger for the vocal harmonizer...it's mostly for the sounds and features.

Ian

#322379 - 04/20/11 09:18 AM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

I have yet to see a VH2 demo that is worthy of "professional live gig use" using the new so called VH2

#322381 - 04/20/11 09:53 AM Re: Are You ready for the NEW Yamaha S series Arranger [Re: ianmcnll]

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Yamaha has a big market for arrangers in Newfoundland...but, they don't create very many jigs, reels, fast 3/4, 6/8 etc for the kind of music that is predominant there.

Ian

But how many artist's playing jigs, reels, fast 3/4, 6/8 etc are turning out hit songs? Contempory Latin is hardly a niche market.

Your point on learning the style creator is well taken.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online