SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#321654 - 04/12/11 06:34 PM Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I think posted before but this video has better audio.

#321663 - 04/13/11 12:25 AM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: FransN
I think posted before but this video has better audio.

Yes Frans,

Of people talking in German nothing wrong with that if you are German, we want musac Frans BOOM BOOM BOOM sod the talking we can do the talk anytime. T4 has blown Korg away with demos of their products and Wersi and MS, Telmo is the T4 demo man on SZ, there isn't a Korg, MS or Wersi Telmo in the Whole Wide World sad to say but its true.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#321667 - 04/13/11 12:33 AM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
No-one on SZ even HAS a PA3x yet... what were you expecting? rolleyes

#321672 - 04/13/11 02:11 AM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki

Just what I said Diki, hear it, maybe it can't, not finished yet, sounds the part hey! If you bought one "Nah" what would you want to do before you bought it, listen to it yes.

Bloody KB business is on it's uppers, they are playing at it, they mess us about and we love it, think I'll buy a tried and test KB G70. Want to sell yours Nah!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#321676 - 04/13/11 02:44 AM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: Tony Hughes]
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Just what I said Diki, hear it, maybe it can't, not finished yet, sounds the part hey! If you bought one "Nah" what would you want to do before you bought it, listen to it yes.

Well if that's what you're looking for, there is a good bit of demos available on KorgPA.com:

Here

#321677 - 04/13/11 02:54 AM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: Burkels]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Burkels

Well if that's what you're looking for, there is a good bit of demos available on KorgPA.com:

Here

I believe what the majority are looking for are demos that are played "live"...possibly videos.

Ian

#321680 - 04/13/11 03:23 AM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Ian,

Maybe me and you are a couple of odd balls, we just want the simple things in life and no complexity!

Reagrds

Tony

#321682 - 04/13/11 03:44 AM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Tony,

Simple things in life being arrangers with great sounds, useful styles, and a smooth and easy way to access both?

I found all three in my dream arranger, the Tyros4...I certainly hope Korg's PA-3X is the same for someone else.

Ian

#321697 - 04/13/11 06:54 AM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: Tony Hughes]
FransN Offline

That is the last time I post a Korg PA3x video on this forum. I am tired of all this negativity from the Yamaha fanboys concerning the PA3X and about hearing how great the Tyros 4 is.

Edited by FransN (04/13/11 06:56 AM)

#321701 - 04/13/11 09:04 AM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
Bachus Offline

That is the last time I post a Korg PA3x video on this forum. I am tired of all this negativity from the Yamaha fanboys concerning the PA3X and about hearing how great the Tyros 4 is.

Anyone that needs 76 keys will choose the PA3X over a T4 any day...

...In the video it says that its possible to transpose MP3's change their tempo and gather harmonic information from the MP3 to tell what chord is being played...

That means that its technically possible to add audio styles with that kind of processing power..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#321703 - 04/13/11 09:27 AM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL

Fran, don't get your panties in a bunch. I am a former owner of a Pa2xpro; used it for 2-3 years. I owned a Ketron Audya. I consider myself objective in my analysis and evaluations. I chose the T4 because it closely fit my needs.

With that said; many here can only use online demos to base their purchase decisions because these boards are not found in any stores locally for them to try-buy. If the demo's are sub-par or not good enough for a purchase decision, I can understand why folks would be upset or better yet; "frustrated". Especially with a company with the heritage and resources such as Korg.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#321704 - 04/13/11 09:33 AM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

Anyone that needs 76 keys will choose the PA3X over a T4 any day...

...In the video it says that its possible to transpose MP3's change their tempo and gather harmonic information from the MP3 to tell what chord is being played...

That means that its technically possible to add audio styles with that kind of processing power..

You're right, Bachus...anyone that "needs" 76 keys will choose the PA3Xpro...what other choices do they have, other than the Audya, and low-end Casio?

It may be possible to do a lot of things with the PA3Xpro, but one thing that seems to be a bit difficult, is the posting on-line demos that are done "live" and that showcase these great new features.

This matters little to those of us who already have made their choice, but it sure must make it very difficult for someone trying to decide whether the PA3Xpro has a big enough edge over the PA2XPro to warrant trading up, or buying one outright.

If they have enough smarts to make what is allegedly a much better instrument, why haven't they invested in someone that can show the instrument properly?

Proper promotion means a lot regarding a product's success, yet Korg doesn't appear to be too concerned about the lack of it regarding the new PA3Xpro.

I don't remember, but was the launch of the PA2XPro done in a similar fashion?

Ian

#321720 - 04/13/11 11:08 AM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: Tony Hughes]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

Ian,

Maybe me and you are a couple of odd balls, we just want the simple things in life and no complexity!

Reagrds

Tony

Not odd at all, everybody’s different, and likes different things. (Including Arrangers)

Bill

#321723 - 04/13/11 11:32 AM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
Diki Offline

Well, if you are looking for a Telmo-like demo, best of luck! To be honest, as fine as Telmo's demos are, they AREN'T representative of what a T4 can do OOTB, usually. Telmo makes extensive use of custom samples, and sampled multipads, something, TBH, few do around here.

Telmo's dedication to getting the most out of his T4 isn't typical, and, to be fair, if a Korg or Ketron or Roland were demoed in this fashion, the Yamaha evangelists would be all over it, saying 'this isn't what comes with the arranger', blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada...

As far as we know, no-one even HAS a PA3x yet, certainly no-one here. T4 has got a year's worth of head start on the Korg. Don't you guys ever take even THAT into consideration? Tell you what.... Why not give it a rest for a while, and let's revisit this after some PA3's actually get into USER'S hands for a few months.

Try Goggling trade show videos of the T4 at its launch... plenty of VERY unimpressive stuff. The good stuff came later (at least user stuff). Give every OTHER arranger the same slack you cut Yamaha. I don't recall anyone bitching about how few good user demos there were before anyone even HAD one, here.

Do you?

#321724 - 04/13/11 11:43 AM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: Diki]
124 Offline

That's fairness. Thanks, Diki.

#321729 - 04/13/11 12:05 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Telmo's dedication to getting the most out of his T4 isn't typical, and, to be fair, if a Korg or Ketron or Roland were demoed in this fashion, the Yamaha evangelists would be all over it, saying 'this isn't what comes with the arranger', blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada...

Saying something like that Diki, is hardly being "fair", as you are assuming people would act in a certain way, or perhaps the way you might act (point your finger...three point back wink )...so, until Korg or Roland actually do a demo in the fashion you described, you are making an unfounded, and unfair statement about Yamaha users.

But, that's seems to be par for the course for you lately. rolleyes

Ian

#321730 - 04/13/11 12:15 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
Diki Offline

I've seen it before (and so have you, Ian). There's no 'assuming' going on.

#321736 - 04/13/11 12:36 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Call it what you like...it's still "assuming" to me....and, it's certainly not "being fair".

Ian

#321738 - 04/13/11 12:45 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
Diki Offline

It's all Rock and Roll to me... wink

BTW, I'm LOVING the Tyros fever you have lately. There doesn't seem to be a single topic, no matter HOW removed from any discussion of Yamaha it is originally meant to be, that you can't seem to interject your boilerplate "I can't tell you how happy I am with my T4" comment on.

Nice to see you back to your evangelical form wink

BTW, have you got around to expressing any disappointment that Yamaha choose not to make a module with the features YOU want on it, or are you still reserving all of that for Roland not including it on the module they DID decide to make? rotf2

#321739 - 04/13/11 12:51 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Don't waste your time trying to bait me Diki...you're not worth it.

No matter what you do, you still can't get past that chip on your shoulder.

Too bad...so sad.

Ian

#321742 - 04/13/11 12:58 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
Diki Offline

OK, I'll leave all the baiting to you...

#321758 - 04/13/11 02:24 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: Diki]
FransN Offline

Well, if you are looking for a Telmo-like demo, best of luck! To be honest, as fine as Telmo's demos are, they AREN'T representative of what a T4 can do OOTB, usually. Telmo makes extensive use of custom samples, and sampled multipads, something, TBH, few do around here.

As far as we know, no-one even HAS a PA3x yet, certainly no-one here. T4 has got a year's worth of head start on the Korg. Don't you guys ever take even THAT into consideration? Tell you what.... Why not give it a rest for a while, and let's revisit this after some PA3's actually get into USER'S hands for a few months.

Try Goggling trade show videos of the T4 at its launch... plenty of VERY unimpressive stuff. The good stuff came later (at least user stuff). Give every OTHER arranger the same slack you cut Yamaha. I don't recall anyone bitching about how few good user demos there were before anyone even HAD one, here.

Do you?

+1

#321771 - 04/13/11 02:59 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Well, Frans, I sure hope that your company, Korg, comes across with some decent "live" denmos.

So far, it's looking pretty grim. You seem to be nearly the only one satisfied with the very limited amount of demos.

All we are seeing are people posting excuses for Korg.

Korg does not need excuses.

They need decent demos, and they need them very soon. This type of publicity can't be doing them any good.

First, they don't post hardly anything...then they send a production keyboard to an unbiased reviewer, who gives it 6/10....then, they still do not showcase the instrument.

Something's wrong...really wrong.

Ian

BTW...did I tell you how much I'm lovin' the Tyros4? I did? Well, I've told you again.

#321775 - 04/13/11 03:14 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
It sure seems to me that the Internet has more quality Yamaha arranger videos than Korg arranger videos.

Again, this does not necessarily make Yamaha better than Korg, but it certainly can be a factor in a purchase decision. Albeit it should not be THE reason to purchase a Yamaha.

I've searched and I found a few Korg arranger videos that were pretty good, but if someone can post a "knock your socks off" video of a PA2x, or a PA800, that would be great. There HAS to be some really good ones, after all these boards have been around for a couple years now...before the T-4

Anyway Fran, thanks for the video, it was good, but it was just a little too much German chat, and too little playing.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#321787 - 04/13/11 03:57 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Well, Frans, I sure hope that your company, Korg, comes across with some decent "live" denmos.

So far, it's looking pretty grim. You seem to be nearly the only one satisfied with the very limited amount of demos.

All we are seeing are people posting excuses for Korg.

Korg does not need excuses.

They need decent demos, and they need them very soon. This type of publicity can't be doing them any good.

First, they don't post hardly anything...then they send a production keyboard to an unbiased reviewer, who gives it 6/10....then, they still do not showcase the instrument.

Something's wrong...really wrong.

Ian

BTW...did I tell you how much I'm lovin' the Tyros4? I did? Well, I've told you again.

Ian The Annoying One. Saying the same thing over and over.

#321790 - 04/13/11 04:10 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Ian The Annoying One. Saying the same thing over and over.

Frans, let's be honest...someone has to keep saying it. You won't!

As I said, you seem blissfully happy with the tiny bit of PA3Xpro that you heard on-line.

I understand your zeal for Korg (I love my Tyros4...did I mention that?) but, how you can base much on what has been posted so far, is beyond me.

I would love to see Korg come out with some great "live" decently done demos...they deserve better than what's been posted so far.

I'm not putting down the PA3Xpro...I'm simply saying that Korg is not promoting it properly.

Do you honestly think they are doing a good job?

Ian

#321792 - 04/13/11 04:13 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

Hmm haven't you listen to the great demos on korgpa.com. Not really a tiny bit.

Edited by FransN (04/13/11 04:13 PM)

#321794 - 04/13/11 04:20 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Hmm haven't you listen the great demos on korgpa.com. Not really a tiny bit.

Yes, I have listened, and the sounds are very good indeed.

However, I'd like to hear the instrument played "live", by a performer I can see pressing the keys, changing the chords, and working the performance controls.

The PA3Xpro is designed as a "player's" instrument...wouldn't you like to see it being played as you would play it?

I sincerely hope they do come up with more demos Frans...as I said, I'm not putting down the PA3xPro...I'm questioning Korg's way of promoting it.

You can't see the value of a good "live" demo, done by a player who can make the instrument do what it is meant to do?

Ian

#321796 - 04/13/11 04:28 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

For me they did their job by providing demos on their site. Most styles they demo'd like rock, dance, blues and soul is the music I play and it sound great. I also bought my PA500 based on the demos on korgpa.com.

Sure it would be nice to see some more videos but it would be nicer if I could buy one tomorrow and play one myself.

#321801 - 04/13/11 05:10 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Sure it would be nice to see some more videos but it would be nicer if I could buy one tomorrow and play one myself.

Yep, that would be the best way, but, unfortunately, not always possible for some folk.

You bought your PA-500 based only on on-line demos?

Were they more detailed than what was put up for the PA3Xpro?

Ian

Just want to add, Frans, that the PA3Xpro style demos on KorgPA.com are great...really nicely done.

Edited by ianmcnll (04/13/11 05:36 PM)
Edit Reason: add a comment

#321805 - 04/13/11 05:35 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

What do you mean with more detailed Ian? They have the same kind of demos as of the PA3X. Complete songs, instrument and style demo's.

#321806 - 04/13/11 05:41 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Yes, I listened to everything again, on KorgPA.com, and it's well done pretty well all around. Still, a good video demo would be the icing on the cake.

I'm sure you'll agree that an instrument of the PA3Xpro's cost should be played before buying, but if you have no other choice, I suppose you could risk it.

I am very glad (and very lucky) that I didn't have to buy my arranger that way.

I really hope it works out for you.

Ian

#321807 - 04/13/11 05:51 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

Ohh I have different music shops in my area but I own already a Korg so I know for sure I will enjoy the PA3x. A lot of people I know already preorder the PA3X. Not me I wait till I know the price so I can shop around to see where I can buy the PA3X for the best price.

Edited by FransN (04/13/11 05:52 PM)

#321831 - 04/13/11 09:40 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Sorry Diki...I ain't in your league at all...and according to all the PM's I got since your last ignorant outburst of insults, I'm not alone in thinking that way.

Now, why don't you just go and play in the traffic?

I don't like your manners, and I don't like you.

Your use of smileys doesn't mask your intent.

Baiting me won't work anymore. You're not worth the bother. Get my drift?

Give it up, give everyone else here a break, and while you're at it, stick those two remaining fingers up your nose.

Ian

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online