SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#321742 - 04/13/11 12:58 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
OK, I'll leave all the baiting to you...

#321758 - 04/13/11 02:24 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: Diki]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Diki
Well, if you are looking for a Telmo-like demo, best of luck! To be honest, as fine as Telmo's demos are, they AREN'T representative of what a T4 can do OOTB, usually. Telmo makes extensive use of custom samples, and sampled multipads, something, TBH, few do around here.

Telmo's dedication to getting the most out of his T4 isn't typical, and, to be fair, if a Korg or Ketron or Roland were demoed in this fashion, the Yamaha evangelists would be all over it, saying 'this isn't what comes with the arranger', blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada...

As far as we know, no-one even HAS a PA3x yet, certainly no-one here. T4 has got a year's worth of head start on the Korg. Don't you guys ever take even THAT into consideration? Tell you what.... Why not give it a rest for a while, and let's revisit this after some PA3's actually get into USER'S hands for a few months.

Try Goggling trade show videos of the T4 at its launch... plenty of VERY unimpressive stuff. The good stuff came later (at least user stuff). Give every OTHER arranger the same slack you cut Yamaha. I don't recall anyone bitching about how few good user demos there were before anyone even HAD one, here.

Do you?

+1

#321771 - 04/13/11 02:59 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Well, Frans, I sure hope that your company, Korg, comes across with some decent "live" denmos.

So far, it's looking pretty grim. You seem to be nearly the only one satisfied with the very limited amount of demos.

All we are seeing are people posting excuses for Korg.

Korg does not need excuses.

They need decent demos, and they need them very soon. This type of publicity can't be doing them any good.

First, they don't post hardly anything...then they send a production keyboard to an unbiased reviewer, who gives it 6/10....then, they still do not showcase the instrument.

Something's wrong...really wrong.

Ian

BTW...did I tell you how much I'm lovin' the Tyros4? I did? Well, I've told you again.

#321775 - 04/13/11 03:14 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
It sure seems to me that the Internet has more quality Yamaha arranger videos than Korg arranger videos.

Again, this does not necessarily make Yamaha better than Korg, but it certainly can be a factor in a purchase decision. Albeit it should not be THE reason to purchase a Yamaha.

I've searched and I found a few Korg arranger videos that were pretty good, but if someone can post a "knock your socks off" video of a PA2x, or a PA800, that would be great. There HAS to be some really good ones, after all these boards have been around for a couple years now...before the T-4

Anyway Fran, thanks for the video, it was good, but it was just a little too much German chat, and too little playing.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#321787 - 04/13/11 03:57 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Well, Frans, I sure hope that your company, Korg, comes across with some decent "live" denmos.

So far, it's looking pretty grim. You seem to be nearly the only one satisfied with the very limited amount of demos.

All we are seeing are people posting excuses for Korg.

Korg does not need excuses.

They need decent demos, and they need them very soon. This type of publicity can't be doing them any good.

First, they don't post hardly anything...then they send a production keyboard to an unbiased reviewer, who gives it 6/10....then, they still do not showcase the instrument.

Something's wrong...really wrong.

Ian

BTW...did I tell you how much I'm lovin' the Tyros4? I did? Well, I've told you again.

Ian The Annoying One. Saying the same thing over and over.

#321790 - 04/13/11 04:10 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: FransN

Ian The Annoying One. Saying the same thing over and over.

Frans, let's be honest...someone has to keep saying it. You won't!

As I said, you seem blissfully happy with the tiny bit of PA3Xpro that you heard on-line.

I understand your zeal for Korg (I love my Tyros4...did I mention that?) but, how you can base much on what has been posted so far, is beyond me.

I would love to see Korg come out with some great "live" decently done demos...they deserve better than what's been posted so far.

I'm not putting down the PA3Xpro...I'm simply saying that Korg is not promoting it properly.

Do you honestly think they are doing a good job?

Ian

#321792 - 04/13/11 04:13 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

Hmm haven't you listen to the great demos on korgpa.com. Not really a tiny bit.

Edited by FransN (04/13/11 04:13 PM)

#321794 - 04/13/11 04:20 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Hmm haven't you listen the great demos on korgpa.com. Not really a tiny bit.

Yes, I have listened, and the sounds are very good indeed.

However, I'd like to hear the instrument played "live", by a performer I can see pressing the keys, changing the chords, and working the performance controls.

The PA3Xpro is designed as a "player's" instrument...wouldn't you like to see it being played as you would play it?

I sincerely hope they do come up with more demos Frans...as I said, I'm not putting down the PA3xPro...I'm questioning Korg's way of promoting it.

You can't see the value of a good "live" demo, done by a player who can make the instrument do what it is meant to do?

Ian

#321796 - 04/13/11 04:28 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

For me they did their job by providing demos on their site. Most styles they demo'd like rock, dance, blues and soul is the music I play and it sound great. I also bought my PA500 based on the demos on korgpa.com.

Sure it would be nice to see some more videos but it would be nicer if I could buy one tomorrow and play one myself.

#321801 - 04/13/11 05:10 PM Re: Video of Korg PA3X Musikant in good audio [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Sure it would be nice to see some more videos but it would be nicer if I could buy one tomorrow and play one myself.

Yep, that would be the best way, but, unfortunately, not always possible for some folk.

You bought your PA-500 based only on on-line demos?

Were they more detailed than what was put up for the PA3Xpro?

Ian

Just want to add, Frans, that the PA3Xpro style demos on KorgPA.com are great...really nicely done.

Edited by ianmcnll (04/13/11 05:36 PM)
Edit Reason: add a comment

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online