SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#321728 - 04/13/11 11:57 AM Re: The Book of Eli - Soundtrack - Played Live Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Telmo
IAN , please, no, I enjoy Tyros4 for its portability and great sounds. For me, it's fine.

Yes, I understand...the one that David's son plays is far from portable.

I will say it again, my friend, you really are a class act.

I really enjoy your arrangements and your skills with the Tyros, as well as your fine musicianship.

As Scott pointed out above, you have a 'recognizable" sound, and that's a good thing...you put your own stamp on the music.

Ian

#321740 - 04/13/11 12:56 PM Re: The Book of Eli - Soundtrack - Played Live Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think many here would like Telmo to explain in detail just how he goes about making beat synced sampled multipads and adding non-Yamaha sounds to his performances. Much of what makes these demos so spectacular is the inclusion of sounds not actually in the Tyros, and a step by step description of what goes into preparing such a powerful accompaniment might be of great help to our members here...

Perhaps you could take one of the performances you have already posted, and break it down into the steps you took to arrive at the destination? I'd be fascinated with how you go about choosing the sounds, extracting them from the library you chose, transferring them to the T4, setting up the multipads, how you set up triggering them, etc., etc..

Quite a lot of what makes these performances unique are sounds not in the T4. I'm sure many would be interested in how easy all this is to do. For instance, do you tend to add these sounds to the Flash RAM, or do you load them up each time, how long does each demo take to prepare for, how much the libraries of additional sounds costs, how you convert them?

Workflow is one of those things few of us talk about, yet it's possibly FAR more useful than bickering over which arranger is 'better', or how bad trade show floor demos get, or all the ephemera we mostly natter about here. I'd love to get an inside look into how one of our best players goes about it....

#321789 - 04/13/11 04:09 PM Re: The Book of Eli - Soundtrack - Played Live Tyros4 [Re: Diki]
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Hi DIKI, first of all, thank you for taking the time to watch the video. As I stated before, Tyros4 is a very flexible arranger once you understand how the machine works. I come from Tyros3, if you check my older videos, where I play with Tyros3 and even my video camera now is a better one comparing to my old one. Some musicians are satisfied with Tyros4 the way it is, I mean, the factory sound pleases them. In fact, Tyros4 has one of the best sounds regarding an arranger, my opinion. Like I said, some people just sit and play. But if you go deep, you can edit the style, the multipad, the voices the way you like it. When I play a tune, I rely on Multipads a lot. To me, they are a great addition to your music. As you know, you can take any audio sound, and make a multipad out of it. You can then have that multipad sync to your registration. Very flexible. If you had Tyros4, I could even send you my settings and multipads. Besides the factory sounds, you can add 128 more customs voices. I do have a huge libray of samples from World of Keys, Regitech, Solitaire, Pemo, some IrishAct, and a few others. Besides, I do it for the fun, I'm just a hobbist, part-time State teacher, who dedicates 3 to 4 hours daily with Tyros4.Happy playing my friend. Telmo.

#321795 - 04/13/11 04:27 PM Re: The Book of Eli - Soundtrack - Played Live Tyros4 [Re: Tony Hughes]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Telmo ... the only word in my head as I listened to this was AMAZING!!! ... BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVISSIMO!!! ...
... and how do you remember all that while you are playing?!? ... I am working on a music project with a friend of mine which requires changing of instrument voices etc, but is in NO WAY as involved as your productions, and I have problems remembering everything ... of course I will be 70 yrs old in a couple of days, but still !!! blush

#321829 - 04/13/11 09:36 PM Re: The Book of Eli - Soundtrack - Played Live Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Telmo, I was thinking more in the way of a tutorial for the Yamaha users here. While the simple back and forth is fun here, nothing beats a nice step by step, as if you were explaining to people that DIDN'T know how to do what you are doing...

As I'm sure many don't, going by the lack of user demos here with your depth of usage of sampled multipads. Perhaps if you could SHOW how easy it is, more might be interested in using the feature. It certainly adds the gloss to your demos, and takes them to another level. All the kudos here show how much we all like your work. Perhaps you can help some of us with those features to make better use of them?

#321837 - 04/14/11 02:12 AM Re: The Book of Eli - Soundtrack - Played Live Tyros4 [Re: tony mads usa]
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
TONY, thank you very much for your kind words and comments.

DIKI, you gave me a good idea of producing in the a video demonstrating how to sync multipads with the registration, and adding sample uvn voices to styles and so on, although I believe most Tyros4 users how to do that. But you have a point there and I liked. Let me work on it. Thanks for this good idea. Best regards. Telmo.

#321839 - 04/14/11 04:25 AM Re: The Book of Eli - Soundtrack - Played Live Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Telmo is an artist as opposed to a performer. His music comes from his heart, he feels and plays. I betting on a different day his mood would lead him to play the same piece differently.

I know of only one other player on the Technics forum his name is Colin Leaney (spelling?) I place these people in a special class; Music for meditating, a musician playing with emotion that is normally heard at the theater or on a sound track of a movie.

Years back at the Organ concerts Wersi has a few fine artist who played in this manner, they were excellent but there music sounded commercial, it was not free, it was thought out and planned unlike what I am feeling when I listen to Telmo.

The name Hector Oliverie (spelling) comes to mind, outstanding, I felt he was the Andre Sogovia (Classical Guitarists) of the organ.

John C.

#321848 - 04/14/11 08:04 AM Re: The Book of Eli - Soundtrack - Played Live Tyros4 [Re: Diki]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Diki
Telmo, I was thinking more in the way of a tutorial for the Yamaha users here. While the simple back and forth is fun here, nothing beats a nice step by step, as if you were explaining to people that DIDN'T know how to do what you are doing...

As I'm sure many don't, going by the lack of user demos here with your depth of usage of sampled multipads. Perhaps if you could SHOW how easy it is, more might be interested in using the feature. It certainly adds the gloss to your demos, and takes them to another level. All the kudos here show how much we all like your work. Perhaps you can help some of us with those features to make better use of them?

Yes or a pdf tutorial with pics explaining how he use the pads and samples. Is very interesting for me too as Korg user. I like the way Telmo use the pads very creative. Musicals are not my thing but his last video The Book of Eli is just great.

#321856 - 04/14/11 09:31 AM Re: The Book of Eli - Soundtrack - Played Live Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
If you expect a tutorial by Telmo, you guys should be paying him handsomely for giving up his precious playing time, and his sharing of his obvious well-earned knowledge on a public forum.

That is a lot of work, and very time consuming, and would certainly disrupt his time to perform and arrange, which he obviously loves doing, and does so for his own relaxation and peace of mind.

He is already teaching for a living. Why would he want to spend his personal time teaching as well, and for free?

Asking someone to spend time away from doing what they love, should be accompanied by some sort of compensation.

I'd rather just watch and listen to his awesome videos...they are an education in themselves.

Again, Bravo Telmo! You are a fine player and arranger...keep them coming. You work hard enough at your "day job", and these pieces are not only therapy and relaxation for you, but for the lucky listener as well.

Ian

#321873 - 04/14/11 12:49 PM Re: The Book of Eli - Soundtrack - Played Live Tyros4 [Re: ianmcnll]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
If you expect a tutorial by Telmo, you guys should be paying him handsomely for giving up his precious playing time, and his sharing of his obvious well-earned knowledge on a public forum.
I totally agree with Ian. If you attended a concert by an acclaimed keyboardist you admire, I doubt you'd be asking 'them' to produce a step by step tutorial on a public forum, and for free(?) to boot.
I would consider a request like that a downright insult.

The opportunity alone of us able to watch Telmo up close playing live is a rare treat, and should give anyone 'truly interested' enough information to explore and figure out for themselves what Tyros 4 features & techniques he utilized to create his arr. production. I certainly was able to do that, as both the Tyros 4 manuals and Yamaha Tyros 4 PC Voice Editor documentation cover these topics as well. The final result though is up to the talent and uniquely indiviual creativity of the artist him/herself, and that's something else again.

Thanks again Telmo for giving us pleasure of your beautiful music and video production work. - Scott cool

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online