SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#321531 - 04/11/11 03:06 PM Re: Just ordered a BK-7M [Re: doc-z]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
A CP-33 would be a great choice, Doc...I will keep that in mind...I never thought of it! It has wheels and midi, and a nice action too, plus it isn't too heavy.

My other concern would be styles, or style availability. With Yamaha, there is a wealth of styles from the company and third party suppliers, and all of the former, and most of the latter are very good. Not sure what is available for the Roland lately.

I tried the Prelude, and GW-8, and, just judging from what I heard on-line with the BK-7m, I'd have to say the module beats the pants off them. I can hear quality in the module, at, or better than the level of the G and E series.

It's amazing that it is so hard to get....I suppose it's really popular, and I'm not surprised it is, as Roland fans are starving for some fresh, and high quality styles and sounds.

I sure hope you can find a way to get one...it sounds like it's what you really want.

Ian

#321533 - 04/11/11 03:15 PM Re: Just ordered a BK-7M [Re: doc-z]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Diki, you would be surprised how many players use the pedal for bending...and, not even the FC-7 expression pedal...they use an on/off Fc-5.

Most set it to bend down, so they depress the pedal, hit the note, and then release the pedal.

It's amazing on Pedal Steel Guitar and very handy on the other instruments. There is also a "Glide" pedal setting that is amazing, as the range, speed, and up/down can be set independently for each sound; even in combinations.

I don't have an problem using it as I already use my right foot on the FC-7 Volume, and my left foot on the sustain switch (I use the Roland one with the rubber flap thing that keeps it in place).

I doubt if they'll (Yamaha) drop it, it's actually part of my clinics...it's been on Yamaha's mid and high-end arrangers for eons.

I'm pretty sure Roland's older modules had that same feature.

Ian

Edited by ianmcnll (04/11/11 03:29 PM)
Edit Reason: added a comment

#321537 - 04/11/11 04:28 PM Re: Just ordered a BK-7M [Re: doc-z]
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
Yes, I really want one! For me it is almost a dream come true, a light weight module - not too expensive - and the ability to play with a full band, or just get drums and bass. Couple that with bass inversion and a audio input with a knob to control volume - I'll hook that up to my Harmony-M and I also have the option of vocal harmony. Goodbye mixer, keyboard, drum machine extra stands and so on. The only thing I wish it had was the ability to loop sections of a SMF using markers and jump between loop points - but I can't seem to find anything that does that... If it had that ability it would be a dream come true - but it isn't that far away from it smile

DocZ

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online