SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#321458 - 04/10/11 10:56 PM Re: Korg PA3x Review [Re: abacus]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
There are elements of the review that i think are purely the preference of the writer. some people dont like contemporary styles and i know that Jazzhooves in particular prefers old school styles so i bare that in mind when i read the review. When he says the drums are too real he means too contemporary. Anything that is not part of a jazz brush kit is going to sound too 'real' for jazz hooves. However , what in my opinion is something to pay close attention to is the few issues he mentioned about some of the samples not looping correctly and not playing as the real instrument should play. It wasnt for most of the sounds so before folks jump all over this just keep it in perspective but i know lee or leezone (i alway confuse the two) has mentioned these subtle anaomalies especially when playing slower more orchestral peices Telmo style. You wont notice it in hard edged fast paced funked out/rockedout styles (which i prefer) but if you are a critical listener to sound quality it might be a consideration.

What the reviewer said that rings true in my ears is that the sounds of the korg have not progressed much further than the earlier keyboards. That's not to say that it does not sound good overall but for me that view is right on the money and i say that as a Korg User and supporter both in terms of my money and my time.

There is no getting away from the comparrison in terms of sound quality to the yamaha keyboards. Instead of adding more features to the PA products which are already immensley feature packed even going back to my old PA1X, Korg should have paid more attention to updating the quality of the sounds and the realism of the sounds.

Obviously it doesnt matter what any reviewer writes or what i write about the instrument. Folks have to go out there and try it for themselves and see if it suits them and is value for money.

#321471 - 04/11/11 05:54 AM Re: Korg PA3x Review [Re: spalding1968]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Where are the other reviews of this site. And who is the writer. Site looks very biased to Yamaha. Who owns this site? I quess an employee of Yamaha.

Like I said I also have review sites (not arranger related) and get paid to write or post reviews from diverse products. That is how I earn my money smile

Edited by FransN (04/11/11 05:55 AM)

#321474 - 04/11/11 06:24 AM Re: Korg PA3x Review [Re: abacus]
spalding1968 Offline

so are you saying you are biased in your reviews when you write them depending on who pays you ??? Tell me the name of your site so i can avoid it......

#321476 - 04/11/11 06:35 AM Re: Korg PA3x Review [Re: spalding1968]
FransN Offline

You didn't know that? How naive. That's marketing my friend. That's how review sites works and make their money. Only independent sites you can trust.

Edited by FransN (04/11/11 06:41 AM)

#321478 - 04/11/11 06:54 AM Re: Korg PA3x Review [Re: abacus]
spalding1968 Offline

so help me understand this....

Yamaha , wersi, korg , bose , roland , casio and a whole bunch of other companies pay jazzhooves to write reviews on their products right ???? So who paid Jazzhooves to write the review on the korg product if it wasnt Korg ????

Let me put it to you that Korg provided Jazzhooves with a Korg Pa3X to review as they did the Pa800 previously and jazzhooves wrote a less than glowing review of the product as they did the PA800 if my memory serves me well. I assume korg then paid for that review. It doesnt sound like Jazzhlooves understood the terms of the 'deal' or perhaps, just maybe ... they were providing in their view an honest accurate review based on their experience of the product and their prefernces like we all do.

I am not paid by yamaha or Korg but some of the comments the reviewer made rang true for me. Either way Jazzhooves sounds a whole lot more honest to me than the 'untrustworthy'' review site you openly admit you make your money from......i cant say that i am shocked .

#321481 - 04/11/11 07:16 AM Re: Korg PA3x Review [Re: abacus]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Me for one...pay NO attention to Jazzhooves reviews. They are not my kind of reviewers.

I would like Korg to send a PA3XPRO to Telmo, and then we see how it sounds!

#321484 - 04/11/11 07:34 AM Re: Korg PA3x Review [Re: spalding1968]
FransN Offline

So why can't I find that review of th PA800 on their site? I only see a review of the Tyros 4 who get a 9/10. How shocking hahaha. I don't believe they received a PA3X from Korg. Jazzhooves is no authority site. They just make it all up.

#335015 - 12/31/11 10:28 AM Re: Korg PA3x Review [Re: abacus]
jazzhooves Offline

Believe what you will...

If you think the keyboard is great, thats excellent - you are Korg's target audience and you will buy this keyboard and you will have lots of fun with it.

Jazzhooves is 100% independent, no connection to manufacturers. Someone makes a great product, it gets a great review, someone makes a bad product,... gets a bad review. It's simple. A review is a personal viewpoint and for me, there are better arrangers out there, including the Ketron.

#335025 - 12/31/11 12:27 PM Re: Korg PA3x Review [Re: abacus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've played arrangers since they were invented. I have owned and liked Yamahas, Ketrons, Technics, Rolands and Korgs, even a Casio.
I like the PA80 in it's time--hated the PA800 because I got an early one and it sounded awful.
I've had a PA3X for a few days and so far I love it. I'm anything but a Korg fan, but fast becoming one. Jury is still out. As much as I wanted to buy from Frank or George, I bought it from a company with an option to return for $$ within 45 days, because if I decide not to keep it, there is nothing else out there that I like better than my Roland gear.
I am probably going to use it for the first time tonight on my NY's Eve job. Maybe. Still a couple of hours of setup work I need to do and time is running out.
The Korg is extremely deep, but I think I've figured most of it out. I do know it has excellent controls for playing live.
I'll do a review later, but as with all reviews, it will be my opinion and related to how it works for ME.
DonM

#335030 - 12/31/11 12:57 PM Re: Korg PA3x Review [Re: leeboy]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: leeboy
..... I would like Korg to send a PA3XPRO to Telmo, and then we see how it sounds!

I have a strong feeling about that if you give Telmo a arrangerkeyboard, whatever brand, he will make it sound heavenly!

Cheers
GJ

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online