SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#32120 - 02/21/03 02:02 PM My new microphone.....
justforfun000 Offline

Loc: Canada
The sound is much better. The presence is much stronger. All in all I'm happy with it, but I'm starting to suspect my internal pre-amp, or possibly the vocalizer itself is not working properly.

Over the weekend I traced a recurring problem to the individual microphone 1 input. Sometimes it's worse than others, but this day it was very frequent. It sounds like a surge of electricity. Can be quite loud, and makes me jump. This is both when it's NOT in use at the time, or being sung. That day I dropped the channel volume off and it vanished entirely. So I know now it's from the mike. Actually, it's not even the actual Microphone output either because afternoons I have both the keyboard and my vocals going through the single mono output, and it STILL does it. Weird eh? Any idea what it is?

Secondly, The microphone sound will sometimes shut off entirely. It happened twice yesterday and I had to restart the keyboard to get it turned on again. Nothing else I did worked. Now with this new microphone, I need even less of a gain in the back. The slider was about halfway across, and no warning lights from the DSP either.

Does this sound like an internal flaw?

------------------
http://members.rogers.com/unison

#32121 - 02/22/03 11:41 PM Re: My new microphone.....
justforfun000 Offline

Hmmm, no opinions? I better take it in for service then I guess. :-(

#32122 - 02/23/03 04:38 AM Re: My new microphone.....
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
That's very very strange and has never happened to me...
Maybe you should try using another vocal set and see how will it work. It can probably be some "problem" on you vocal setting.

Luis Santos

#32123 - 02/23/03 09:33 AM Re: My new microphone.....
justforfun000 Offline

Is the vocalizer affected at ALL in the new OS? Or is this sounding to be a hardware problem....

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online