SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#321061 - 04/07/11 08:13 AM Re: Yamaha MG82cx Vs Edirol M-10DX [Re: montunoman]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Take this with a grain of salt, as I struggle with live sound, but a gig I had two weeks ago was the best sound I have ever had and I used that very Edirol mixer. Of course, it could have been the room acoustics. I used it again last weekend and sound was fine. I can't say it was stellar, as I had to keep the volume down low for this particular party and I really couldn't hear myself that well. And... I have yet to master the room acoustics feature. The menu-driven interface is not exactly intuitive. Yet, it probably is very powerful, I just have to dig in more. Another thing I like about the Edirol is it can run on batteries. I have the Roland BA330 amp that also runs on batteries. For a guy and a guitar gig, nothing could be simpler, I am going to try that out. Of course, even simpler for that would be no mixer at all, but something is awry with my reverb on that amp.

#321063 - 04/07/11 08:16 AM Re: Yamaha MG82cx Vs Edirol M-10DX [Re: montunoman]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: montunoman
Thanks guys that helped alot. Don, I'd love to come out your way... I do have a bad case of spring fever so maybe I could take a day off to take a road trip to LA:)

what's the model of the peavey that you like?

PV10.
DonM

#321070 - 04/07/11 09:13 AM Re: Yamaha MG82cx Vs Edirol M-10DX [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

The M-10DX’s “Room Acoustic Auto Control” function analyzes the acoustical characteristics of the room and
automatically adjusts the output signal so that it will be appropriate for that room........then if you do an on/off with it you will notice such a major difference in overall sound its amazing.

#321071 - 04/07/11 09:32 AM Re: Yamaha MG82cx Vs Edirol M-10DX [Re: montunoman]
Jackieh Offline

AudioLines does not have any--Anyone else know where one may be available?

Thanks

Jack

#321072 - 04/07/11 09:50 AM Re: Yamaha MG82cx Vs Edirol M-10DX [Re: Jackieh]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Jackieh
AudioLines does not have any--Anyone else know where one may be available?

Thanks

Jack

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000NJNIJS/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

#321077 - 04/07/11 10:34 AM Re: Yamaha MG82cx Vs Edirol M-10DX [Re: montunoman]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Wow, $250? I only paid $125 for mine brand new and unopened. I only turned it on once or twice when I first got it and found that, like Bill, I couldn't figure out the room acoustics thingy either (part of my "if I can't figure it out in five minutes without reading the manual, forget it" syndrome). I might be persuaded to sell mine for THAT price.......but probably not; I hate to part with stuff, plus, it would feel like gouging.

Hmmm, maybe I need to go back and take another look at that puppy.

chas

#321084 - 04/07/11 11:11 AM Re: Yamaha MG82cx Vs Edirol M-10DX [Re: cgiles]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Like the old Duprees song....."why don't you believe me".. smile

#321087 - 04/07/11 11:26 AM Re: Yamaha MG82cx Vs Edirol M-10DX [Re: montunoman]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think it's mostly about having to change long worn habits when it comes to operating a mixer, Fran...

I've got friends that went digital with Studiologic, Yamaha, Roland, Behringer mixers, to name a few, and most of them (fulltime gigging pros) said that they had quite a time getting used to not being able to grab what they want INSTANTLY. Some to the point of going back to analog. Some stayed.

They are great tools, but need almost a complete rethink in how you approach live sound...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online