SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#320893 - 04/05/11 08:35 AM When did online forums, become dating sites?
analogcontrolfreak Offline

I am a member of a few online forums. This one, the talking machine forum, VSE, 78rpm online community, to name a few.

I recently, received an email from a woman in the UK, through the 78 rpm online community website. I was hoping for a question about 78 rpm records, not a relationship! I don't mind people messaging me through there, but I would prefer a question about 78 rpm records, or my phonographs, not be picked up!

That's what dating sites are for!

I am glad that Nigel requires new members to ask for permission, before joining here.

Paul

#320933 - 04/05/11 09:24 PM Re: When did online forums, become dating sites? [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: analogcontrolfreak
I am glad that Nigel requires new members to ask for permission, before joining here.
Paul

I was pretty much forced to by online marketing spammers who join every forum they can in order to spam. I figure that if anyone seriously wants to join the forum they will contact me and ask. Not that it guarrantees we won't get fake members but it certainly seems to be working. Before I did that I was getting 10 or more spammers registering every day.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online