SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#320352 - 03/28/11 08:20 AM Re: 5 part Pa3x demos in french [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

I'm the opposite...I enjoy the so called bad demos because I can hear thru them what I need to make an opinion for myself...
no need to butter it up...naked is the truth I say wink

#320354 - 03/28/11 08:27 AM Re: 5 part Pa3x demos in french [Re: Saswick]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, there's bad, then there's cell-phone bad!

I am pretty sure you don't sound as bad out in the room as it would sound if someone held up a portable recording device. Once the sound of the room masks the music as much as these demos did, I am afraid you can't really tell WHAT you are listening to...

As I said earlier, I am pretty sure I could come to one of your gigs with a cheap recording device, set it up far enough away from you that the room masks your real sound, and make even your S910 sound pretty bad... Now, that doesn't mean that the S910 really IS bad, does it? wink

#320356 - 03/28/11 08:42 AM Re: 5 part Pa3x demos in french [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

your not getting my point......I can hear thru the mess wink

#320380 - 03/28/11 11:38 AM Re: 5 part Pa3x demos in french [Re: Saswick]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
For me, a slightly dodgy audio recording is not critical, as I already have a pretty good idea of how it is going to sound, based around the PA2. And believe me, from the demos I have seen, and the specs I have read, there is not a great deal of difference!

The only sounds I am really interested in are those from the CV1, and as I have not heard in person or played one I am waiting for a decent sound demo for those. the rest sound pretty similar.You guys do not have that experience of owning and regularly playing a PA2 week in and week out, so really are not in a good position to tell without a pristine audio signal. And that's cool!

And from a sound basis I would not be interested in buying one. Too similar.

BUT, from an operational perspective, now that's where I get interested. So far all I am seeing is very good. Style track editing (from initial looks) that seem far more detailed and easier to use than make-up tools. A pretty decent button layout, easier to see and read display, Chord Sequencer of course!! The new harmoniser engine from VoiceLive Touch, amongst others.

There is still some technical information that has not been evidenced in the videos, and I suspect (hope!) this will become clearer at Messe

But my final decision will now rest on the release of the manual, so I can REALLY see what has changed and been added.

Dennis

#320385 - 03/28/11 12:04 PM Re: 5 part Pa3x demos in french [Re: miden]
Magali Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hello all
I am OK with Diki,,you are often sage and sometime a little angry (not exactly the good word sorry).
I am French and i am 60 years ; These videos are amateurish work and the sound is bad.
Michel Deutsh is a very great player same level than Bartman Voncken etc.He knows very very well the Korg keyboards
and the PA séries. The keyboard he use is in beta version , many fonctions does not work and he says that but for me it is more easy to undurstand.
For exemple he can't calling the screen sets on this keyboard .He always asked to change the pictures of the big screen on his left.
I am very familiar with the 2x because y have this keyboard and also the T4 and the Audya ,I think that i can compare all that.
I have listen attentively
The piano is better than the PA2
Electrics pianos are in a new level far better that all others arrangeurs
on PA2x harmonica was more réalistic than T4 and Audya ,on this new it is far better (listen at the vibrato).
An organ sound is really the same that Hammond .I have not see if this is a prest sound or the drawbars . the drawbars on the 2x are not good (better on T4 and Audya.
For the drums i don't know (ambiance effects ) ?
we may waiting for listen all the sounds and the styles but i think that this board can compete easely with Tyros 4 and Audya ( wait and see ) and sorry for my English.

#320392 - 03/28/11 02:10 PM Re: 5 part Pa3x demos in french [Re: Saswick]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Angry..? Well, not quite. Perhaps disturbed, at times! confused2

It often seems we have little patience to wait until good quality demos come out, and many people make their minds up LONG before the dust has settled. Perhaps that's just the nature of a cross-platform forum, some people can't think good of their own arranger without putting another one down.

Me, I can't tell. Sure, it sounds pretty much like a PA2X, and that's not surprising. T4 sounds pretty much like a T3 to me, too. And the E80 sounded pretty much like a G70. That's the nature of the beast. And as you have said, he is STILL playing a beta, so there's plenty of room for change before the release (and after it, too - Korg are not like Yamaha, they WILL bring out software improvements rather than make you buy another arranger to get them).

When the first official units start shipping to the dealers is when we are likely to FINALLY hear it in its finished form. Until then, at least these videos keep our appetites whetted (and give the naysayers something to gripe about!). I can definitely tell that Dennis is getting interested if it has Makeup Tool ease of use in it. Me too, TBH. Makeup Tools is one of the MAIN things that keeps me locked into the G70. I do a LOT of 'tweaking', and anything that makes that easier is great by me! If Korg can make something that makes style editing and tweaking as easy as Roland have, it is going to be a big factor in whether I consider one.

In the meantime, meh..! I am not so fired up about ANY new arranger that a disappointing amateur video of a beta demo is going to ruin my day! I can wait for the good stuff without HAVING to come to a decision now...

Angry...? No. Resigned, maybe..! rolleyes wink

#320467 - 03/29/11 03:24 PM Re: 5 part Pa3x demos in french [Re: Diki]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Can you count the number of fingers in his right hand?

Amazing player

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online