SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 45 of 47 < 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 >
Topic Options
#323527 - 05/05/11 03:50 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
A friend has sent me a midi file that will allow me to call up certain voices on the A1-A8 buttons. Question is do I load this onto the A-800Pro using the Editor?

Deane

#323530 - 05/05/11 04:00 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Sweentech1 Offline

Loc: Scotland, UK.
Yes Deane,

Go to File/Open and browse to the midi file, and select open.

Next transmit it to your A-Pro. It should be set up in devices first, and make sure you dfon't overwrite an existing map you want to keep.

I have been playing with this extensively tonight myself. I have been trying to make it transmit information to the makeup tools to make changes on the fly with the faders. I analysed what the BK-7m could transmit to get the correct CC numbers, but although it transmits the changes made inside the makeup tools, I can't currently find a way to get it to receive them. That's another suggestion for my next list to Roland then!

#323532 - 05/05/11 04:16 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Sweentech1]
hammer Offline

John,
I opened the midi file in the editor - transmitted it to the A-800 but buttons A1-A8 do not have any effect at all when pressed. Each button should have a sound assigned to it. What now?

I retransmitted the file twice with the same results. Here is the file I am sent to my A-800.

Deane

Attachments
Voice set 01.mid (188 downloads)

Edited by hammer (05/05/11 04:24 PM)

#323557 - 05/06/11 12:02 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: hammer]
Sweentech1 Offline

Hi Deane,

I have downloaded your file and tested it, and got it to work. I have also found some amazing other stuff which is not mentioned in the manual. So, read on....

Firstly your solution.

I opened up the midi file in the editor asnd inspected it's content first to confirm the settings had been made correctly - which they had. I loaded it into the A300-Pro I have, on control map 1 as you can't send anything to control map 0 (It's the factory default which is kept as is) That worked fine too. The names of the caontrol map and the patch selections appear in the display when you select them.

When selecdting your patch changes though, nothing happened. After a little bit of footering around I found the solution. On the BK-7m go to Menu/Midi/Edit Tone Parts/
From here set the Part to be UP1 (assuming you want the patch changes to come in on UP1) Once the part is at Up1, set RX (receive) to On, and ensure that RX Channel is set to Channel 1.

Hey presto it works.

Save your midi set so that it can be recalled. You should be able to just recall this rather than use the wizard again.

I'll follow up my other findings shortly... I thought I should get this info to you first... and I want to explore my other findings a bit too... Back soon!

John

#323577 - 05/06/11 03:30 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
hammer Offline

Hey John,
It works!!! This is a big break through and opens up a lot of possibilities. Thanks tons - I would never have figured out about using a control map other than 0.

I'll try setting up another set on my own and see how it goes.

Thanks tons.

Deane

#323578 - 05/06/11 03:37 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Sweentech1 Offline

No problem Deane, it's a pleasure to be able to help someone who is trying so hard to get the best from the kit. Keep posting your issues and I'll help where I can. The possibilities as you say are endless. That's what I was alluding to earlier... I have some great ideas. I'll keep you posted once I have something concrete.

For starters how about using the knobs and faders to control the volume of each part, the overall style volume etc...
Then I weas thinking about wsending filter information to songs on specific channels and that works too...

I am gonna have so much fun. I think I'll need to get an A800-Pro now myself. Anyone interested in an A300-Pro with sealed software pack and box? It was new at Christmas (It's one of the recently relabelled Roland ones too, not a Cakewalk branded model) I am open to offers!

#323580 - 05/06/11 03:55 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Sweentech1 Offline

one really important point I must mention. Yesterday I said that when you use the connection wizard and set it to computer/sequencer mode, then you couldn't access styles. THIS IS NOT TRUE, YOU CAN!!!

If you go to Menu/Midi/Edit System/NTA you can see three parameters, Channel, RX, and RX Octave. If you think about which channel you want the NoteToArranger information to come in on, set the Channel paramter to that... say channel 2. You may now move to the RX (receive) parameter and turn it on. You can receive information on as many or few channels as you like. This is why I have been able to control my styles from both pedals and lower keyboard on my organ.

It appears the connection Wizard has a few macros in it to set up the midi settings based on the regular settings players of typical controllers would require. However you do not have to use the Wizard at all. If you know what you want to achieve, you can do it be setting all the midi parameters manually, then save them as a midi set, for instant recall later.

#323583 - 05/06/11 04:07 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I wonder if that midi set will work on Edirol PCR-800 controller?
DonM

#323587 - 05/06/11 04:26 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Sweentech1 Offline

Hi Don,

I just downloaded the editor to try it, but it won't load the control map. However the method is identical for setting it up yourself. I described it a few pages back.

#323588 - 05/06/11 04:30 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: DonM]
hammer Offline

Don,
Things are looking a little better. Another interesting finding - when I use any control map other than 0 the weird sound problem goes away. I am experimenting with all the control maps now that I know how to change them and reset them.

I wonder if I setup say 10 control maps with voices on all 8 of the buttons and overwrite the control maps on the controller if that would work. Also, I wonder if they would have to be reloaded with each power-off power on event????

Deane

Page 45 of 47 < 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online