Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Me thinks some of you guys are going to have to eat your words
in a short while !!

Kind Regards

Col

#320334 - 03/28/11 05:07 AM Re: 5 part Pa3x demos in French [Re: Saswick]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I noticed on American Idol the other night that Stevie Wonder, performing as a guest artist, was playing a Motif ES. Isn't that two generations old? Surely Stevie can afford the latest, greatest. It just seems to me that the most professional and the most proficient players seem to be the least anxious to run out and buy the 'latest, greatest'. Even on this board, guys like Gary and Diki, true working professionals, seem to stick to what's working rather than chase after every new toy that comes down the pike. I'm willing to bet that hobbyist and home players are the MOST likely to upgrade frequently. You would have to conclude that this is because they are convinced that it is the INSTRUMENT that is going to make them sound better rather than their talent and skill set. Of course this is just my own (usually controversial) opinion. Obviously, there are many exceptions and many good, legitimate reasons to upgrade, such as "I just want it". But IMO, if you suck on a Tyros 3, you're probably going to suck on a Tyros 4 as well.

chas (saving up for my PA3x smile ).

Edited by cgiles (03/28/11 05:07 AM)

#320335 - 03/28/11 05:08 AM Re: 5 part Pa3x demos in French [Re: Saswick]
Tony Hughes Offline

Col,

I think your right we will,but I won't be going for a change on the results of the demos, I have no doubt that KORG will have do a good job, just a great pity we can't see it in the dark.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#320336 - 03/28/11 06:23 AM Re: 5 part Pa3x demos in French [Re: Saswick]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By: Saswick
Me thinks some of you guys are going to have to eat your words
in a short while !!

Kind Regards

Col

What?..Korg is going to edit the video's?

We are not saying it's not going to be a great keyboard, we are saying the video's you linked to could have been better, that's all.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#320337 - 03/28/11 06:37 AM Re: 5 part Pa3x demos in French [Re: lahawk]
Tony Hughes Offline

Larry,

I am with you on this one, I hope we get a hell of a kicking on this one and the the PA3x is far better than T4, Audya, MS and all things multi coloured put together, if it is, it will be one hell of a tool. I agree just a little better demo would us reeling, perhaps!

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#320338 - 03/28/11 06:40 AM Re: 5 part Pa3x demos in French [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

I would say the Pa3x is already out...
it's called the Pa2x!....aside from more cool usable features it is essentially the same sound/style wise to my ears so far in anything I've heard to date.

#320339 - 03/28/11 06:49 AM Re: 5 part Pa3x demos in French [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Donny,

That doesn't sound good news, perhaps that was a PA2x thats why the lights hand been turned down!

Tony

#320342 - 03/28/11 07:32 AM Re: 5 part Pa3x demos in french [Re: Saswick]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
No offense guys, but I'm pretty sure I could come out to any of YOUR gigs with a lousy camcorder sitting well back in a poor acoustic environment, and make YOU sound like you suck! No matter WHAT arranger you play!

This ISN'T an official Korg demo. This is an amateur recording of a Korg demo...

Big difference.

I'll tell you one other thing. Listen to a Yamaha demo presentation, and sure, you'll hear a LOT of very pretty playing. What you WON'T hear (or see) is the presenter getting into great detail about the editing capabilities! For instance, I don't think I have EVER seen a Yamaha arranger demo where the presenter gets a rhythm going, then goes into the drum kit while it's playing and adjust the pitch of the snare..! Sure, it's not 'entertaining', but it IS what any decent player, pro OR amateur, ought to be interested in.

I believe this shows, about as clearly as I have ever seen, the utter disparity between Yamaha's approach to selling arrangers and their target audience, and Korg's. Look, I used to sell 'home organs' back in the seventies. And one thing you learned to NEVER do when demo-ing those things to 'home' players was talk about ANY of the details. Just play your ass off, play some cheesy schmaltz, and let them THINK that, if they bought one, they would sound JUST LIKE YOU...

Then I sold synths to gigging pros in the eighties. The FIRST thing they wanted to know was, how was the editing, how was the ease of use live, how fast was the patch selection, how easy was it to store your own setups. I barely had to play the things at all.

That's the difference between Korg and Yamaha, IMO. Korg are making arrangers for people that still CARE about editing and the fine details, and Yamaha are not. Even though some of that editing capability is actually included, you'll rarely ever see a Yamaha demo where they even MENTION it, let alone show off its capabilities.

Personally, I am GLAD that at least ONE arranger manufacturer still cares about this stuff. And, so what if it hurts their sales a little bit not going after the lowest common denominator? One thing I'm sure of. If it weren't for brands like Korg, keeping it old school, Yamaha would have LONG ago dropped any pretense of detail editing. They would like to sell preset boxes to preset music players. Tons of money there. But at least Korg's continual refusal to relinquish the arranger market to Yamaha exclusively (let's face it, everybody else is also-ran's) helps push innovation and stops the dumbing down of the arranger...

I can't wait for the first OFFICIAL, properly recorded PA3X demos. I heard much there that, were it to come off the board, would have sounded pretty good. and perhaps Korg, for the ADHD listeners here, will post some nice music without any of that yucky editing information thrown in to confuse them! Maybe some ALW, perhaps a Miss Saigon medley..? rotf2

computer

#320344 - 03/28/11 07:47 AM Re: 5 part Pa3x demos in french [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Well until that possibly happens Diki we are left with what we see & hear....nothing more nothing less....wishing & hoping won't cut it...it is what it is, let your ears be your guide I say....

#320351 - 03/28/11 08:16 AM Re: 5 part Pa3x demos in french [Re: Saswick]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You know, I'm not really one of those 'you have to hear it in person' kind of guys. A well recorded mp3 demo of a direct from the outputs performance is fine by me... I play all of them through my Mackie HR824's anyway, so they sound through the same system as I would use it on at home, helping comparison no end.

But, until I DO hear a well recorded demo through the reference monitors, I don't think I CAN really pass judgment. Unlike many here, sadly...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online