No roots Al. I recently purchased a larger sailboat, one that I can live on during the winter months while sailing in the sunny south. I'll be setting my course for south Florida in early October 2012, and with luck I'll make it to Marathon Key by the end of the month. I have a tentative Tiki Bar job there at one of the marinas, an exchange deal where I can perform a couple nights a week in return for free slip rent, water and electricity. I hope to make lots of side trips, sailing down to the Dry Tortugas, maybe over to the Bahamas, then back to Key West and up the west side and slide over to the Panhandle for a couple weeks or so. Diki says I can tie up at the dock where he's playing, mix up some Kickapoo Joy Juice and enjoy the show. Eventually, I'll make my way back to Marathon, probably stay there until the end of March, then sail back north to the Chesapeake's upper reaches where I'll spend the summer months. At last that's the plan for now.

The boat is large enough to live aboard comfortably, has all the amenities, heat, air conditioning, running water, full galley, etc... Plus, there's so much storage space that I have plenty of room to carry my music gear. I'm just hoping that my rapidly aging body parts hold out long enough for me to do this lifelong, dream trip.

This is a shot of the boat at the dock last summer. I think it will be neat to get a photo of the boat during the winter with coconut palms in the background and sailing through turquoise waters. smile

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)