SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#320267 - 03/27/11 02:18 AM Re: WHEN are the KORG keyboards coming out? [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
They tell you whether they are backordered on it already?

Diki,

Are you going to take the plunge this year and buy a new KB, technology has moved on a bit since you bought one.

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#320277 - 03/27/11 07:18 AM Re: WHEN are the KORG keyboards coming out? [Re: Mark79100]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Yesp,
One guy old me I would not get one of the first group, but my regular sales guy said maybe....
Keep in mind, I reserved one, that does NOT mean I'm buying one there, if at all. The only way to get one for a day is reserve one, go spend the day with it (Kind of a date without the sex. They just put it back in the box, if you don't want it.
Daniel Fisher wants to get his hands on one for a while too, so he said he will be there as well, at least for a short time. He's always fun to talk with! He is a legend in sound design...so we will see how he feels about it too.

#320365 - 03/28/11 09:38 AM Re: WHEN are the KORG keyboards coming out? [Re: Tony Hughes]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Diki,

Are you going to take the plunge this year and buy a new KB, technology has moved on a bit since you bought one.

Regards

Tony

I have a friend who has already ordered a PA3X, so I'll get to try it when he gets it. TBH, there STILL isn't anything out that really gets my juices flowing. I am intrigued by the Kronos, and think that looks like some of the first new technology (hardware streaming samples of an SSHD) I have seen for quite a while.

The Audya's audio slice arranging is a good idea, but remains to be perfected and expanded. Perhaps if they adopt the Kronos SSHD streaming technology, they can finally do it properly. You know, like audio for EVERYTHING, and all the chords, too! But they need to work on having the tools available so the user can quickly and relatively easily assemble and edit those audio styles, too, so far very lacking, IMO.

Everything else in the arranger world is simple incremental advances, and often sadly tied to a 'home player' mentality, which I am NOT!

The only thing that is tempting me in the slightest is the PA3X's chord sequencer, which is a welcome return of the most useful arranger function EVER, but whether it is enough to tempt me away from the G70, remains to be seen...

TBH, I have yet to hear a better arranger than my G70 with regard to drums, bass, and piano, which is the meat of what I do, nothing else has come out with significantly more variations and fills (which would be useful!) or any of the other things I could really USE, and for live use in a full band (the majority of what I've been doing for a couple of years or so), there's still nothing that even comes CLOSE. So much so that a friend of mine who plays ten gigs a week or more in a live band round here, and who has been a heavy Korg user for the last ten years is buying a nice used G70 to play in the band instead of the Korg's..!

I honestly WISH there was something in an arranger to fire me up, but I've always been very patient, waiting until things have REALLY changed before I make the move. Had the G1000 for over ten years before I made the move to the G70. I'm waiting until I get that 'OMG! I simply HAVE to have this!' feeling.

So far, nothing yet... violin

#320446 - 03/29/11 09:34 AM Re: WHEN are the KORG keyboards coming out? [Re: Mark79100]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Some Info from Korg Italy (taken from the Korg forums)

"Thoraldus wrote:
Wonder who is ultimately responsible for the PA marketing, must be the Italians, they're pretty laid back."

Response from Paolo (Korg Italy)

"Actually, marketing for Korg is at our central offices in Japan. We are very sorry for this delay, but we have had a series of problems due to a series of bad events you might have heard about on the newspapers. Activies are however back at their full pace now, so you can expect to see the Pa3X delivered very soon. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Best regards,
Paolo"

Hi Paolo, good to see you are still alive and kicking Smile

Dennis

"Thanx Dennis. I must add that the Pa3X has already started shipping to the distributors, so it should be on sale very soon in the shops. Demonstration tours will be announced in the official web site of the Pa-Series (www.korgpa.com).

Best, Paolo"

tramannoni
Korg Italy

#320449 - 03/29/11 11:34 AM Re: WHEN are the KORG keyboards coming out? [Re: Mark79100]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
TBH, I am surprised that as a general practice, any official Korg public presentations (or anybody's, TBH) don't run a little Zoom pocket recorder on the PA's direct outs. That way, if a user makes a video, at least they can replace the camcorder mike with the audio from the board, and re-post the video (with the owner's permission) with direct audio...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online