SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#319931 - 03/23/11 06:49 AM Re: What do You Play:Keyboards, Synthesizer, Piano ?! [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

PS....and in reality what is "LIVE" about playing Automatic styles?

To me "LIVE" is one person or persons each playing a single solo instrument...the rest is some sort of automation.....just sayin'.

Edited by Dnj (03/23/11 06:54 AM)

#319934 - 03/23/11 07:09 AM Re: What do You Play:Keyboards, Synthesizer, Piano ?! [Re: Scottyee]
Joesax Offline

Loc: Southern New Jersey
Scott:

I would consider anyone who is playing just chords on the Left a Keyboard player. What's the difference if your playing a chord or a style? So if you can play accompaniment, counter melody, on the left then I would consider that a piano player. Doesn't matter what instrument you are playing. It's all about the technique. That's my personal opinion. Others may define it differently.
Tyros 3, Motif XF6, Quad Amp/Pre-Amp/DAC, Quad Monitors, Tascam Digital Recorder

#319950 - 03/23/11 09:36 AM Re: What do You Play:Keyboards, Synthesizer, Piano ?! [Re: Joesax]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Donny, that's why I'm doing the month of March with no automation at all. 30 jobs and counting. Different mindset, but working out GREAT!

May stop using arrangers live-just for film roughs.

Russ

#319951 - 03/23/11 10:16 AM Re: What do You Play:Keyboards, Synthesizer, Piano ?! [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
To summarize the difference:

Keyboard (American/British Definition):
- 'any' musical instrument played by means of a piano-like keyboard, ie: a piano, electric piano, organ, synthesizer, or arranger keyboard.

Keyboard(European Definition):
- an instrument played by means of a piano-like keyboard, but which specifically includes 'auto accomp' styles & arranger features

#319953 - 03/23/11 10:23 AM Re: What do You Play:Keyboards, Synthesizer, Piano ?! [Re: captain Russ]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: captain Russ
30 jobs and counting. Different mindset, but working out GREAT!

Russ

Man, who is YOUR agent??? 30 gigs in a month..Wow (and the month isn't near over yet!)

Dennis

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online