SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#319565 - 03/18/11 02:24 AM Re: Styles for the KN7000 [Re: Audrey Turner]
peter b Offline

Loc: nottinghamshire, UK
Hi Audrey
Copywright in this country is a minefield.
I would have thought that if you had bought them legally from a proper source, then if you no longer need them then you are well within your rights to sell them on.
Personally I refuse to pay £17.99 for a disk when in the original catologue from technote they were from as little as £9.99.from the original Technote range. Especially, with the KN7000, with a little effort you can quite easily make up your own to suit the music you want to play.
It has to remembered as well that 'Technics' and 'Technote' were not one and the same.
This is not to decry the excellent standard of disks which Neil has spent a lot time producing for the Kn range.

Regards
Peter B

#319566 - 03/18/11 03:00 AM Re: Styles for the KN7000 [Re: Tony Deaf]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I'm sure Neil can explain it all to us if he hasn't already done so previously on this forum...

#319567 - 03/18/11 03:06 AM Re: Styles for the KN7000 [Re: Tony Deaf]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
It's all pretty much explained here...
http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread..._BLAK#Post70161
Rog

#319629 - 03/19/11 10:12 AM Re: Styles for the KN7000 [Re: Audrey Turner]
BLUEROSEY Offline

Loc: WALES UK
I also obtained styles from the Technics site free of charge, all styles from all their keyboards were free to owners of their Keyboards.If Technote obtained these and sold them to Neil Blake, then they sold something that was freely available to all. How can something provided free, now suddenly become subject to copyright? Somebody needs to check who exactly owns the rights and not run scared every time Neil blake issues threats. I would suggest a letter to Technics old company may clear this up once and for all.

#319645 - 03/19/11 02:59 PM Re: Styles for the KN7000 [Re: BLUEROSEY]
peter b Offline

Loc: nottinghamshire, UK
'all styles from all their keyboards were free to owners of their Keyboards'.
Blue Rosey
This is not a true fact. Technics did issue free styles from their website as an expansion of the model, but the disks from Technote were a 'commercial issue' ,for want of a better term, dedicated to a range of registrations etc. the same system applies to the Yamaha range,

Peter B

#319655 - 03/19/11 06:21 PM Re: Styles for the KN7000 [Re: peter b]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
To add to what Peter has said;

There were free files given away by the company but they were the files from all the previous Kn models. In fact when you bought the book, “Getting the Most from your Kn7000” (I think that was the title) Alex give a CD with his book which encluded all the previous Kn keyboard styles.

My 2 cents, John C.

#319672 - 03/20/11 05:16 AM Re: Styles for the KN7000 [Re: peter b]
BLUEROSEY Offline

Loc: WALES UK
Originally Posted By: peter b
'all styles from all their keyboards were free to owners of their Keyboards'.
Blue Rosey
This is not a true fact. Technics did issue free styles from their website as an expansion of the model, but the disks from Technote were a 'commercial issue' ,for want of a better term, dedicated to a range of registrations etc. the same system applies to the Yamaha range,

Peter B

Am I missing a point here? surely what we are discussing are the files issued by Techics FREE, not files from Tecnote which are copyright. If they were not from Technics where did I get them, certainly not Technote.

#319678 - 03/20/11 07:40 AM Re: Styles for the KN7000 [Re: Tony Deaf]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
All the Styles from the previous range of Technics keyboards (KN2000,3000,5000,6xxx) plus some styles from the KN2400/2600, were originally available on the now defunct Technics website, as free downloads.
When the website closed, I contacted Panasonic and obtained permission to add these styles to my website. They are still available, as a single download in '.sdb' format here : http://www.willumspages.co.uk/page8.html
When downloaded, they can be transferred to an SD Card, using the Panasonic 'Song Manager' program, as described on the web page. The download also includes some new 'World' styles.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online