SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#317759 - 02/27/11 02:09 AM Video on YouTube.
Tony Deaf Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England

Hello,

Over the last decade or so, I have mainly been a 'lurker' around the many Musicians Forums, and still am.

I have watched the progress and evolution of these forums with great interest... eg - its not so long back that only .mid files were acceptable - as Mp3s could not be 'checked Out' for Authenticity, or played around with. Time moved on, and now Mp3 links are the norm. The more vociferous in some forums really discouraged 'Singists' on Mp3 posting their songs ... Today those same people are now posting Mp3's with themselves singing.

Where do we go from here I wondered !
... I think possibly to have your own page on YouTube, and do Video's, is the way forward now, and can't envisage what the next step beyond that could be, other than turning up on other members doorsteps, with a keyboard under your arm !!.

I have chosen to go down the YouTube route, and am just 'feeling the water' at the moment as I have never owned or used a Video Camera!

So for the interest of those interested, here are my experiences. It could just be that some may follow my faltering footsteps.

The first step was to buy a Video Camera - I did this, and last week, I bought off Ebay, a 'Mint' Sony Camcorder for £18 (27 USD).

It duly arrived, and is in lovely condition, with loads of extras. It works fine with great sound quality and fairly good picture, even when 'blown up' on my plasma TV.
However its a bit tricky to load and edit in the PC from this Tape medium, so with this experience, I looked again on Ebay, and bought (You'll never believe this !) another Camcorder .... A JVC that records on to SD Cards (we have stacks of those if we have a Technics KN7000 !), and only 7 years ago were selling new for £1199 (1800 Dollars). - I got it on Ebay, complete with light attachment, Batteries, Charger, Case, etc - for - Wait for it ! ..... £25 (37 USD)

I would have loved to 'splash the cash', and buy an all-singing, all dancing modern one with Hard Drive, etc - but sadly as a poor state pensioner, (Poor Soul!) my pennies don't go far !!

Point of this post? To show that it is possible, with a very small budget to do Videos of your performances (musical!), and set up a free page on YouTube.

Anyone interested?

Regards,

John

Edited by Tony Deaf (02/27/11 02:25 AM)

#319493 - 03/16/11 08:52 PM Re: Video on YouTube. [Re: Tony Deaf]
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Hi Tony,
It is really amazing how fast technology becomes obsolete and cheap. In 2006 I bought my Yamaha Electone D85 as a bargain when it was unreachable for me when I was a young boy around 1981. The cabinet is made of wood and some parts of the console too. I think a wooden furniture this size might cost a fortune in comparison.
I was one of the first ones recording videos on YouTube with this organ and many old-Electone fans enjoyed them a lot. YouTube allowed me to share my enthusiasm for organs and arrangers too, actually those who watch my videos are the only audience I have because I am just a hobbyst musician. You can check my channel if you have some time: http://www.youtube.com/user/vagro2006?feature=mhum

PS No offense Tony but if you are planning to record some videos just do an appointment to your nearest plastic surgeon smile

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online