Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#319479 - 03/16/11 05:23 PM Styles for the KN7000
Tony Deaf Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England
I just found this Site, where they are advertising 5,000
Styles for the KN7000 for 38 Pounds (Thats about 60 US Dollars),
I have collected quite a lot fom a British Company, who advertise on Ebay and sell theirs for 17.99 (about 27 USD) for just 10 Styles.

Has anyone got any experience of these styles, as they sound too cheap to be true !!

Input and opinions appreciated !!!

John

( Nigel: Sorry John I had to remove this link to those pirated styles in case anyone was convinced to buy them. Plus I wouldn't hand over credit card info to people like that, anything could happen ).

#319497 - 03/16/11 11:11 PM Re: Styles for the KN7000 [Re: Tony Deaf]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Tony Deaf
Input and opinions appreciated !!!

John

The reason they would be able to that it simply because they don't have the right to those styles and are simply selling pirated styles. DO NOT support this by buying them. This is wrong. There is no other reason they would be able to do this. It is undermining the companies that developed those styles.

#319504 - 03/17/11 03:11 AM Re: Styles for the KN7000 [Re: Nigel]
peter b Offline

Loc: nottinghamshire, UK
well done! Nigel

Peter B.

#319510 - 03/17/11 05:22 AM Re: Styles for the KN7000 [Re: peter b]
Tony Deaf Offline

Sorry Guys!!

I wasn't aware that they are in fact 'Pirated' styles - But you now have me thinking (and its painful!).

Surely styles can only be 'Pirated' - if it can be proven that any particular style or styles they sell are in fact 'Properly Copyrighted'. I have been in many discussions on other Forums as to so called 'Intellectual Copyright' also the laws and costs of Copyrighting music - particularly Songs, Styles, Mp3's and Midi Files that have been 'openly' available on the many Forums that Members post on.

A 'Blanket' Copyright claim displayed on a forum for its contents is not valid, unless registered and paid for (45 pounds 70 Dollars in UK for each song or specified collection of songs, such as on a DVD). That is why a lot of Forums are 'Locked' to deter theft - but in reality it is impossible to recognise when registering, whether a new member is 'legit', and won't be there to perloin files and pass them to others.

In the final analysis - I don't believe any private individual has ever sued for 'Intellectual Copyright' on such files, therefore the word 'Copyright' when related to posted styles is invalid, and ergo - the claim that they are 'Pirated'.

May I respectfully suggest that for someone new to Technics, and with only a few styles in their collection (you can never have too many !) - The Vendor of these styles has done the job of collecting styles from all the nooks and crannies on Tinternet, and would guess that a good proportion are no longer around!

Can it be proven there are any commecially produced Styles in there - as the major supplier of these styles worldwide (No names, but he eats Strawberries in Rotherham, Yorkshire!), has and is successfully taking theft of his properly copyrighted products to Court.

If I am wrong or misguided in my beliefs, then, as ever - in the light of sensible discussion, I remain to be convinced.

Kindest regards and respects,

John

PS... I wasn't intending to buy any - but thought it was of interest and for discussion!

Edited by Tony Deaf (03/17/11 05:52 AM)

#319526 - 03/17/11 09:24 AM Re: Styles for the KN7000 [Re: Tony Deaf]
peter b Offline

The whole stock of styles that are now sold under the Strawberry label were produced by technics and distributed by the Technote company. Style Disk Warehouse bought this whole stock and the right to distribute them.I still have an original catologue from Technote from when I owned my Kn7000 in 2002 and was a technote club member.

Peter B.

#319528 - 03/17/11 09:52 AM Re: Styles for the KN7000 [Re: Tony Deaf]
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
Hi folks,as far as commercial styles,there are specific markers added to the files which are hidden in the hex code. Theses codes are still transfered even when the files are compressed as with KN7000 even when stored on SD. Some of the German software companies place names in the TM. file (voice tone memory) This may be the style writers name in the form of a voice name.others may be hidden in the password function which stops you coping or saving the style even when things have been modified,but without the password you have had it!!!.
Regards John.

#319539 - 03/17/11 02:44 PM Re: Styles for the KN7000 [Re: Tony Deaf]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Tony Deaf
Can it be proven there are any commecially produced Styles in there

I very very much doubt that that this many user created styles exist for the KN7000 in total and the chance of them all being non copyright styles is so miniscule that I would guarantee that most if not all are indeed from commercial style developers. What ends up happening in these sort of cases is that I end up getting contacted by very irrate developers who have found their styles in these collections and ask me to remove the offending link. Unfortunately by the time they become aware of it the damage is already done. If it walks like a duck ....

Even if they were modified Technics styles they are still copyright. Even though Technics users share these types of modified styles amongst themselves selling them is an absolute no no.

#319540 - 03/17/11 03:05 PM Re: Styles for the KN7000 [Re: peter b]
Tony Deaf Offline

Originally Posted By: peter b
The whole stock of styles that are now sold under the Strawberry label were produced by technics and distributed by the Technote company. Style Disk Warehouse bought this whole stock and the right to distribute them.I still have an original catologue from Technote from when I owned my Kn7000 in 2002 and was a technote club member.
Peter B.

Hi Peter - I didn't want to name the company concerned publicly, which is why I made the obvious reference to Strawberries and Rotherham, and not Neil Blake by name.

I was aware of the history, and origin of his disks, as they are all clearly labelled as such.

I wonder, just wonder how it is that a couple of about 20 I have of his discs, all purchased legitimately from him, are clearly 'home made' copies, having the 'Stick on' labels on the 'Tutorial' DVD's rather than the directly printed original commercial disks.

As he seems to be so punctillious in his prosecution of copyright offenders, one can only assume that he somehow has had the copyright of these disks transferred to him, as well as the old stock.

Regards,

John

#319543 - 03/17/11 03:45 PM Re: Styles for the KN7000 [Re: Tony Deaf]
peter b Offline

Hi John.
I think that is right. He will have bought the copywright from Technote.
He is carrying on the business from Technote
regards
peter

Edited by peter b (03/17/11 03:48 PM)

#319550 - 03/17/11 06:20 PM Re: Styles for the KN7000 [Re: Tony Deaf]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I don't understand this. When Technics finally closed, they put all their original styles on the net for anyone to download for FREE?

This happened after Technote sold theirs on to Neil and to be honest, I have several of the old Technote floppies which are original Technics styles (not 'tweaked in anyway as they play exactly the same as those I downloaded from the net) so! as Technics themselves put them out for free and are no longer trading, then surely no one is entitled to sell them on under 'Copyright' - or am I missing something here?

Audrey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online