SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#318878 - 03/10/11 09:43 AM Re: if you could have 3 wishes for yamaha psr s920 [Re: rolandfan]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
How much more does the PSR cost with MP3 playback that the old PSR without MP3 playback?

How much more does the PSR with SA voices cost than the old PSR without them?

C'mon, Donny... You've actually GOT one! computer

#318888 - 03/10/11 10:16 AM Re: if you could have 3 wishes for yamaha psr s920 [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

I would say that the S series units will be around $1999.00...... not much more then the S910....but never the less there will be an increase in price as always.
Most of these wishes are not MY wishes.....the new Korg & Ketron pretty much have more feature wise of what I would use except the sound Yamaha has....sooooo unless your going to use all three of them on stage your pretty much left with what you have & some workarounds. The future will bring the answerers one way or another.......let's just wait and see. I just feel bad for the people that make the leap in haste and get screwed a year later when someting better for them is released.

#319149 - 03/13/11 08:56 AM Re: if you could have 3 wishes for yamaha psr s920 [Re: rolandfan]
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I was reading the forums on yamaha pk
Owner and I am suprised to see a few people
Saying that they returned their tyros 3
Because it didn't sound as sweet as the
Psr s900/910 keyboards in sound and style.
Do u think the next s series will retain
This sweetness

#319163 - 03/13/11 11:40 AM Re: if you could have 3 wishes for yamaha psr s920 [Re: DonM]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By: DonM
Larry, you use it in live play. You hit Record, then you play, for example, two verses and a chorus, hit Stop. Then any time you need that sequence it is there. You can immediately hit Start and then use both hands to play along with it. It loops until you stop it.
It was a great feature on G800, G1000.
DonM

Thanks Don, never knew much about a chord sequencer, and I can now see how it would be a nice feature, but for me, not a deal breaker. Sounds kind of like a glorified Pad.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#319167 - 03/13/11 12:57 PM Re: if you could have 3 wishes for yamaha psr s920 [Re: rolandfan]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's a pad, but you don't have to set it up in advance. Arranger playing is ALL about spontaneity, otherwise you get better results with an SMF (and Mark/Jump). So, if you are the kind of player that DOES like to change up your chords each night, something like this makes each night as different as you want it to be, AND frees up your LH for things it could do better than slavishly repeating chord input.

Primarily, it is a feature for someone with a strong LH, that could be doing something else productively, or full pianists that realize Pianostyle Mode STILL does not quite follow REAL piano playing all THAT well (you have to make some adjustment to not trigger chords doing passing notes, etc.), or players of other, secondary instruments, or when you need to utilize the bender FULLY (rather than when your LH can spare it, which is generally NOT when you want to bend)...

It's definitely one of those things that, if you've never used one, you might not think too much of it, but once you HAVE, it's like losing an arm. With a chord sequencer, you can definitely think of yourself as a three handed arranger player!

#319198 - 03/13/11 09:09 PM Re: if you could have 3 wishes for yamaha psr s920 [Re: rolandfan]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Originally Posted By: rolandfan
Besides sounds and styles What would they be?

Roland-style simplified chord recognition, a.k.a."Chord Intelligence"
...and then I woke up! smirk

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online