SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#326619 - 06/16/11 12:43 PM Re: The ( Unofficial ) Casio WK 7500 Discussion Thread [Re: FransN]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Thanks again Fran, but perhaps it's me, or my computer, but the link you provided (Casio) does indeed lead to the Casio Music download site, but for me, the download links within are dead. (Not found, Unavailable, etc.)

Can someone else try downloading a file from the above Casio Music Site?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#326621 - 06/16/11 02:04 PM Re: The ( Unofficial ) Casio WK 7500 Discussion Thread [Re: lahawk]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Yes Larry you are right. Strange. Here is a other link
http://music.casio.com/e/
If you want I can send you all the styles also from the specials site

Edited by FransN (06/16/11 02:05 PM)

#326622 - 06/16/11 02:49 PM Re: The ( Unofficial ) Casio WK 7500 Discussion Thread [Re: casiobot]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Frans, how are the Casio styles?

Any genre better than another?

Are they still Two Variations?

Do you have your PA3X now?

Ian

#326623 - 06/16/11 02:57 PM Re: The ( Unofficial ) Casio WK 7500 Discussion Thread [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

Ian the styles from Casio are OK but not the quality of Yamaha or Korg styles. I find the modern pop and dance styles from Casio the best. Yes Casio still use only 2 variations.

Yes I have the PA3X for a week now and it's great. Sound quality is amazing and totally different then the PA500 Musikant I had before. The PA3X has 450 styles onboard plus I have all the styles from the Musikant so no short on styles here smile

#326625 - 06/16/11 03:11 PM Re: The ( Unofficial ) Casio WK 7500 Discussion Thread [Re: casiobot]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Great news, Frans!

Did you notice a big difference when using MaxxAudio, as opposed to without?

Would it be something you would leave on all the time?

Ian

#326626 - 06/16/11 03:29 PM Re: The ( Unofficial ) Casio WK 7500 Discussion Thread [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

The sound have much more power using the MaxxAudio. So yes I have it on all the time but also test different settings all the time.

#326635 - 06/16/11 06:59 PM Re: The ( Unofficial ) Casio WK 7500 Discussion Thread [Re: FransN]
lahawk Offline

Originally Posted By: FransN
Yes Larry you are right. Strange. Here is a other link
http://music.casio.com/e/
If you want I can send you all the styles also from the specials site

Thanks Frans, that link is more stable. I'm not 100% sure about buying the 7500. If and when I do, I'll take your offer...appreciate it.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#326667 - 06/17/11 07:30 AM Re: The ( Unofficial ) Casio WK 7500 Discussion Thread [Re: Riceroni9]
tgeorges Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted By: Riceroni9
Thanks so much Tom:

I enjoyed your comparison and tasteful review. I'd love to get my hands on the CTK 7000 for a day or two. "Kicking tires" on keyboards is a "rite of passage" and absolutely essential to those of us with restrictive budgets. (My wife, the gatekeeper, continues to reinforce this idea!)

Thanks for your input.

Dave Rice

Thank you for the kind words, Dave. Often reviews are written by someone with an ax to grind, or with unrealistic expectations, or other things that render the review either useless or infuriating. I've read some 7500 threads on harmony central and they tend to get a bit nasty. I do try to just state what my experience has been with the instrument rather than do too much commentary.

One other thing that has proved very, very useful on this board - the 1/4" instrument input. When you don't want to power up your entire PA system, this is a great feature. I've run both my Rhodes and Korg DW-8000 through the WK-7500's speakers this way, and it's very handy.

One thing I'm trying to do, though, with this input - use it as an effects loop. For example, I want to run the output of the WK-7500 into a Phase 90, then run the output of the Phase 90 into the instrument input, and only hear the instrument input. So far I haven't been able to do this - you always end up hearing both the original sound and the external sound. I'm hoping it can be done, because that would be a really cool thing to be able to do.

#326677 - 06/17/11 08:45 AM Re: The ( Unofficial ) Casio WK 7500 Discussion Thread [Re: casiobot]
lahawk Offline

Tom,

Have you tried any files from either; previous Casio's, or other external types, such as styles, registrations, and voices?

Thanks for your detailed report, it's very informative.

Curious: Have you tried tweaking styles and voices, and if yes, are you satisfied with the ease, and results?

Larry

#326680 - 06/17/11 10:07 AM Re: The ( Unofficial ) Casio WK 7500 Discussion Thread [Re: lahawk]
tgeorges Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted By: lahawk
Tom,

Have you tried any files from either; previous Casio's, or other external types, such as styles, registrations, and voices?

Thanks for your detailed report, it's very informative.

Curious: Have you tried tweaking styles and voices, and if yes, are you satisfied with the ease, and results?

Larry

I've not yet done any kind of file import but I plan on it, eventually.

I have tweaked voices, but not styles. Tweaking voices is a great feature of this keyboard. Once you change a voice, you can save it to the user bank of sounds.

In general I don't really like any of the Electric Piano sounds, and there's no good way to get a good phased rhodes sound. The build-in phase DSP is really not that good. This is why I want to try to route internal sounds through my phase 90 then back into the Casio. But I have created some nice variations of EP sounds - autopan w/chorus is one I like.

Voice edit comments:

- You can assign the rotary fast/slow switch to the auto-pan speed, giving you two speeds on one patch. That is really nice.

- You can alter the attack and sustain on the amplitude envelope, which allows you to create some nice variations on the built-in analog synth sounds.

- When modifying sounds, you probably would do well to keep a notepad handy so you know which user voice slots are available and which are not. By default, they are all populated, so even on your very first user sound, you are asked "Overwrite existing?" That's because they all exist out of the box.

- The available librarian software (free on the casio site) is a great tool to save your stuff after making a bunch of changes.

I have not yet tried modifying rhythms. Just haven't had enough free time to fiddle with the sequencer on this keyboard yet.

Tom

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online