SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#318796 - 03/09/11 02:59 PM Re: if you could have 3 wishes for yamaha psr s920 [Re: rolandfan]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It is so weird. Long before the PA3X is out, long before we find out that the CS is a popular feature for its users, NOW we get all these people thinking that Yamaha, maybe Ketron, they are all going to jump on the CS bandwagon.

Where were all these people when the Roland's actually had the feature? Why wasn't the bandwagon jumped on THEN? What has suddenly made the CS a 'must have' feature when for years, even the majority of Roland players, let alone any other manufacturer's players completely ignored it?

I have been preaching the CS Gospel for five years or more, mostly baying at the moon by myself, and now, out of the blue, it's on everyone's list?

computer

#318797 - 03/09/11 03:03 PM Re: if you could have 3 wishes for yamaha psr s920 [Re: rolandfan]
Diki Offline

Oh, couple more wishes for the S920.

Do away with the User Memory. Make USB memory and Internal functionally identical. Roland managed it, and they seem to be the flava of the month for features..!

Oh, and while we are copying Roland, how about a totally recessed USB stick slot? No more delicate slots to damage because someone bumped against your stick while sticking out just BEGGING for it. Check out the GW-8. Perfect protection...

#318801 - 03/09/11 03:24 PM Re: if you could have 3 wishes for yamaha psr s920 [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Diki
I have been preaching the CS Gospel for five years or more, mostly baying at the moon by myself, and now, out of the blue, it's on everyone's list?

Well, I'm grateful that you kept up the "baying"...and, if the chord sequencer arrives on a PSR-series, then all Yamaha players should send you their thanks.

It just seems "logical" (for lack of a better word) that if Korg is going to implement such an inexpensive feature on their TOTL arranger, it could happen that it will end up on a PSR...again, competition being the motivator.

I've been recommending it to Yamaha ever since your first "bay" here on SZ.

Maybe it will be a howling success...

#318803 - 03/09/11 03:32 PM Re: if you could have 3 wishes for yamaha psr s920 [Re: rolandfan]
Beakybird Offline

1. Some buttons that were on the PSR-740 (a MOTL arranger from 11-12 years ago) like TALK ON/OFF, VOCAL HARMONY ON/OFF, VOCAL EFFECT ON/OFF.

2. The real drums.

3. A few of the T4 choir voices.

4. The new harmonizer

5. More dsps

I think we can assume that it will have most if not all of the T3 voices. I wouldn't be surprised if it had simm slots for Premium voices.

This is fun.

#318804 - 03/09/11 03:34 PM Re: if you could have 3 wishes for yamaha psr s920 [Re: rolandfan]
Diki Offline

I would encourage you to direct any industry insiders to the Roland-arranger.com site's 'Suggest new features' forum if they are thinking seriously about the CS, Ian...

I don't have time or room to list them here, but I wrote a couple of articles about ways that the CS could be made even BETTER than Roland's original implementation, and if they are starting from scratch, might as well try to incorporate a few...

God, what I'd give for a 76 PSR with a Chord Sequencer! wink

#318808 - 03/09/11 03:46 PM Re: if you could have 3 wishes for yamaha psr s920 [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

I would encourage you to direct any industry insiders to the Roland-arranger.com site's 'Suggest new features' forum if they are thinking seriously about the CS, Ian...

I'm sure you must realize that Roland arranger forum has been looked at by Yamaha and Korg people.

I honestly can't see a 76-note PSR...I think a chord sequencer would be a possibility.

I've suggested both to Yamaha nearly as many times as you've bayed about them here on SZ.

Ian

#318810 - 03/09/11 03:59 PM Re: if you could have 3 wishes for yamaha psr s920 [Re: rolandfan]
Diki Offline

Well, if they are JUST thinking about a CS after Korg put one in, they might have forgotten about those articles. I wrote them quite some time ago...

Doesn't hurt to tell them, if you have any swing!

#318813 - 03/09/11 04:12 PM Re: if you could have 3 wishes for yamaha psr s920 [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Well, if they are JUST thinking about a CS after Korg put one in, they might have forgotten about those articles. I wrote them quite some time ago...

Doesn't hurt to tell them, if you have any swing!

I have very little influence over what gets done at Yamaha, but, consider that if the chord sequencer is in the next S-series...it's already a done deal.

Nevertheless, I will pass on the info.

Ian

#318817 - 03/09/11 04:21 PM Re: if you could have 3 wishes for yamaha psr s920 [Re: rolandfan]
Diki Offline

It's not due until October, right? They going to sit on their asses until then?

I would have thought all KINDS of things can get added at late stages, especially as OS's are not in ROM any more, but can be updated at will.

Hey, maybe Yamaha could break with tradition, and add the CS as an update to the T4? It's only software (run it from the screen)...

But naaaah! That would be too much like Korg or Roland, wouldn't it..? And we wouldn't want to copy those flops, would we?

Oh, hold on! That's what they WOULD be doing, if they got a CS!

Yikes!

#318819 - 03/09/11 04:54 PM Re: if you could have 3 wishes for yamaha psr s920 [Re: rolandfan]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I'm curious about the chord sequencer that many desire.

How you would use it, other than to fine tune chords in a recording?

That said even if that's all the chord sequencer would do, that would be enough for me, so I'd want that too. bow

...and back to the retro black color to distinguish the new S9 from the others.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online