SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#318196 - 03/03/11 11:56 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I already have a K2500, so maybe that is skewing things, but at the moment, the MoXF (with the Karma software) or the Kronos both have my juices flowing (unfortunately, my bank account isn't as liquid as my salivary glands!), the Kurzweil, not so much...

Add a BK-7m to any of our choices, and you have pretty much the 'do anything' keyboard, though.

I must confess, already having a good Roland product, that the FantomG's kind of underwhelmed me. Pretty good for hiphop, but less impressive on real sounds. Worst organs I ever heard, too! But if you have an arranger by another brand, then maybe good for getting that Roland 'flava'...

I think the ideal is to have one of EACH... I have a Korg, a Kurzweil, a Roland, an Ensoniq, still waiting on getting a Yamaha (but as soon as I can afford one...). That way, you use each one's strengths, and never its' weaknesses. To be honest, three different brand BOTL or MOTL keyboards usually comes out FAR better than just one TOTL WS. wink

#318240 - 03/03/11 10:26 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: Diki]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
To be honest, three different brand BOTL or MOTL keyboards usually comes out FAR better than just one TOTL WS. wink

While I totally agree with that there is no way I want to have to haul around 3 keyboards to do it live. I will settle for less by picking the best of the bunch but only having to use one keyboard. In a studio situation I would definately go with your suggestion.

#318242 - 03/03/11 10:33 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Completely agree... wink

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online