SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#318201 - 03/03/11 12:16 PM Re: Tyros 4 Demo: Vocal Sample Playback via MultiPad [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Tony, drinking the wine is what gets us buying those modern arrangers in the first place! How was your foray into the 21st century..? That Audya may have been cutting edge, but you've got to be careful handling sharp objects! There's no mistake when it's often called the 'bleeding edge'!

Got that MS yet? rotf2

#318205 - 03/03/11 12:33 PM Re: Tyros 4 Demo: Vocal Sample Playback via MultiPad [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
IMPORTANT FOLLOWUP:

I just received a telephone call from Manuel Dorantes to answer my above questions. smile
Unbeknownst to me previously, as I've been unable to find this topic covered in the Tyros 4 Manual,
I've now learned (from Manuel cool ) that no prior PC conversion (from Wav to UVN) is necessary,
and that you can directly IMPORT a 'WAV' file into the Tyros 4 expansion 'flash' memory,
with the Wav to UVN conversion performed automatically within Tyros 4 itself while importing.

Here's how:

On The Tyros 4 Keyboard: Voice Creator Button > Expansion Module (E button) > Import Wav (H button)

When the Wav file is imported, it's automatically converted to UVN by the Tyros 4 keyboard itself, and then stored in expansion module flash memory.
Many thanks Manuel for that informative call. smile
I'm really looking forward to exploring this cool feature now. cool

#318206 - 03/03/11 12:36 PM Re: Tyros 4 Demo: Vocal Sample Playback via MultiPad [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
IMPORTANT FOLLOWUP:

When the Wav file is imported, it's automatically converted to UVN by the Tyros 4 keyboard itself, and then stored in expansion module flash memory.
Many thanks Manuel for that informative call. smile
I'm really looking forward to exploring this cool feature now. cool

Fantastic news, Scott...I'll pass it around.

Ian

#318211 - 03/03/11 12:55 PM Re: Tyros 4 Demo: Vocal Sample Playback via MultiPad [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Tony, drinking the wine is what gets us buying those modern arrangers in the first place! How was your foray into the 21st century..? That Audya may have been cutting edge, but you've got to be careful handling sharp objects! There's no mistake when it's often called the 'bleeding edge'!

Got that MS yet? rotf2

Diki,

I not had a drink for the passed 7 years, hells how did I get talked into buying the Audya.

Cheers
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#318221 - 03/03/11 01:46 PM Re: Tyros 4 Demo: Vocal Sample Playback via MultiPad [Re: Tony Hughes]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
how did I get talked into buying the Audya..?

By listening to those of us here more concerned about specs than actual practical usage... stop

Of which, the 'open' arranger faction is the most vocal group..!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online