SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#318491 - 03/06/11 02:02 PM Re: iPad2 Unveiled Today! [Re: Scottyee]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
James,

Not a problem, you had no way of knowing I was in IT since I've never really said I was.

You do make some very valid points re: flash and java.

I'm with you i do look forward to what the future holds for tablets especially with the big guys playing. Time will tell, no matter what these are exciting times for everyone whether it's in music or technology.

#318500 - 03/06/11 03:01 PM Re: iPad2 Unveiled Today! [Re: Scottyee]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Good discussion. I'm going to replace my little Acer Web book, even though it is still great and is serving its purpose well.
I find I'm needing a little larger screen and a little larger keys. Old age stuff probably.
I was considering IPad, but I feel I would miss too many of the full-fledged computer functions.
My wife has generously offered to let me use her laptop for a while, at least until I see what is on the horizon. She seldom uses it because her I Phone is permanently attached to her ear now. She loves it so much that I might get one too. But I'm waiting until summer for the new version.
I have more patience with these things than I do with arrangers, Diki. I feel about arrangers as I used to about women. Wish I could've kept 'em all. T.G. Shepard had a song about that btw.
DonM

#318578 - 03/07/11 12:05 PM Re: iPad2 Unveiled Today! [Re: Scottyee]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
The only thing that would compel me to upgrade would have been either a larger screen (did not happen) or a mini-USB port (did not happen).

Apart from that, there is no reason why I need/want to upgrade at all.

My 16gig Ipad does everything I need, perfectly smile

Dennis

#318580 - 03/07/11 12:10 PM Re: iPad2 Unveiled Today! [Re: miden]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: miden
The only thing that would compel me to upgrade would have been either a larger screen (did not happen) or a mini-USB port (did not happen).

Apart from that, there is no reason why I need/want to upgrade at all.
+1 rocker

#318583 - 03/07/11 12:24 PM Re: iPad2 Unveiled Today! [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Man, am I behind the times or what? I don't even have a cell phone...actually, I really don't want one either.

I remember seeing Dick Tracy comics and the "wrist radio" and the "wrist TV".

Now we got 'em!

Ian

#318629 - 03/07/11 08:54 PM Re: iPad2 Unveiled Today! [Re: Scottyee]
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
I have to say I honestly use mine everyday. It has helped me be more productive while away from the office and also helped me be amused by silly nonsense all at the same time....some of the little silly apps are a guilty pleasure....who doesn't like launching birds at cartoon pigs?.......lol

Edited by mikey_maestro (03/07/11 08:55 PM)
Edit Reason: Typo

#318706 - 03/09/11 12:32 AM Re: iPad2 Unveiled Today! [Re: Scottyee]
to the genesys Offline

Some times having a closed OS is good because it could make the product look and feel very easy to use for the masses.
But is it wirth it getting the 3G version of the I pad 2 especially if yu do not have ATT or verizon. That would be one of my major concerns in deciding to get an Ipad 2. Would wi fi be able to take care of all your needs?

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online