SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#318106 - 03/02/11 04:22 PM Re: iPad2 Unveiled Today! [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

I dont have Apple anything in my life ......maybe thats a very good thing.. :);)

#318149 - 03/02/11 08:03 PM Re: iPad2 Unveiled Today! [Re: Stephenm52]
Tony Hughes Offline

Did they make IPAD2 any bigger, NO Doh!

Better wait for the Asus Eee April this year, perhaps buy cutting edge stuff, and play cutting edge stuff, buy a new Wersi Wing and a Asus Eee, beat that JR. Look good and sound good.

Edited by Tony Hughes (03/02/11 08:16 PM)
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#318151 - 03/02/11 08:38 PM Re: iPad2 Unveiled Today! [Re: Tony Hughes]
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Better wait for the Asus Eee April this year, perhaps buy cutting edge stuff, and play cutting edge stuff, buy a new Wersi Wing and a Asus Eee, beat that JR. Look good and sound good.

Tony, it's actually thinner, but i'm disappointed they made it very slightly shorthervand narrower, iwish it was 3" larger. 8.5x11 would be perfect.

#318223 - 03/03/11 01:50 PM Re: iPad2 Unveiled Today! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I was hoping for a Smart Card slot...

Oh well.

#318227 - 03/03/11 02:24 PM Re: iPad2 Unveiled Today! [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
I was hoping for a Smart Card slot...

Oh well.

not all at once........3rd generation next year wink

#318233 - 03/03/11 06:47 PM Re: iPad2 Unveiled Today! [Re: Scottyee]
Beakybird Offline

I've had a $550 Apple Gift card sitting in my drawer since the end of November, waiting for the Ipad 2.

It doesn't look like that big of an upgrade to me. I probably wouldn't have waited this long if I had known.

I guess I'll be asking people for guidance about what I can do with the damn thing. I know I can use it for sheet music, but I don't know if I need a special app.

I'll probably use it for word processing a little bit - I'll probably get a keyboard to go with it.

I know I can watch videos with it.

It's a little big to replace my GPS. If I use my wireless internet dongle through CLEAR, maybe I can use it to stream Pandora in the car. However, I don't want too much crap going on that I'm going to get in an accident.

We'll see.

#318238 - 03/03/11 09:14 PM Re: iPad2 Unveiled Today! [Re: mikey_maestro]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: mikey_maestro
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Tony, it's actually thinner, but i'm disappointed they made it very slightly shorthervand narrower, iwish it was 3" larger. 8.5x11 would be perfect.

If you are right Micky and the screen is smaller then Apple never considered people using it to read music for in any numbers,
they think the market in general is somewhere else. If you want to read music at speed with a screen nearly A4 then IPAD isn't the tool and there is so much more coming out this year (ASUS TABLET) that will do the job far better than IPAD or MPP. I think APPLE bought a job lot of screens and they are stuck with them, only joking.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#318248 - 03/04/11 02:27 AM Re: iPad2 Unveiled Today! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I'm with al on the increased size, just a little bigger would have been nice!

Card slot too!! But as Donny mentioned, maybe in iPad3. laugh I do agree this is not a great as upgrade as I would have expected.

Beaky, in addition to lead sheets, do you read books at all? It makes a great book reader. I subscribe to 3 electronic magazines on it as well. No more accumulating piles of magazines I hope to get back too. NY Times and other newspapers are available as well. They are all stored on the iPad. I can store my e-photo collection on it as well.

I also use it as a remote for Fios TV, the list goes on. Oh yea it is great for watching You Tube clips as well. I think of all computer like devices my wife and I have purchased thru the years, this has to be the most all around useful device. Not a day goes by where we're not using them. Not sure how much you enjoy technology but if you do, you'll love the iPad. I don't know of anyone who purchased one and did not.

#318254 - 03/04/11 03:45 AM Re: iPad2 Unveiled Today! [Re: Dnj]
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Originally Posted By: Dnj
I dont have Apple anything in my life ......maybe thats a very good thing.. :);)

You do not know what you're missing. I also was reluctant to buy the first Mac. Only then I met another level of ease and security. I keep my Asus I7 only for use in my school of music, without using the internet because Pcs are infinitely more vulnerable than Macs (IMO) smile

#318278 - 03/04/11 08:41 AM Re: iPad2 Unveiled Today! [Re: Scottyee]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Here's what Kim Komando says about the Ipad 2. If you don't want to read it, she says don't buy it.
http://www.komando.com/ipad2/index-page2..._campaign=end-j

DonM

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online