SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#318127 - 03/02/11 06:05 PM Re: Tyros 4 Demo: Vocal Sample Playback via MultiPad [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Yea 6 years ago in technolgy years is a LIFETIME!

#318129 - 03/02/11 06:08 PM Re: Tyros 4 Demo: Vocal Sample Playback via MultiPad [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yep... you'd think someone would have brought out something better by now!

Still waiting... juggle

#318132 - 03/02/11 06:13 PM Re: Tyros 4 Demo: Vocal Sample Playback via MultiPad [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Yep... you'd think someone would have brought out something better by now!

Still waiting... juggle

Just keep waiting one of these years .....I am wink

#318147 - 03/02/11 07:24 PM Re: Tyros 4 Demo: Vocal Sample Playback via MultiPad [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
My God...what is a senior tea dance?

#318148 - 03/02/11 07:29 PM Re: Tyros 4 Demo: Vocal Sample Playback via MultiPad [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Same guy...cool song..
No problem keeping in time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfFP96dc0rQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I think it's pretty cool.

So, I have a question, how would you get just the vocals like this from a song recording?
Leaving out the other music in the background.

#318150 - 03/02/11 08:23 PM Re: Tyros 4 Demo: Vocal Sample Playback via MultiPad [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Diki,

That Roland of yours, is it petrol or diesel. Why don't we sell the KBs and just buy 45s and a turntable, sit back listen and drink the wine!

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#318153 - 03/02/11 10:00 PM Re: Tyros 4 Demo: Vocal Sample Playback via MultiPad [Re: Scottyee]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi everyone....

I do use this same technical feature, I need to clear something... the Tyros 4 plays MP3s, BUT, is not how this feature works, it actually does with the real wave.

I will describe the steps I use for MY own particular needs, that may not be the case for somebody else, said that, here it is: I usually have an idea of what I want to do, and what style, voices, etc.....sometimes I make a registration for that....even before I make the samples.

First to choose the right vocal sample, I prefer a vocal (that is more at front) that has the least amount of instrumentation/orchestration possible.
Then, assuming I have that song by "X" singer, I load it into my Audio Software Audiology, Sound Forge, etc.....then proceed to select the part I want, I use only a few seconds, 8-16 bars, is like everything, if you over do it, is not good, like to much salt to a dish.
To resolve some timing issues, in most Audio software allows you to change the tempo without changing the pitch. I use this because sometimes the "singer" sings X song a little to slow, so, I can change that, in dances sometimes some ballads can be a little to slow...assuming that I cut and save my sample that I will use.....then I export that sample to my USB drive then in the T4, I first load the sound to the Expansion voice bank, when is already there, then I make the user Pad, it takes a little patience to do it, I do love the results, and so is my audience.
If anybody is interested in more detail how to do it, please, email me, it may take me a little time to reply since I am juggling gigs and currently I am busy dissecting some of the Musikant styles that I want to use(lots), and is time consuming, but, I will be happy and so my audience too.
Cheers from Phoenix AZ.

#318154 - 03/02/11 10:01 PM Re: Tyros 4 Demo: Vocal Sample Playback via MultiPad [Re: Scottyee]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I forgot.....Scoot, here it is....above.

#318166 - 03/03/11 01:32 AM Re: Tyros 4 Demo: Vocal Sample Playback via MultiPad [Re: Diki]
Wis Offline

It sounds good but what is the loading time after "Power On "?

#318180 - 03/03/11 08:32 AM Software for Converting Wav Files to Uvn format [Re: mdorantes]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Wis
It sounds good but what is the loading time after "Power On "?
After initially loaded, samples remain in flash memory and do not go away when the keyboard is turned off.
Memory expansion module boot up time after "power on" is typically only few secs - minute max.

****************************************************************************************************************************

Originally Posted By: mdorantes
I need to clear something... the Tyros 4 plays MP3s, BUT, is not how this feature works, it actually does with the real wave.
Manuel, you're right. My bad.
Mp3 files can only be played back in the 'audio recorder/player' and not from the MultiPad (1-4) buttons.
On the other hand, the MultiPad (1-4) buttons will trigger and play wav type "UVN Files" stored in the Tyros 4's optional add on expansion 'flash' memory.

Originally Posted By: mdorantes
I export that sample to my USB drive. then in the T4, I first load the sound to the Expansion voice bank, when is already there, then I make the user Pad

To my knowledge,
Tyros 4's expansion 'flash' memory only supports UVN format audio files,
so I assume (on your PC), you first had to convert your trimmed WAV file to UVN format,
and then copy that UVN file onto your USB stick for loading into T4's expansion flash memory, right?

If this is the case, what PC software did you use and/or recommend to convert the trimmed Wav file to UVN format?

'Yamaha Tyros4 Voice Editor'?
'Extreme Sample Converter'?

Recommendations and input from others greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks. Scott smile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online