SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#317944 - 03/01/11 09:53 AM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: FransN]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: FransN
The idiocy is the constant anti Korg PA3x talk.
Now lets start some anti Tyros 4 talk. The Tyros 4 with speakers looks like a plastic spaceship with ears that sound like a bad CD.

Fran, regarding the Tyros 4 speakers I totally agree.
They look tacky, cheap, and sound crap, and over priced, and for that reason I opted out of buying them.
Ok, how's that for honest straight forward anti Tyros 4 talk? wave

As far as the Korg Pa3x, I'm merely expressing my opinions based on facts at hand.
If the Pa3X truly delivers more than what has been observed at Namm, I'll probably be 'in line' to buy one because I still believe a Tyros 4 + Pa3X a possible keyboard match made in heaven. Let's see.

#317946 - 03/01/11 10:03 AM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Really Ian I don't want to start a Yamaha vs Korg war again but some people are asking for it. I am tired of hearing all these negative things. People should wait till april for the official release and demo's. Like I said before the PA3X isn't ready yet. The Italian and German team are still working on the sounds, styles etc.

You are right about the poor presentation at Namm but that's the fault of Korg USA and I think that some people will or already have lost their job.

I already have the money for the PA3X smile

#317947 - 03/01/11 10:08 AM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: Scottyee]
FransN Offline

Glad you agree with me scott smile
Now lets wait till April for the official release and demo's of the PA3X wink

#317949 - 03/01/11 10:38 AM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: FransN]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Glad you agree with me scott smile
Now lets wait till April for the official release and demo's of the PA3X wink
Fortunately (I would hope), it's our innately human nature of 'inquiring knowledge' that drives us to seek out all we can get on the Pa3X and any other arranger keyboard(s) of interest for that matter.
It's Korg's responsibility (not ours) to manage & control what information gets disseminated out there.
The cat's already out of the bag.
If this requires Korg now to put up Official Demos earlier than originally scheduled, then so be it. The success of their product may depend on it.

#317951 - 03/01/11 11:03 AM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The idiocy is the constant anti Korg PA3x talk.
Now lets start some anti Tyros 4 talk. The Tyros 4 with speakers looks like a plastic spaceship with ears that sound like a bad CD. Sorry Scott you asked for it.

The speakers on the Tyros remind me of the headlights on the Lotus 7...

Unlike the Tyros speakers, the car's performance made up for the odd design...although, there are those who swear by the MS speakers(and those who swear at them!).

Ian

#317965 - 03/01/11 01:57 PM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: Dreamer]
WDMcM
Unregistered

Hi Dreamer,

Thanks for posting those videos. I worked with Raffaele when he was at Generalmusic; he and I had sort of the same job, he in Italy and me in the U.S. He is a great player and a very nice guy as well. It is good to see that he is doing well. If you happen to run into him again, please tell him that Dave McMahan said hello.

Originally Posted By: Dreamer
Hi Scott and others,
the guy demoing the PA3X Pro is Raffaele Mirabella; he is an excellent player and he also works for Korg Italy but, as has been noted by Ian and others, is essentially a pianist; his chops can be appreciated in the following videos, where he is demoing a Kronos and I think that he does a very good job.

#317966 - 03/01/11 02:14 PM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: Scottyee]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Fran you just dont get the rules of a discussion board do you ? if you dont like the topic, just leave it alone. If it annoys you , find another topic , problem solved ! There is no anti korg talk here. We are talking about a musical instrument not somebody's mother !! why get so offended ? Just steer clear and find a topic you can enjoy or start one if you prefer if all the 'negative talk' bothers you so much.

a discusion board is for people who wish to discuss, we may not always agree but most people can handle disagrement. If you are not one of them then you are free to start a discussion that you feel everyone will agree with.

Good luck with that.

#317967 - 03/01/11 02:17 PM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: Diki]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Diki do you think the rep who is employed by Korg demoing a korg instrument for an audience in a music store whilst being recorded does not think the recording might appear on yuotube ???? Especially for a product that supposedly has not yet been officially released ????

come on :-)

#317968 - 03/01/11 02:21 PM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: spalding1968]
FransN Offline

No you don't get the point Spalding. The only talk lately is how bad the PA3X is. People judge this keyboard on some lousy videos that's my point. So stop talking stupid and wait till April.

#317972 - 03/01/11 03:13 PM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
OK...so here is the deal.
Korg announced it WE didn't. If they announce it and did NOT SAY Oh by the way it isn't finished so there wil be no official demos of sounds/styles ct...then OK...BUT they didn't did they?

They announced it at NAAM, A pretty big trade show, Yes?

So it's not our fault we expected the normal stuff from a major player and we didn't get it.

So, IMHO don't stand up for Korg, there are big boys and they should get the heat, not us!

January to Aril is a long stretch to announce something to the world, to find out they don't have it finished.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online