SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#318034 - 03/01/11 10:29 PM Re: Do you have a 'back-up plan? [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I loved my 9000pro - built like a tank. If it had better drum samples, and a TC harmonizer in it, I'd still have it.
Ian, didn't Yamaha drop the "PSR" on the 9kpro model? I don't recall seeing the prefix.

#318039 - 03/01/11 11:56 PM Re: Do you have a 'back-up plan? [Re: Uncle Dave]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
I loved my 9000pro - built like a tank. If it had better drum samples, and a TC harmonizer in it, I'd still have it.
Ian, didn't Yamaha drop the "PSR" on the 9kpro model? I don't recall seeing the prefix.

No doubt it wasn't on some instruments, however, my friend Johnny's 9kpro has it written on the cabinet, and it is also referred to in the owner's manual as a PSR.

I do tend to get early production models, especially way back then, so it may have not have been on later models.

I had three different 9000's...a prototype of the PSR-9000 pro, a very early PSR-9000 (61-note & speakers)) and an early production PSR-9000pro. They all had the prefix PSR.

Johnny still loves the 9K, and uses it for restaurant gigs, mainly...however, he's also really taken by the Tyros3, so it might be a tie...he loves the keyboard action on both, but the Tyros3's FSX action has the edge in his opinion...mine too!

BTW, he's a seasoned pro...he was formerly Glen Campbell's piano player, and also played for Crystal Gayle and several other notable performers.

PSR-9000pro's (with or without the PSR prefix) in great condition, seem to do very well second hand...I know he's been offered good money for his...of course, once you get them loaded with lots of great third party styles, and set up your own registrations, it's difficult to give up an instrument...especially if you've grown accustomed to it's operating system.

The Tyros3's OS is close enough to make using both instruments a comfortable viability.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online