SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#318032 - 03/01/11 09:06 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
No offense Fran...but Koprg should have told us that....lots of people always say stuff...who are they? Who do they know?
Includig me.
My contact at Korg Italy has gone totally quiet, either just quiet, fired or dead (hope not the last 2) :-)

#318048 - 03/02/11 07:07 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: leeboy]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
You are right Lee they should.

#318050 - 03/02/11 07:17 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
Dnj Offline

Tc Harmonizer that recognizes the Audio for harmony is a nice feature also.

#318115 - 03/02/11 05:14 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny,
Make no mistake the PA3X will be one hell of an instrumen.
We just don't know all the sound/style related answers untill it's out.

Donny,
You had a PA800? Can't rmember...do you remember all the features in that OS? The manual for the Pa800/PA2 is onlne at KorgPA.COM..you could read it and then... remember the PA3X will add to that.

#318116 - 03/02/11 05:20 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Look, guys.... it's simple (really!)

Compare what has 'escaped' into the wild so far from the PA3X to the 'official' PA2X demos.

No comparison (IMO). Now, honestly guys... Does even ONE of you think that Korg will release an arranger that sounds terrible compared to their LAST arranger? REALLY..? rolleyes

But, as I said (and that T4 clip showed!), ANY arranger can be made to sound awful by a combination of unfamiliarity and incompetence. Plenty of that to go around in the keyboard industry, if you ask me! Yamaha seem to be the only ones that 'get' it. Pretty much ALL the arranger manufacturers MAKE great arrangers. But only Yamaha seem to realize that one incompetent demonstrator can ruin their reputation, or one over-eager sales representative unwilling to insist that pre-release models don't get videoed by amateurs until the official demos are out.

Did you see any pre-release T4 videos by amateur players playing unfinished product? No, you didn't... Yamaha keep a tight rein on their product until it is finalized.

Remember, ALL of Korg's Objects reside in RAM, so what is burned to a ROM in a Yamaha can remain fluid in a Korg, even past the release, if improvements can be made... no such luck with a Yamaha - it makes them more cautious about NOT releasing it until it is ready to go. The combination of this, and amateur videos of unofficial pre-release hands-on opportunities makes fort a VERY poor comparison, despite the product being, obviously, at LEAST as good as a PA2X.

So, guys, cool your jets... If you want to listen to a GOOD PA3X demo, go listen to the PA2X official demos. Pretty much everything in a PA2X will be in the PA3X. Plus a lot more (where is the Chord Sequencer fever we had for a week or so?!). Hate the PA2X? You are going to hate the PA3X, no matter WHAT it adds (those that hate the T3 didn't magically start loving the T4). But if you like those PA2X demos, you are going to LOVE the PA3X.

When it FINALLY gets the same love and attention the PA2X got....

#318121 - 03/02/11 05:43 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Diki

So, guys, cool your jets... If you want to listen to a GOOD PA3X demo, go listen to the PA2X official demos. You are going to hate the PA3X, no matter WHAT it adds (those that hate the T3 didn't magically start loving the T4). But if you like those PA2X demos, you are going to LOVE the PA3X.

When it FINALLY gets the same love and attention the PA2X got....

These guys and their overheated jets, Diki...it's quite a situation we must endure. More coolant maybe?

Regarding your statement about those not liking the T3 magically loving the Tyros4...well, in many cases it is true...several SZ'ers, as well as quite a few people on other forums, who didn't quite warm up to the Tyros3's sound, were totally enamored with the Tyros4. Count me as one of them.

Maybe the people who like the PA2X sound will not like the PA3X, if it sounds different...conversely to the situation with Tyros4 and Tyros3.

I do find it strange that no one from SZ has actually played a PA3X...there certainly seems to be quite a few available...at least in Europe.

Ian

#318123 - 03/02/11 05:55 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It was more a reference to 'hate' than merely being cool to the T4, Ian. I don't really think anyone that was totally against the Yamaha sound being suddenly reversed in their opinion. Those sitting on the fence can be swayed, but it's all TOO obvious that the T4 is simply another incremental improvement... as ALL arrangers tend to be. I doubt anyone hating the PA2X is going to have an epiphany when they hear the PA3X, either!

BTW, your 'edit' of my post in your quote tends to make a point I did NOT make. Leaving out the question "Hate the PA3X?" before the statement "You are going to hate the PA3X, no matter WHAT it adds" changes my intent a LOT...!

#318125 - 03/02/11 05:58 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: ianmcnll]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
I do find it strange that no one from SZ has actually played a PA3X.
Don't forget our own Synthzone Member & Korg dealer buddy, Frank Ventresca (Frankieve) shown here playing it at Namm: cool
Synthzone member Tapas Das (who shot the below video) also got to play it (a little) as well. wink
Tapas posted his impressions on this thread.

#318130 - 03/02/11 06:12 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
Dnj Offline

Scott that hugh speaker I just can get around....why why why???
maybe if it could be rotated toward the audience also it could be very versatile & useful....the fact that it connects to the KB without wires is kool though.

#318133 - 03/02/11 06:17 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: Dnj]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Speaker is an option. Don't like it don't buy it.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online