SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#317876 - 02/28/11 04:40 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
So then why is Korg allowing all these less than optimum 'amateur quality(?)' demo presentations take place?
Any company in the know would control product marketing and availability for best light exposure, right? confused1
I suspect Korg Japan regards the Korg Italy arranger division as a step child without any regard to it's future. frown
After the Namm fiasco, I would have expected Korg to have locked all access to the Pa3X until an official professional level Korg Pa3X video presentation was released.
Something just doesn't seem to add up here. shocked

#317878 - 02/28/11 05:00 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
maybe all the places in the world that currently have a PA3x and posting these demos on-line are just part of a BETA testing program??

#317879 - 02/28/11 05:06 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Scott, I agree...I think something has gone amiss.
I doubt very seriosly that Korg Japan looks at the PA series as a step child...they make tons of money on them. Remember we see a narrow view here...Korg sells more arrangers world wide that anyone. A big part of their market is Mid-East/Asia. Turkey is HUGE for them.
A few dealers seem to have them (look at the last Italy demo), how can Korg take them away?

It is somewhat confusing as..KorgPA.com IS the PA site...nothing is there. I am beginning to wander if some kind of shakeup is happening? Probably not, but things are strange right now.

Just a guess....maybe KorgPA said 'We are not ready to announce' and maybe Korg Japan said we will do it anyways...so KorgPA (Italy) said OK, we are not part of it until we are ready?????

My contact in Italy has, well, gone quiet.
I don't know if he is just quiet, fired or dead (hope not).

One thing for sure...IF it is a killer arranger, all this will not matter in a few monthes.

One other thing...other than those terrible demos at NAAM, I don't think all the others have anything to do with Korg.

Edited by leeboy (02/28/11 05:08 PM)

#317900 - 02/28/11 11:36 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Leeboy , the demo i posted would appear to be an official demonstration and not some guy noodling in a shop. He also does a full demonstration of the Korg Kronos. If you look at the clip i posted you will see that there is an audience and you can see display boards for Korg Products .

This is a proper Korg demonstration.

This is what Korg is putting out to sell their product and not some guy messing about although i can easily see and hear why you might draw that conclusion.

I guess if anyone wants to know what the PA products really can do they will have to audition them themselves as Korg is doing everything it can possibly do to discourage anyone from even trying one from these demos.

Edited by spalding1968 (02/28/11 11:49 PM)

#317909 - 03/01/11 05:29 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Put your T4 in the hands of someone that knows nothing about playing arrangers. Let HIM select the styles and the sounds (don't let him use YOUR Registrations!). Record him playing, warts and all. Post the video up here...

Then let us tear it to shreds..!

What is with the ADHD attitude here these days? Until Korg put up OFFICIAL demos, on a proper Website dedicated to the PA3X, just get resigned to the fact that you haven't HEARD the PA3X yet...

I am pretty sure that, if you went out on the web, and tried to find the WORST T4 demos you possibly could find, as long as you ignored the official Yamaha demos and demos of professional Yamaha demonstrators (of which there are none by Korg yet), it would be possible to come to exactly the same conclusion about Yamaha. They suck! Of course, that isn't the case...

How about waiting until you hear a PA3X demonstrated by a top Korg demonstrator or top professional to render your judgment? As they always say - Judge not less YE be judged! By the reckoning of this forum, I can easily prove that every single arranger out there sucks (including whatever YOU have)... Apparently, all it takes is a couple of badly played demos. Who hasn't heard a few of THOSE?! smile

Just chill, and wait for the OFFICIAL release and demos, OK guys?

#317926 - 03/01/11 07:50 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
I just joined this forum because I'm on the fence between the pa3x and the Tyros4. I don't have either of these in the earlier generation. In fact I have no arranger now at all, just one Roland Fantom X. I think I've read and looked at all the reviews, forums and youtube videos for each. Unfortunately none of my major music stores carry hi end arrangers. So, with the great Tyros information available and so little on the pa3x, and without being able to sit down with each, it's hard to decide. What I don't understand about Korg is: If they can put out an excellent intro video for the Kronos like we have here, then why couldn't they have paid Jordan Rudess to spend one extra day with the pa3x and show off some good stuff. I would respect such a video even if he prefaced it with "I don't play arrangers but if I did ... then I would get this pa3x... and I'll show you why ...... Now that would impress me even if I knew he would never gig with it. But, because Korg kind of threw the pa3x into the water and seems to be letting it sink, I'm really feeling that the Tyros has a company that cares about its arranger. It boggles my mind. And I think the Kronos demo is great and I love the sounds. It's just that right now I want an arranger. So, Korg, just give a day's pay to someone who is cool and knows how to play and let them explore the unit. We all love to try out new stuff. I'm sure they would have fun with it.

#317930 - 03/01/11 08:05 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: Hal2001]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Like Diki said Hal2001 the Korg PA3X isn't released official. Wait till april then there will be official KORG demo's from the PA3X international and the Musikant. If you want to know how good the Korg PA2X sound go to http://www.korgpa.com and listen to some demo's there.

Edited by FransN (03/01/11 08:07 AM)

#317931 - 03/01/11 08:31 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Worth,
Well, I guess you could call it official (beause he works for Korg, well maybe not, maybe he just has a shirt?), but I see it as a Korg guy shows up to one of their best stores in Italy, to show the Kornos & a little of the PA3X.

Not really an official product demo for everyone...so far there is none of those.
Thanks for posting it as it is one of the best, but that's not saying much.

#317933 - 03/01/11 08:45 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: leeboy]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Steve McNally gives a very good demo of how the PA3X would be used by real arranger players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xirp4expFvQ&feature=related

Eddie

#317934 - 03/01/11 08:57 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Steve McNally does no such thing. He is just mucking about with what little he has available in the PA-3X prototype.
I entirely concur with what DIKI and Frans are saying.
Ghee, I am not a very patient person myself but some of you here on the forum are really bad, and very much jumping to conclusions.
Anyway, come April come spring (at least in Europe) and it will show all of us the wiser as far as Korg PA-3X is concerned....

Happy waiting............

John

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online