SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#317798 - 02/27/11 06:10 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I wasn't very impressed with the Trumpet, Sax, Flute, harmonica, vocal, and accordion sounds at all. And I owned a Pa2xpro!

I agree with the others; this gentleman was a great pianist, not so good arranger player.

The more I see the speaker setup, the more I think it looks silly. Does it come with a sub-woofer?

No remorse for buying the T4 here.....

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#317799 - 02/27/11 06:10 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: FransN
It is not really the PA3x that disappoint me but the people who demonstrate the PA3X. I really like many of the sounds I hear in this demo and a lot are new sounds. But the guy can't play an arranger so again bad advertising for Korg.

That appears to be the case, Frans...the instrument may have a lot to offer, but it seems very few ( actually, so far none at all, in my opinion), players are actually familiar enough with arrangers to do a good job showcasing it.

I thought the piano sound was excellent, although the rest weren't really much different than the PA2X.

You'd think with an arranger costing that much, Korg would invest in at least one player who could do the demos properly.

I know I'd feel pretty bad if Yamaha had done something similar with Tyros4.

In Korg's case, none of the players even seem enthusiastic about the instrument....watching Yamaha's Martin and Peter, they'd have you believe they felt they were playing the best arranger on the planet...the Korg guys just seem so ho-hum about it. It can't be the instrument, can it?

Ian

#317807 - 02/27/11 09:13 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I personally think that are two things, from Korg Italy the lack of interest on making a REAL Decent demo, and like Ian said, so far the persons that had demo the PA3X had "0" in enthusiast eagerness in showing it, perhaps not been familiar with it, etc.

I honestly can think on couple people that can make a very nice demo.
Tapas can tell you too.

#317811 - 02/28/11 12:05 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Lee dont torture yourself anymore and just get the T4 and be done with it. The styles and the sounds in terms of quality and programming are head and shoulders above the competition. If you are not going to utilise the additional features the PA3X has then why pay for them ?

It is true that Korg seem to have little interest in its PA products or they would not be committing the kind of product suicide we are seeing with pretty much every demo from them.

Its not that the PA product is poor , its just that the competition (yamaha) in terms of sound alone is that much better. If i were making a first time pro arranger purchase the Korg would still be close to or at the top of the list of products i would buy taking everything into account , features, playability, sounds, styles prgramming and editing. But i would know that i would have to compromise on the sound. But i already own the PA1X and nothing i have heard so far from the Korg demos has convinced me that upgradeing is value for money. Most of the sounds i already have, most of the features i already have, and the 'new' sounds and new features have not enticed me in the least. If yamaha produced a korg like product they would clean up the arranger market but no doubt at the expense of cannabalising their workstation market .

Thats not going to happen anytime soon. If it aint broke dont fix it i guess.

Edited by spalding1968 (02/28/11 12:09 AM)

#317816 - 02/28/11 02:12 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Sorry guys I dont mean to be a fire starter here but that demo sounds great to me! finally a good clear quality demo!

That piano and acoustic guitar sounds phenomenal!!

So it might not have some of the voice articulations and controls that the T4 has - but when u listen to that music being played and close your eyes - you don't hear a keyboard. You hear and picture a live band playing on stage.

It is a bit disappointing that there is not a big variety of style genres being played but from what I can hear its got the goods to keep up with the competition!!

Its Live, Crisp, punchy, realistic, in your face and polished at the same time. I don't know what people are expecting this thing to sound like? its not "gimmicky". Its just professional and good quality!

Different strokes for different folks - but I prefer this live sound over alot of other things I am hearing.

Just my opinion

Nick

#317819 - 02/28/11 02:55 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
spalding1968 Offline

no worries Nick. the bottom line is its all about opinions and most of the adults on this forum can have a difference of opinion and not fall out. No fires have been started here :-)

Compare the sound of the PA2X to the 3X . How is it in any way different apart from the SV1 piaonos and EPs

Edited by spalding1968 (02/28/11 02:58 AM)

#317836 - 02/28/11 08:26 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: spalding1968

Its not that the PA product is poor , its just that the competition (yamaha) in terms of sound alone is that much better.

You are kidding right?

#317850 - 02/28/11 11:30 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Well, I sorta liked the demo, and am NOT a Korg fan. As others have mentioned, maybe e.q. and reverb is needed on some of the lead voices. I'd like to hear some of the other styles.
I wouldn't give up on it because of this demo.
You can tell the guy is a piano player and doesn't know much about emulating other voices. I would assume he doesn't know that much about the OS either. It probably is better than this, but it's not that bad.
Still wouldn't trade my E50 for it after what I've heard so far though.
DonM

#317851 - 02/28/11 11:40 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: FransN]
spalding1968 Offline

i am obviously not kidding fran. It is just my opinion though .

#317874 - 02/28/11 04:17 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
OK gang....here is the deal. We have not really heard much from the PA3X yet! This demo was lousy just like the rest. Just some guy noodling around in a music shop..not a product demo.
The official sie for Korg arrangers is KorgPA.COM...go there and look...NOTHING! It does not exist...They have not announced it yet. They are the ones that release all the details, demos, updates, manuals, tutorials etc. I'm not sure if they are pissed, embarassed, or just doing thngs on their own schedule?

There is plenty of new great sounds/styles/features. No one has shown us the instrument yet...and yes...DNC with great articulations.
Think about it...how good is ANY of the existing PA2XPRO demo's...NOT! Unless all you want to hear is BEATS.
Korg is not in the same building as Yamaha on Marketing. Also a good number of Korg's customers don't even use the built in content...they do all there own.

I think by the end of April we will hear something better...but, IMHO I do not expect a Martin Harris style/quality demo! Period!

I think for those that like the PA in general this will be a big seller.

It is not a Tyros, It is not a G-70, It is a PA from Korg....all different animals. All very good instruments.

IMHO, If anyone wants to see if they want a PA3X...they are going to have to go set with one for a long while, IF thay are or were a Korg owner they can do it alone, IF they are not they will need someone INTIMATELY familiar with it to understand what it is. Frank V. comes to mind or George?

When one comes near here...I will know in 2 hours if I want it.
I will only be listening to and trying SOUNDS and Styles to a certain extent. I already know the features (well, maybe not a few new ones?).

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online