SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#31761 - 05/19/03 06:38 AM XD9 COMPARED TO SD1
pianoman51 Offline

Loc: Lakewood,Ohio
I WAS TOLD THAT THERE IS NOT A WHOLE LOT OF DIFFERANCE BETWEEN SD1 & XD9 OTHER THAN AMOUNT OF KEYS AND OF COURSE HARD DRIVE & VOCALIZER BEING AN OPTION ON XD9. IS THERE ANY BIG DIFFERANCE IN THE SOUNDS AND STYLES?

#31762 - 05/19/03 10:01 AM Re: XD9 COMPARED TO SD1
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by pianoman51:
I WAS TOLD THAT THERE IS NOT A WHOLE LOT OF DIFFERANCE BETWEEN SD1 & XD9 OTHER THAN AMOUNT OF KEYS AND OF COURSE HARD DRIVE & VOCALIZER BEING AN OPTION ON XD9. IS THERE ANY BIG DIFFERANCE IN THE SOUNDS AND STYLES?

Here ya go ..........

#1. The keyboard feel is different on the SD1 vs. the XD9 . If you put your finger under the key , you will feel a weight attached under the SD1 key . 76 keys is also a big advantage vs.61 keys .
#2. In regards to sound ...there are some similarities , but the SD1 does sound a cleaner sonically and the drums definately sound better imo . Guitar imulation within a style is better on the SD1 imo .

#3. Another big difference between the SD1 and XD9 is navigation . The SD1 has dedicated buttons for master volumne control when using styles .The Sd1 has dedicated buttons for aftertouch ,portamento ( I use these features , very important) , pianist and one of the biggest features on the SD1 ...........and that is TO END . More SD1 owners comment how useful the TO END feature is when using styles .

#4. The mic input is balanced and a 2nd mic can be used with the 2nd mic input on the SD1 vs. the quarter inch input on the XD series .
#5. 4 outputs vs. 2 .

This is all I have time for now ............Gotta Go . Dano

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online