SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#317529 - 02/24/11 07:24 AM Re: What Yamaha Style Would You Use for This? [Re: Stephenm52]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
After trying out the styles suggested by Poz and Bill, I tried using the Quickstep style, second and third variation, and to me, it sounded like the right one to use. Give it a try and let me know what you guys think.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#317532 - 02/24/11 07:29 AM Re: What Yamaha Style Would You Use for This? [Re: Stephenm52]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Gary, I tried both styles last night, both work for the tune. I will give the Quickstep a try, that may have more the feel I was looking for. Thanks

#317533 - 02/24/11 07:35 AM Re: What Yamaha Style Would You Use for This? [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Russ is the one being modest. I know Steve Wariner has enlisted Russ to play on some of his recordings.
DonM

Don not sure you read a post I wrote a couple of weeks ago.........but here goes anyway. When I first joined SZ, Russ called me to welcome me to SZ, he also said he wasn't really a very talented musician. I knew at the time he was being modest, I just didn't buy his story............. Then fast forward to a couple weeks ago when he uploaded "What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life." That proved he's way too modest.

#317535 - 02/24/11 08:06 AM Re: What Yamaha Style Would You Use for This? [Re: Stephenm52]
POZ Offline

Steve:

Interesting what each of us choose. I have Gary's quick step in use for this song in my senior gig reg's. I played it for years on the guitar with a band more as french swing/or/gypsy swing, and also played it on banjo in the banjo club as New Orleans dixieland.

Probably half a dozen styles that will work.

Gave you the one I though closest (just a tad different)to match layed back Mr. smooth chet.

Hope you fine one you like..cheers guys

#317537 - 02/24/11 08:28 AM Re: What Yamaha Style Would You Use for This? [Re: Stephenm52]
Stephenm52 Offline

POZ,

Interesting on versions and styles. Recently I've heard 3 versions of this tune, Chet and Suzy's is the one I preferred, but here's the 2 others one by Wynton Marsalis and the other played by Harry Connick Jr's way, each are as different as the day is long.

Wynton Marsalis After You've Gone

Harry Connick's Style

#317538 - 02/24/11 08:36 AM Re: What Yamaha Style Would You Use for This? [Re: Stephenm52]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I've played around with it this morning...

I have a French Jazz Style on the T2 at 96 bpm...

Its a pretty cool tune...

#317540 - 02/24/11 08:44 AM Re: What Yamaha Style Would You Use for This? [Re: POZ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
What a great version of this song ...

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of a lot of today's country music ... "that being said" ... I couldn't help but be amazed at the simplicity with which this song - and group - was presented, in contrast with the vocal and choreographic presentations of today's artists ... just a sign of the times, no doubt ...
Speaking of choreography, with his two left feet, it's a good thing Chet plays a mean guitar wink
... and there is NOTHING 'bogus' about Suzy smile

By the way, some of the other you-tube clips are pretty nice too ...

Edited by tony mads usa (02/24/11 09:00 AM)

#317547 - 02/24/11 09:35 AM Re: What Yamaha Style Would You Use for This? [Re: Stephenm52]
Stephenm52 Offline

Bill, I found last night that slower on the French Swing was better, I played the one you suggested at 105 BPM.

Tony, I've become a more a country fan than I ever was. My wife whose roots are in South Carolina has always loved country. I guess after 20 plus years, it's rubbed off. I'm with you that delivery by Chet and Suzzy, smooth and relaxed.

#317548 - 02/24/11 09:38 AM Re: What Yamaha Style Would You Use for This? [Re: Stephenm52]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Bill, I found last night that slower on the French Swing was better, I played the one you suggested at 105 BPM.

Tony, I've become a more a country fan than I ever was. My wife whose roots are in South Carolina has always loved country. I guess after 20 plus years, it's rubbed off. I'm with you that delivery by Chet and Suzzy, smooth and relaxed.

I settled in around 96, which should be a great dance tempo...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online