SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#317148 - 02/21/11 04:17 AM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: Scottyee]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
That's cheap Scott. Here in the Netherlands a Tyros 4 cost 3599 Euro with speakers (is street price) thats about 4900 dollar. In comparison the PA2X cost 2700 Euro.

#317149 - 02/21/11 04:38 AM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: FransN
That's cheap Scott. Here in the Netherlands a Tyros 4 cost 3599 Euro with speakers (is street price) thats about 4900 dollar. In comparison the PA2X cost 2700 Euro.

Hi Frans,

So, do you think the new Korg PA3Xpro will be roughly the same price as the new Tyros4 where you live?

What does a new Tyros3 (a leftover, let's say) sell for in the Netherlands?

How much is a PA2XPro?

Are you seriously considering a PA3X or PA3XPro for your next arranger?

I'm hoping they put up some more demos.

Ian

#317150 - 02/21/11 04:57 AM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Hi Ian good morning smile

I think and hope the 61 keys PA3X will be about 2500 - 2600 Euro.
The PA2X Pro cost 2700 Euro. I can't find a new Tyros 3 but a used one cost 2200 Euro.

There will be no PA3X Pro but only the PA3X 61 keys and 76 keys available as International and Musikant model.

Yes I have the money for a PA3X and will go for the 61 keys. I think I will buy the international model not the musikant.

#317177 - 02/21/11 11:04 AM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Not to put a dampener on anyone's enthusiasm, but if you have to buy a NEW, TOTL arranger to fire up your creative juices (after only one year of ownership of your previous arranger), that can get to be a very expensive habit (unless maybe you get them at cost!).

I STILL have the odd 3am session with my G70, and I've had it for nearly six years, now...!

Make the juices come from YOU rather than the gear, and you can save a boatload of money! wink

#317182 - 02/21/11 11:19 AM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Not to put a dampener on anyone's enthusiasm, but if you have to buy a NEW, TOTL arranger to fire up your creative juices (after only one year of ownership of your previous arranger), that can get to be a very expensive habit (unless maybe you get them at cost!).

I STILL have the odd 3am session with my G70, and I've had it for nearly six years, now...!

Make the juices come from YOU rather than the gear, and you can save a boatload of money! wink

Diki,

Your G70 will never ever sound anything like the T4 no matter what you do with and at what time of the day you you do it. Most people would never keep a car for 6 years and certainly not a KB that's why so many T2 & T3 are on the market secondhand, I had a G70 for a short while and frankly I didn't rate it at all, but who am I but a sniveling creature of little consequence when it comes to KBs, I kneel before you. What I will say the G70 will go well with a CRT TV. It is about that era. I have a box of ECL82 if you want some.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#317188 - 02/21/11 11:41 AM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

You kept an Audya for a short time, too..!

Thing is, I don't WANT to sound like a Tyros (or I'd HAVE a Tyros!). Sorry, but this sniveling creature considers things like the number of keys that you play on more important than the sounds you play them with!

BTW, I type this looking at my beautiful Apple CRT monitor, and if I had a tube amp, I would HAPPILY take those ECL82's. Send them to Russ... at least HE knows that tubes destroy trannies for doing MUSICAL things to sound!

How fast you upgrade your arranger is more an indicator of how DISSATISFIED you are with the current one, not how happy it makes you! I kept my G1000 for over TEN years, BTW. Until another arranger comes out that utterly DESTROYS my G70 (not barely noticeable incremental upgrades), I will be playing this a long, long time. It's why I bought TWO!

Oh, and some people keep cars their entire life. But you have to be HAPPY with it to do that! Send me any old analog synths you have lying about... An obsolete OBXa or a Jupiter 8 (relics!) would be just fine with me! Got a B3, or a Suitcase 73? Maybe a Tele '56? Send ALL your old junk to me. I'll spare you any embarrassment with the neighbors about not having the newest gear on your block! rolleyes

#317197 - 02/21/11 12:23 PM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Not to put a dampener on anyone's enthusiasm,

You could never do that my friend.

I am a happy camper with the Tyros4...life is very good.

BTW...creativity flowed quite well on the good old S910...much the same as it does on the Tyros4 (and on the B-3, and on the Jupiter 8 etc.).

I didn't like the Tyros3 enough to make a move from the S910...I absolutely love the Tyros4, so the decision was quite easy.

It's nice to see the G-70 still provides inspiration and creativity for you...it is a fine keyboard.

Ian

#317199 - 02/21/11 12:36 PM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Scotty...you got it!
I don't know why people talk $4k or $5k for a T4 or a PA3X.
I paid $3,200 for my PA2XPRO, way below MSRP.
Just like if your looking for a wife or GF...you got to shop around (Martha and the Vandells's?)

Edited by leeboy (02/21/11 12:37 PM)

#317211 - 02/21/11 01:51 PM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Ian, my G70 doesn't provide me with inspiration and creativity. I consider it MY job to provide that for myself.

Those 3am sessions come because I have a musical idea I want to try out, not that my arranger has a style or sound I want to jam on. You can only do that until familiarity tires you of the novelty. And, by reading much on this forum, that's usually no more than a year...

#317213 - 02/21/11 02:10 PM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Ian, my G70 doesn't provide me with inspiration and creativity. I consider it MY job to provide that for myself.

Those 3am sessions come because I have a musical idea I want to try out, not that my arranger has a style or sound I want to jam on. You can only do that until familiarity tires you of the novelty. And, by reading much on this forum, that's usually no more than a year...

Of course it's YOUR job.

That's why you are a musician.

The novelty factor varies greatly...for some it's a year, for others it's two...and then there are those who are forced to keep their current arranger because they really can't afford a new one, even though they'd love to be using the latest and greatest, and some might say, the best sounding instruments.

Why is it so important to you how long someone else keeps an arranger, or how much money they spend?

Isn't that an individual preference based on many factors, only one of which is cost?

Certainly, one hopes they need not justify buying an arranger out of sync with what time cycle you think it should be?

For most people, an arranger is not a work tool...it is a hobby.

Let's say, after the initial cost of his first arranger, Joe Blow buys a new arranger every year, and it costs him $1000 (probably less) in the difference...that's $83 and change a month, and about $20 per week.

Not bad for being able to enjoy a great hobby, and to also have the latest instrument to play.

I'd say golf would be more costly...heck, even fishing could be more money.

Ian

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online