SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#317042 - 02/20/11 08:17 AM Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Very Impressive ! keys

#317048 - 02/20/11 08:45 AM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

How the hell anyone sells KBs against the T4 is beyond me, it never fails to surprise me and the people who play them.

I have seen yet nothing to beat it for a full overall sound.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#317049 - 02/20/11 08:46 AM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Holy crap! That guy can play!
I loved the horns..notice how they sound just right...volume slowly coming up, timbre slowly changing, just like real ones.
Yes, I notice small stuff like that...that is why the sound is the most important thing to me on a arranger.

It would be cool to seee how someone could play the Korg PA2 or PA3 the same way...and to hear how it compares. Unfortunely, the type of music you typically hear demoed on Korg is not this.

#317054 - 02/20/11 09:04 AM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Go listen to the other 4 performaces by him....Ammazing!
It also give you a nice demo of T4 sounds....

#317057 - 02/20/11 09:40 AM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: leeboy]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: leeboy
Holy crap! That guy can play!
I loved the horns..notice how they sound just right...volume slowly coming up, timbre slowly changing, just like real ones.
Yes, I notice small stuff like that...that is why the sound is the most important thing to me on a arranger.

It would be cool to seee how someone could play the Korg PA2 or PA3 the same way...and to hear how it compares. Unfortunely, the type of music you typically hear demoed on Korg is not this.

Leeboy,

There is nothing on any other KB ever been played like this. I don't think the Pa2x will ever sound like that, that’s why you have never heard it that way. I think the T4 has the best sounds around, the Wersi Wing I don't know why Wersi bother, I would bin it now to avoid the embarrassment, where are the other demos.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#317062 - 02/20/11 10:11 AM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: leeboy]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.

Very Impressive Indeed, thanks Scott

Originally Posted By: leeboy
Go listen to the other 4 performaces by him....Ammazing!
It also give you a nice demo of T4 sounds....

Here's one of them...

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#317072 - 02/20/11 11:09 AM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: lahawk]
Tony Hughes Offline

Larry,

It just keeps getting better and better!

Tony

#317091 - 02/20/11 01:42 PM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Tony,
Well...it may be that because a lot of PA2 players are from the Mid-East, or at least don't play the music I like all that much.
That's why I said I wish a PA2 player with that kind of talent would do some of he songs we have been hearing on T4....so we could compare a little. I know there s plenty of very talented players with Korgs!

Some of it is the sounds, but I think some is also the type people that buy T4??? It's just a feeling, I have no data to back up my comments.

#317098 - 02/20/11 02:46 PM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think each make of arranger does a few things exceptionally well. And a LOT of that simply comes from how well the styles are written, with perhaps a lesser degree coming from the sounds themselves.

This type of light popular classical seems to have style writers for Yamaha leading well. But, I have to say, the individual sounds themselves seem no stronger or weaker than several other arrangers. The Pirates intro strings, for instance, seemed to be lacking in 'bite' and phrase attack, it's flute sounds had a fairly pronounced electronic timbre, for me at least, and the horns... again, by themselves, I've heard others get close.

But the total PACKAGE comes from the player, and the style, IMO.

If this were a great modern jazz demo, or a rock demo, or an electronica demo, we might be saying the exact same thing about another brand. In the end, it is the CONTENT more than any factor that seems to determine how we feel about an arranger (other than owning one, which definitely clouds the issue!) wink

#317100 - 02/20/11 03:07 PM Re: Pirates Carib Performed With Flair on Tyros 4 ! [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Diki

If this were a great modern jazz demo, or a rock demo, or an electronica demo, we might be saying the exact same thing about another brand. In the end, it is the CONTENT more than any factor that seems to determine how we feel about an arranger (other than owning one, which definitely clouds the issue!) wink

Leigh does a nice demo here, with a jazz style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpfKs4ZK7Dk

There's also a great LA Cool Swing Style that's a lot of fun to play with.

So far, in my explorations of the Tyros4, I haven't hit on any genre that I do, which includes everything except Schlager, that it doesn't cover extremely well.

The only shortcomings were the less punchy "live" drums, and this has been looked after with the new kits in the T4. It also sounds less compressed to me.

It does movie type music very well...big sweeping sounds, with big sweeping styles...sweeping you off your feet.

However, the Rock, R&B, and Dance all are all pretty damn sweepy as well...

I hope you get to play one soon...I'm pretty impressed with this one.

Aside from it not having the 76 keys that you need, I think you'll be pretty impressed too.

Ian

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online