SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#316791 - 02/17/11 03:24 PM Re: Confirmation for this kb case wanted... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Bill, I have a ATA case for my XK-1. It's a little heavier than I'd like, but a great build. I have a Road Runner bag from GC that is a little large for my s910, but I doubt it would be big enough for the T2.

#316901 - 02/18/11 03:18 PM Re: Confirmation for this kb case wanted... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I would feel VERY nervous putting a $3500 investment into a soft(ish) lightweight case. My ATA has had speakers dropped on it, survived a 90mph crash (lady in a minivan plowed into the back of us!) and has protected my nearly six year old G70 without breaking a sweat. Something that few ABS cases could do, I'm sure.

I virtually NEVER have to cold lift my case with arranger, everything is dollies and leverage. I am afraid I would be a nervous wreck trying to transport my G70 in something I KNEW (even if only in the back of my mind) was one dropped speaker away from destruction!

Not too many of us can afford a backup $3500+ arranger. Don't short change your case... smile

#316913 - 02/18/11 03:38 PM Re: Confirmation for this kb case wanted... [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
I would feel VERY nervous putting a $3500 investment into a soft(ish) lightweight case. My ATA has had speakers dropped on it, survived a 90mph crash (lady in a minivan plowed into the back of us!) and has protected my nearly six year old G70 without breaking a sweat. Something that few ABS cases could do, I'm sure.

I virtually NEVER have to cold lift my case with arranger, everything is dollies and leverage. I am afraid I would be a nervous wreck trying to transport my G70 in something I KNEW (even if only in the back of my mind) was one dropped speaker away from destruction!

Not too many of us can afford a backup $3500+ arranger. Don't short change your case... smile

well Diki so many have proved this theory wrong as we are day by day in the trenches gigging in & out of venues many times 2x a day and beyond with no problems what so ever lugging around an airline ATA case is ridiculous the weight along especially with a 49Lb G70 is outrageous add the ATA case and your upwards of 75+ lbs at least OUCH!!!...I'll bet if you ever gigged like that day after day, in & out constantly you wouldn't be schlepping' a beast like that in a heavy wood coffin. I personally never have had a problem with any of my Gator, ProTec or Guardian semi hard cases...

Edited by Dnj (02/18/11 03:42 PM)

#316916 - 02/18/11 03:44 PM Re: Confirmation for this kb case wanted... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
How many speakers you dropped on yours, yet, Donny? Or how many 90mph wrecks has it survived..?

Day to day ain't what I'm talking about.

And yes, I DID gig day in, day out, multiple gigs with it. Anyone that is actually LIFTING their keyboard in its case is not using good leverage technique... Mind you, a guitarist helps out no end, as well! But I manage on solo gigs just fine.

Thanks for the concern. wink

#316928 - 02/18/11 04:39 PM Re: Confirmation for this kb case wanted... [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
How many speakers you dropped on yours, yet, Donny? Or how many 90mph wrecks has it survived..?

Day to day ain't what I'm talking about.

And yes, I DID gig day in, day out, multiple gigs with it. Anyone that is actually LIFTING their keyboard in its case is not using good leverage technique... Mind you, a guitarist helps out no end, as well! But I manage on solo gigs just fine.

Thanks for the concern. wink

maybe I'm more careful?.....stopped drinking totally also, and take every precaution to not have a disaster....but if something occurs....chalk it up to a business loss things always can happen...gotta have a plan B.. I still will never again carry my ax in a ATA case.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online