I was lucky enough to be stationed in Germany for 4 years in the 90’s and their appreciation for music (all forms) amazed me. I first lived in a small village called “Machenbach” (“the music city”). I heard their community band practicing every week (no air conditioners and all windows usually open all the time!). Then I moved to Kottweiler-Schwanden and lo and behold I could hear their community band practicing every Thursday evening. The winefests and beerfests and lambfests and porkfests and city celebrations always had live music so I can see how this technology would fit right into the musical flow of things. I remember taking my brother and his family to one of our town’s many celebrations and the community band was performing – everyone at their tables locked arms and sang as we all consumed mass quantities of wursts, brotchen, pomme-fritz und bier! The fact that all stores (at the time) were closed down at 2:00 on Saturday is a testament of the state-wide desire to make time to enjoy family and nature. My only regret was not going to the fest hall and finagling a seat next to the other sax players (language barrier kept me away). I truly miss those days!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"