SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#316661 - 02/16/11 08:43 AM Why Arrangers are so popular in europe?
Bachus Offline

Its because they where created to make music like this with duos trios or even OMB.

Video

This video is shot in my hometown, and while not the highest level of quallity, it shows why many people overhere in europe like this kind of partymusic... It makes people happy and they all sing along... Music is about emotions and this shows much of our european emotions...

And this kind of music is what Yamaha and Korg have in mind when building Arrangers...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#316663 - 02/16/11 09:14 AM Re: Why Arrangers are so popular in europe? [Re: Bachus]
Wis Offline

Yes that is how it is ! Great video.

#316669 - 02/16/11 11:45 AM Re: Why Arrangers are so popular in europe? [Re: Wis]
tyroschuck Offline

Loc: Downey, CA, US
Bachus, It looks like you have the same home town as Andre Rieu.
The town square is very, very attractive.
regards, chuck

#316671 - 02/16/11 11:54 AM Re: Why Arrangers are so popular in europe? [Re: Bachus]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I didn't see an arranger player?

#316690 - 02/16/11 02:24 PM Re: Why Arrangers are so popular in europe? [Re: brickboo]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
No but this kind of music you can easely play on a keyboard especially on a Korg Musikant.

Goede post Bachus ik zie dit voor het eerst.

Edited by FransN (02/16/11 02:25 PM)

#316720 - 02/16/11 10:28 PM Re: Why Arrangers are so popular in europe? [Re: Bachus]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Bachus

This video is shot in my hometown...

Bachus...may I ask what country your home town is in?

#316723 - 02/16/11 11:17 PM Re: Why Arrangers are so popular in europe? [Re: Bachus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
One thing I definitely miss from Europe is people's willingness to start singing at the drop of a hat!

Maybe it's the 'individualist' thing, but Americans seem relatively comfortable with karaoke, but get a dozen of them at a bar, and it's like pulling teeth to get them to spontaneously break out in song... smile

I honestly think, without 'singalongs' that I played my accordion for (or bar piano if there was one), I might never have got into public playing. Lord knows what would have happened if I were raised in the US!

#316741 - 02/17/11 07:38 AM Re: Why Arrangers are so popular in europe? [Re: tyroschuck]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: tyroschuck
Bachus, It looks like you have the same home town as Andre Rieu.
The town square is very, very attractive.
regards, chuck

Andre was born in Maastricht... And most Maastricht folksongs are based on classical Music... Maastricht has its very own musicla culture, with many famous artists only known inside Maastricht.. People in Maastricht are proud of what they are and they mostly manifest that through their music.

Andre Rieu and his orchestra don't do anything but present the Maastrcht culture to the rest of the world... Music is about emotions.. Andre Rieu allows people to show these emotions

http://www.123video.nl/playvideos.asp?MovieID=635458

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUzbT7x2_48&feature=related

The first video shows the anticipation of local musicians in Andre rieus Concert on the Centrall square of Maastricht..

The seccond shows how much classicla music is part of our culture, and why Andre Rieu is whome he is.. He was born, raised inside this culture. It moves me to tears every time i see how those people get all emotionall with this music.

And most surprising, the current Maastricht youth in generall still apreciates this music very very much... as they all know its an important part of their identity

Edited by Bachus (02/17/11 07:40 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#316747 - 02/17/11 08:01 AM Re: Why Arrangers are so popular in europe? [Re: Diki]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
One thing I definitely miss from Europe is people's willingness to start singing at the drop of a hat!

Maybe it's the 'individualist' thing, but Americans seem relatively comfortable with karaoke, but get a dozen of them at a bar, and it's like pulling teeth to get them to spontaneously break out in song... smile

I honestly think, without 'singalongs' that I played my accordion for (or bar piano if there was one), I might never have got into public playing. Lord knows what would have happened if I were raised in the US!

Maybe you'd be DOCTOR Diki R by now!!
DonM

#316794 - 02/17/11 03:37 PM Re: Why Arrangers are so popular in europe? [Re: Bachus]
Tonewheeldude Offline

of course - it definitely helps that everyone in Europe carries around a tambourine (as the video clearly shows) just in case someone decides to spontaneously pull out their accordion or arranger wink

The problem in the USA is that people just don't carry tambourines.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online