SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#316593 - 02/15/11 03:58 PM Re: Quality OMB accompaniment. It doesnt get better [Re: spalding1968]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Diki - no problem! I will let you know as soon as I decide for sure and you can definitely plan to come on over and spend some time with it! Maybe we can get a Skype session goin' and turn it into a kewl internet review!

My first objective is to get the T2 to the new owner successfully....then I'll press on the T4 decision. I'll keep you posted.... wink

Have a great week!
Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#316605 - 02/15/11 05:23 PM Re: Quality OMB accompaniment. It doesnt get better [Re: Bill Lewis]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Ian

Just curious. What speakers do you use that weigh just 25lbs.? I'm always looking for ways to get lighter

Thanks

Bill

Hi Bill,

I am using two Yamaha MS60S powered monitors...they are short throw, 60 watt, and I'm not sure if they are being made anymore...they were in production a very long time, as the design was pretty well spot on.

I wouldn't use them in a club environment, unless it was quite small; they are perfect for what I do, which is restaurant music...the short throw being advantageous, so that those who don't want to listen can just sit a bit farther away.

They were pricey when I got them, which was at least around 20 years ago...about $700 Canadian (each), but, they were well worth the investment, as they are nigh on bulletproof, and have worked perfectly ever since purchased.

The heaviest piece of gear I now have is the Tyros4, which is roughly 30 lbs or so...that's my limit nowadays...my back isn't the best from many years of martial arts, and also lugging big keyboards and sound systems, a lot of the times after too much imbibing. Truth be told, I'm also getting a lot lazier.

Several friends of mine use the Yamaha Stagepas 500 and are very happy with it...one guy uses a sub with his, but it sounds pretty good on it's own.

I've taken the winter off for personal gigs, but I am considering a pair of Bose Compacts late in the spring when I may go back.

Ian

#316611 - 02/15/11 06:22 PM Re: Quality OMB accompaniment. It doesnt get better [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Ian

Just curious. What speakers do you use that weigh just 25lbs.? I'm always looking for ways to get lighter ThanksBill

Take a look at the Podium line of speqakers ...great bang for the buck....oh yeah, did I mention they sound great also?...

http://www.onlyfactorydirect.com/c-31-powered-speakers.aspx

#316636 - 02/15/11 09:54 PM Re: Quality OMB accompaniment. It doesnt get better [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Great bass pedals playing...

Just have a look at this video

http://www.youtube.com/user/bigalmcp#p/u/33/UqAzACFr00E

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online