SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#316745 - 02/17/11 07:57 AM Re: Pa3x Guitar Demo [Re: Nick G]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
The link still works on my end.

My question is... since this is not a Korg produced demo, how did this person playing this supposed Pa3x demo get his hands on a Pa3x when in fact it hasn't even been released to the public yet? One possibility might be he has a very close collaboration with Korg Italy perhaps and they simply lent him one just for this purpose i.e. giving people a small glimpse at the Guitar (acoustic in this case) capability on the Pa3x.

Now if indeed that Nylon guitar is really from a Pa3x then it gives people a little extra glimmer of hope that the Pa3x isn't just rehashed Pa2x sounds with the letters 3x instead of 2x written on its outer shell. wink I thought the guitar was very authentic sounding. Excellent would be another word for it. cool

But it's gonna take far more than just one sound from one particular sound category to nudge people to open their wallets and fork over $4,000 though. I'm really surprised the Korg website is still vacant of any factory produced demos for the Pa3x. If Korg's not careful people could start to lose interest in the Pa3x as the NAMM hype has already died down somewhat and before you know it either Roland or some other keyboard company could introduce something at Musikmesse that will divert attention away from the Pa3x and toward the new product(s) from Roland or whoever. Wouldn't that be a kicker? wink Stranger things have happened although not to say that it will mind you. wink Roland is due for another high-end arranger as we know though. Ketron could surprise everyone too. But Ketron could also be very low on "money" for the necessary R&D that would be needed to replace the Audya's obsolete USB 1.1 amongst other technical oddities and limitations inherent on the Audya. Miniscule amounts of memory is another example. frown We are in the 21st century aren't we? wink

All the best,
Mike

Edited by keybplayer (02/17/11 08:02 AM)

#316751 - 02/17/11 08:18 AM Re: Pa3x Guitar Demo [Re: keybplayer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: keybplayer
The link still works on my end.

My question is... since this is not a Korg produced demo, how did this person playing this supposed Pa3x demo get his hands on a Pa3x when in fact it hasn't even been released to the public yet? One possibility might be he has a very close collaboration with Korg Italy perhaps and they simply lent him one just for this purpose i.e. giving people a small glimpse at the Guitar (acoustic in this case) capability on the Pa3x.

Now if indeed that Nylon guitar is really from a Pa3x then it gives people a little extra glimmer of hope that the Pa3x isn't just rehashed Pa2x sounds with the letters 3x instead of 2x written on its outer shell. wink I thought the guitar was very authentic sounding. Excellent would be another word for it. cool

But it's gonna take far more than just one sound from one particular sound category to nudge people to open their wallets and fork over $4,000 though. I'm really surprised the Korg website is still vacant of any factory produced demos for the Pa3x. If Korg's not careful people could start to lose interest in the Pa3x as the NAMM hype has already died down somewhat and before you know it either Roland or some other keyboard company could introduce something at Musikmesse that will divert attention away from the Pa3x and toward the new product(s) from Roland or whoever. Wouldn't that be a kicker? wink Stranger things have happened although not to say that it will mind you. wink Roland is due for another high-end arranger as we know though. Ketron could surprise everyone too. But Ketron could also be very low on "money" for the necessary R&D that would be needed to replace the Audya's obsolete USB 1.1 amongst other technical oddities and limitations inherent on the Audya. Miniscule amounts of memory is another example. frown We are in the 21st century aren't we? wink

All the best,
Mike

It could possibly be that NAMM 2011 was a litmus test for teh PA3x just to see what people would say........then KORG will go back to the Lab and make tweaks here and there to make this unit more marketable against its main competition the Tyros4....nothing wrong with that as long as the final outcome is a great products that people will eventually buy.

#316880 - 02/18/11 01:43 PM Re: Pa3x Guitar Demo [Re: Saswick]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
For starters, I think the vast majority of players are FAR more patient than the few here that absolutely CANNOT wait for an official release and official demos. I still have to wonder about how dissatisfied some of us must be with what we currently have, for all this feverish new model speculation and anticipation to be so prevalent...

Secondly (and my Hungarian - is that what it is? - is non-existent) this could quite easily be a demo of a third-party sample set for ANY Korg arranger (or WS that loads the same format) and they are just using the latest model # to avoid convincing people it's for the old one. That Google translation seems to indicate it is an expansion set...

And thirdly, it just once again goes to show, when it comes to guitar samples, it's the PLAYING that makes or breaks it. I am sure that, in 99% of OUR hands here (mine included!) it would sound no better than what we already have.

I am FAR more interested in hearing demos of the PA3X's improved Guitar Mode, that can be used in the style section, not some incredibly gifted guitar emulation on a RH sound that is quite likely a sample load.

#316888 - 02/18/11 02:09 PM Re: Pa3x Guitar Demo [Re: keybplayer]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: keybplayer

Read my post above.....

#316890 - 02/18/11 02:12 PM Re: Pa3x Guitar Demo [Re: Diki]
miden Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki

I am FAR more interested in hearing demos of the PA3X's improved Guitar Mode, that can be used in the style section, not some incredibly gifted guitar emulation on a RH sound that is quite likely a sample load.

It can still only be used in the CREATION of styles Diki. There is no option to play it live. Vis-a Vis the G70. Just as the G70 cannot allow its guitar mode to be used in styles??!!

Weird stuff!!

The guitar mode has more guitar strums, and more guitar types, but that's about it. Its operation is still the same.

Dennis

#316899 - 02/18/11 03:11 PM Re: Pa3x Guitar Demo [Re: Saswick]
Diki Offline

But, when you use it to make styles (or the factory guys do), they still have the same features, don't they?

What I'm talking about is, the accurate guitar voicings in Guitar mode are used when it is used in a style?

Roland, although the guitar voicings were accurate in Guitar Mode, once you made a style from it, the normal NTT's took over, and you no longer had proper guitar voicing, or the ability to have higher neck positions played as you went up the NTA section.

I was under the understanding that Korg's system still triggered the Guitar Mode voicings, which is what I wanted Roland's to do in the first place.

Am I misinformed?

#316904 - 02/18/11 03:23 PM Re: Pa3x Guitar Demo [Re: Saswick]
miden Offline

Ahh, okay now I see where you are. You are correct, the voicings, strums and/or picking etc etc are carried over and saved into the style.

Dennis

#316906 - 02/18/11 03:30 PM Re: Pa3x Guitar Demo [Re: Saswick]
Diki Offline

Roland were idiots for not completing this step. A Guitar Mode that you can ONLY play realtime is of no use whatsoever to an arranger player!

Weird thing is, Roland finally introduced the ONE essential feature that would have made it work (multiple non-transposing 'drum' Parts, so strum and picking patterns did not get transposed as you played) but only on Prelude/GW-8 and later, by which time they had already dropped the feature.

You could make a REVOLUTIONARY new arranger from all the great Roland arranger features they have dropped!

#316910 - 02/18/11 03:33 PM Re: Pa3x Guitar Demo [Re: Diki]
miden Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki

You could make a REVOLUTIONARY new arranger from all the great Roland arranger features they have dropped!

Now, ain't THAT the truth!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online