SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#316301 - 02/12/11 10:09 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
FransN, all that tweaking means, is they are setting up the PA3 for the German market only...Using all the existing styles and sounds that are part of the FINISHED PA3x....

ALthough I must say the German market must be HUGE for them to do this specifically for them..

How about one setup for Oz playing laugh ? Maybe with a wind controller that will blow the didge (or didgeridoo for our non-Oz folk wink )

Oh and a stubbie holder...vital for any performer out here smile

#316306 - 02/12/11 11:49 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: FransN]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
i gave my opinion of the yamaha sounds on the same basis by listening to youtube videos on low quality hand held Camera recordings. Sometimes they were good quality and sometimes not in terms of the method of recording. I dont see any post from you saying that i cant give opinions on the sound based upon any of these recordings and non of the yamaha fans have said my opinion is not valid.

Tellingly ,neither has ANYONE said that the sound on these poor recorings of the T4 made the T4 sound poor. Quite the contrary actually.

Its only when i made them in relation to the Korg.....

So are my comments and my freedom to express an opinion only limited to other manufacturers products so long as it isnt Korg Fransn ?

Listen Fransn, i love Korg products just like you and my opinion is my opinion just like your opinion is your opinion. The difference is that i am not restricting my judgement based upon the manufacturer i favour. Neither am i telling you that your opinion is invalid just because you use the same criteria i.e cam ocrder rrecordings to express an opinion.If you love Korg then my words wont change that will it ?

And no one will buy or choose not to buy a keyboard based upon my opinions , that would be quite foolish right. I dont think you quite get what a discussion forum is about :-) (i am just playing with you Fransn)

Go ahead and buy the PA3X if you want to.

All i know is that i have heard the T4 in the same way i hear the Pa3x and in every demo whether on cam corder,in a formal presentation, or retailers just jamming, on a busy shop floor or in peoples homes the sound is quite frankly astonishing.

I am not the only person to have reached that concusion Fransn just from youtube crappy Cam corder recordings.

Edited by spalding1968 (02/13/11 12:01 AM)

#316312 - 02/13/11 02:32 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: FransN]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: FransN

Well the Tyros 4 sound as the Tyros 3 with some improvements. Why judge Korg if they do the same as Yamaha. I don't care if it sound like the PA2X because I already love that sound. But now with all the extra's on the PA3x it is a bargain comparing with the Tyros 4.

I recently had a chance to demo both a T4 and a T3 for a few hours...

I personally think the upgrade from T3 to T4 in sound quallity (espescially drums and styles) is huge. Its the biggest sttep Yamaha has taken since probably PSR 7000 to PSR 8000. Next to that the SA/SA2 voices are probably the best thing availble for emulating accoustic instruments in any piece of hardware available... While i tought PA2X was a better instrument then T3 (i really love the indepth edditing of sounds in KORG arrangers), things have changed with the T4. But when you just compare tech specs There isn't much difference between T3 and T4.

Now noboddy knows how much upgrade the sounds from PA2X have had in teh PA3X, all people are saying that they haven't really heard the difference yet from the Youtube video's.

We just need to wayt to see if soundquallity of the PA3X comes close to the T4, i for one have my doubts judging the quallity what the internet has shown us so far.

Early April i will report back on this after vissiting the Musik Messe.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#316319 - 02/13/11 08:33 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Bachus]
miden Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: FransN

Well the Tyros 4 sound as the Tyros 3 with some improvements. Why judge Korg if they do the same as Yamaha. I don't care if it sound like the PA2X because I already love that sound. But now with all the extra's on the PA3x it is a bargain comparing with the Tyros 4.

I personally think the upgrade from T3 to T4 in sound quallity (espescially drums and styles) is huge. Its the biggest sttep Yamaha has taken since probably PSR 7000 to PSR 8000. Next to that the SA/SA2 voices are probably the best thing availble for emulating accoustic instruments in any piece of hardware available... While i tought PA2X was a better instrument then T3 (i really love the indepth edditing of sounds in KORG arrangers), things have changed with the T4. But when you just compare tech specs There isn't much difference between T3 and T4.

Now noboddy knows how much upgrade the sounds from PA2X have had in teh PA3X, all people are saying that they haven't really heard the difference yet from the Youtube video's.

We just need to wayt to see if soundquallity of the PA3X comes close to the T4, i for one have my doubts judging the quallity what the internet has shown us so far.

Early April i will report back on this after vissiting the Musik Messe.

Thanks Bachus. A first hand, non-company report will be appreciated. See if you can also get some "hands-on time", as well as taking in the Korg demonstrations..

Not long now...

#316321 - 02/13/11 08:57 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bachus

I personally think the upgrade from T3 to T4 in sound quallity (espescially drums and styles) is huge. Its the biggest sttep Yamaha has taken since probably PSR 7000 to PSR 8000. Next to that the SA/SA2 voices are probably the best thing availble for emulating accoustic instruments in any piece of hardware available...
But when you just compare tech specs There isn't much difference between T3 and T4.

I agree with you completely, Bachus...I have played both the T3 and T4 side by side, and there is a fairly significant difference in sound quality...I had a Tyros3 here for over a year and got used to the sound...I now have the Tyros4 about 10 days, although I heard the difference almost immediately. The Tyros4 also sounds superb, right out of the box, with no tweaking.

And, you're right, looking at the specs, there doesn't appear to be much difference...but, sonically, there is...of course, this is my personal opinion having played both instruments extensively.

I also agree it was about the same significant step as it was from the PSR-7000 to PSR-8000...also a good analogy on your part, as the two instruments were so much alike cosmetically, as are Tyros3 and Tyros4.

Ian

#316323 - 02/13/11 09:16 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: ianmcnll]
miden Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
looking at the specs, there doesn't appear to be much difference...but, sonically, there is...of course, this is my personal opinion having played both instruments extensively.

Same for the difference between the Motif XS and XF, on paper, apart from the Flash Ram, not much appeared to different.

But sound wise, there is a world of difference.

This is what I am now starting to anticipate will be the same with the PA3. Styles, for example, will have the same name, but sound radically different....

Time will tell for sure.

Dennis

#316327 - 02/13/11 09:50 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
looking at the specs, there doesn't appear to be much difference...but, sonically, there is...of course, this is my personal opinion having played both instruments extensively.

Same for the difference between the Motif XS and XF, on paper, apart from the Flash Ram, not much appeared to different.

But sound wise, there is a world of difference.

This is what I am now starting to anticipate will be the same with the PA3. Styles, for example, will have the same name, but sound radically different....

Time will tell for sure.

Dennis

I hope KORG also builds a nice STYLE Library akin to Yamaha's premium styles ...so you can get high quality styles for all your needs also....conversion don't work too well on Korg units ....the constant searching and converting always put me off with all my Korg arrangers,....it seems right now with all the info we have at our disposal......that the Tyros 4 has it in sound & Korg has it in features...this could change when we finally hear what the Pa3x can do at Musikmesse & beyond, I for one hope the step up the game big time as I Love the Pa3x features for live performance tremendously.

Edited by Dnj (02/13/11 09:51 AM)

#316338 - 02/13/11 11:30 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: miden]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: miden
FransN, all that tweaking means, is they are setting up the PA3 for the German market only...Using all the existing styles and sounds that are part of the FINISHED PA3x....

ALthough I must say the German market must be HUGE for them to do this specifically for them..

How about one setup for Oz playing laugh ? Maybe with a wind controller that will blow the didge (or didgeridoo for our non-Oz folk wink )

Oh and a stubbie holder...vital for any performer out here smile

Yes I know I own the PA500 Musikant.

#316339 - 02/13/11 11:36 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: spalding1968]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: spalding1968
i gave my opinion of the yamaha sounds on the same basis by listening to youtube videos on low quality hand held Camera recordings. Sometimes they were good quality and sometimes not in terms of the method of recording. I dont see any post from you saying that i cant give opinions on the sound based upon any of these recordings and non of the yamaha fans have said my opinion is not valid.

Tellingly ,neither has ANYONE said that the sound on these poor recorings of the T4 made the T4 sound poor. Quite the contrary actually.

Its only when i made them in relation to the Korg.....

So are my comments and my freedom to express an opinion only limited to other manufacturers products so long as it isnt Korg Fransn ?

Listen Fransn, i love Korg products just like you and my opinion is my opinion just like your opinion is your opinion. The difference is that i am not restricting my judgement based upon the manufacturer i favour. Neither am i telling you that your opinion is invalid just because you use the same criteria i.e cam ocrder rrecordings to express an opinion.If you love Korg then my words wont change that will it ?

And no one will buy or choose not to buy a keyboard based upon my opinions , that would be quite foolish right. I dont think you quite get what a discussion forum is about :-) (i am just playing with you Fransn)

Go ahead and buy the PA3X if you want to.

All i know is that i have heard the T4 in the same way i hear the Pa3x and in every demo whether on cam corder,in a formal presentation, or retailers just jamming, on a busy shop floor or in peoples homes the sound is quite frankly astonishing.

I am not the only person to have reached that concusion Fransn just from youtube crappy Cam corder recordings.

I only mean you can't decide the quality of a keyboard by listening to lousy youtube videos. That's all. THE END

#316351 - 02/13/11 01:51 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think that, if you are intimately familiar with a piece of kit, small changes will be more exaggerated than to the less familiar listener. To be honest, as a non-Yamaha user, the differences between the T3 and T4 are FAR subtler, from what I have heard so far (including Yamaha's demos) than Ian perceives.

Now, that is NOT to say they aren't there, just that you need a fair amount of familiarity just to hear them.

I can hear differences between E80 and G70 renditions fairly well. I doubt many non-Roland users could, though. To a Korg user, to a Yamaha user, a Roland is a Roland is a Roland...

To a non-Korg user, I expect the same problems. Differences are subtle. I am reserving my final opinion on this arranger until Korg officially release it, then, being Korg and not Yamaha (!) I would expect maybe two or three years FURTHER refinement as OS upgrades and sound tweaks get released. Korg's don't get released set in stone like Yamaha's do. DNC itself was an update to an arranger that didn't have it. Sure didn't see anything LIKE that from Yamaha.

And Korg's voice editing is down to the sample itself. So, unlike some other arrangers, if the sound doesn't QUITE suit you, at least you have the opportunity to correct it, or load in someone else's edited voice.

Once your sounds and styles are in RAM rather than ROM, a lot of the rules change...

But, for anyone without a Korg right now, just as with every other arranger manufacturer (what WAS the last arranger that was a RADICAL departure from the previous model?), don't be surprised that you can't hear MUCH difference. Few of us can hear it in YOURS, either...

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online