SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#316561 - 02/15/11 11:40 AM Re: I love this Technics Forum community [Re: bruno123]
peter b Offline

Loc: nottinghamshire, UK
Hi Nigel.
I am one who left the technics area in 2004. I am pleased to be back with my KN7000 as after I have tried the others (Y'S) and I think the KN7 is a better all round keyboard, more user friendly and better value. It does seem a pity that there are not many UK based technics players on this forum. There are still a lot of technics owners over here but they don't make themselves known.

Regards to all
Peter B

#316597 - 02/15/11 04:20 PM Re: I love this Technics Forum community [Re: Nigel]
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I just repurchased a KN2600 and I am having a great time getting re-acquainted with it. I sold all 5 of my Technics boards when they pulled the plug. I am also watching for a KN7000 to buy or trade for in the us that isn't way over priced.
Bebop Bill

#316646 - 02/16/11 01:15 AM Re: I love this Technics Forum community [Re: Nigel]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Allan, as you are a Tasmaniac you have a legitimate excuse for selling your Technics, and Bebop, the scarcity of Kn7000's is why the price should be a secondary consideration.
I can remember some years ago when you got the T1 and how impressed you were. Aha!!! what say you now? lol!!
Nigel, the behaviour on this site is only to be expected from those who contribute.
Your comments are thankfully received and faithfully applied
Ray

#316726 - 02/17/11 01:09 AM Re: I love this Technics Forum community [Re: The Saint]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Ray, Ahhh yes, I am originally from NSW so I am an import here, since 1994. I miss the old girl so much, but would love one of the later ones - true classic keyboard now. They have become a cult image I think, in some ways.

taz

Allan

#317047 - 02/20/11 08:43 AM Re: I love this Technics Forum community [Re: Nigel]
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi There - Nigel - Thank you - what a compliment to us Techies - and what "friends" most of who I have yet to meet I have found on this forum.

I have spent the last couple of hours trying to do one or two what I consider simple things on my Tyros3 - what a frustrating time that has been - fortunately I have a KN7000 also so I can now go and have a session on that without even have to think about it!!!!

Keep up the good work Nigel - you are an essential part of our daily lives and I know that I speak for the rest of us - Joan

#317061 - 02/20/11 10:06 AM Re: I love this Technics Forum community [Re: The Saint]
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Originally Posted By: The Saint
Allan, as you are a Tasmaniac you have a legitimate excuse for selling your Technics, and Bebop, the scarcity of Kn7000's is why the price should be a secondary consideration.
I can remember some years ago when you got the T1 and how impressed you were. Aha!!! what say you now? lol!!
Nigel, the behaviour on this site is only to be expected from those who contribute.
Your comments are thankfully received and faithfully applied
Ray

HI Ray,
I bought the tyros 2 not the tyros 1 and I still like it as much as I ever did. I also bought the Roland E 80 but don't play it near as much.
Price is my criteria as I don't need to have a kN7000 but would buy one if the price was equatable. The KN2600 I just picked up on a price deal is most of what the KN7000 is anyway and plays all it's software and songs that I still have so I am happy with it.k
Bebop

#317095 - 02/20/11 02:12 PM Re: I love this Technics Forum community [Re: BEBOP]
peter b Offline

Loc: nottinghamshire, UK
Hi Joan.
Nice to know you still look in on this forum. After a spell with the Ty2, I have now come back to the KN7 and very pleased I did.
Can't justify having 2 keyboards anyway.

Regards
Peter B

#317111 - 02/20/11 04:14 PM Re: I love this Technics Forum community [Re: bruno123]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I second everything you chaps are saying about this Forum. Some of you will know I now have another make of keyboard and naturally joined their Forum (mainly to get help with their unbelievable OS) sometimes, I am quite shocked at some of the postings. At times, it is like squabbling children "mine is better than yours" "no it isn't" etc. that type of thing - I'm sure you get my point.

This Forum has always been courteous and friendly and I have learned a great deal over the years from its members, not only about the Technics keyboards but accessories, styles, registrations, sheet music etc.

Of course, occasionally we disagree but if it shows any sign of becoming 'distasteful' Nigel has the gift of quietly dealing with it, usually with a sense of humour and there lies the secret - you can always break up an argument and keep it friendly if you make 'em laugh'. My husband is an expert suddenly coming out with the odd 'quip' and making everyone giggle, which is one of the reasons we have been together for so long.

Thank you for everything Nigel and long may this Forum reign supreme.

Audrey

#317130 - 02/20/11 07:35 PM Re: I love this Technics Forum community [Re: Audrey Turner]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I wish everyone was like you guys ... life would be so much simpler lol.

#317152 - 02/21/11 06:57 AM Re: I love this Technics Forum community [Re: BEBOP]
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Bebop,I also have a KN2600 which I love and I play it more often than my KN7000. I bought it because it is much lighter than the KN7000 when I occaisionly play it at my keyboard club. I would be interested to hear any comments you have on it.Derek

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online