SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#316263 - 02/12/11 11:03 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

I have yet been able to watch a SEEMLESS performance using the CS in real time during a song using styles.....I hope KORG will show it off during a real time playing a song with out any glitches.

#316264 - 02/12/11 11:18 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Scottyee]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: miden

It IS a finished product. About the only thing Korg could do, would be to add a few more factory "bonus" styles for launch, and maybe some additonal DNC user sounds.
They will need to "hang their hat" on something like those additions, or similar
+2

Market the Pa3X's new 'chord sequencer' to death, and Diki, and perhaps me too rocker , will buy it!

Yes Scott I agree..I forgot that one in my post. The CS could be the ONE feature that will get the PA3 over the line...Nothing else so far in my view, has even hinted at a compelling reason to upgrade/buy as a new user.

Dennis

#316276 - 02/12/11 12:52 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The thing that surprises me, and the thing that leads me to the conclusions I have made so far, is that I honestly don't recall hearing ONE new style yet... I think that pretty much most of the NAMM videos were doing older styles I had heard. Nor did I hear a BUNCH of new sounds, a few DNC, but hardly enough to warrant a doubling of the ROM. But doubled is what Korg say they have done.

Now, it's POSSIBLE that Korg hired a few demonstrators, and then completely forgot to tell them which were the new styles and sounds... But do you honestly think that is LIKELY? rolleyes

Plus, anyone convinced you can get a PA3X NOW, call up one of these stores, and tell them that you want one TOMORROW. Let me know if even one is willing to ship (and you actually trust them!)...

#316279 - 02/12/11 02:32 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
the SV1 piano sample and the EP sample probably made up the most part of the 'Doubling of the rom'. Korg did the same thing with the triton series where they used half the rom for one decent piano. The numbers game is just that...a game. Yamaha did the same with the XF over the motif XS but you would be hard pressed to 'hear ' a difference considering all that extra memory.

Diki there were lots of new styles in the PA3X demo ,for example there was 'Tower of Power', 'Boogie guitar' ' dont go changing 'and there were a handful of DNC sounds that we have not heard before . For example ,an electric guitar DNC that was mediocre to say the least , a human soprano voice using DNC saying ahhh and a violin using DNC that sounded lame compared to the yamaha. There was also a useable sax and trumpet all using DNC . There was also was a very decent clarinet,harmonica , classical guitar and flute that sounded pretty good but not in the same league as the yammy Sa or SA2 equivalent voices.

You might have missed them as the demos themselves were so poor or you simply did not notice them as they did not stand out and blow you away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJOGzgexDMQ&feature=related
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhQ3YShxrUU&feature=related
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWklhYq4Ttk

no one is suggesting anyone in the USA or west can get PA3X now but in eastern europe i believe they are already available. For example there is talk on the Korg forum that it has been released in Turkey already.

Edited by spalding1968 (02/12/11 02:37 PM)

#316285 - 02/12/11 03:48 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: spalding1968]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
People read this on the german forum. If you can't read German just use translation software. Jurgen one of the people working on the PA3X Musikant mentioned that the PA3X both international as the German version aren't ready yet.

They are still busy optimizing the sounds and styles so just wait for the release instead of saying all these negative things.

http://foren.musik-meyer.net/korg/index.php?t=msg&th=9371&goto=39790&#msg_39790

Edited by FransN (02/12/11 03:54 PM)

#316286 - 02/12/11 04:00 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: spalding1968]
FransN Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
the SV1 piano sample and the EP sample probably made up the most part of the 'Doubling of the rom'. Korg did the same thing with the triton series where they used half the rom for one decent piano. The numbers game is just that...a game. Yamaha did the same with the XF over the motif XS but you would be hard pressed to 'hear ' a difference considering all that extra memory.

Diki there were lots of new styles in the PA3X demo ,for example there was 'Tower of Power', 'Boogie guitar' ' dont go changing 'and there were a handful of DNC sounds that we have not heard before . For example ,an electric guitar DNC that was mediocre to say the least , a human soprano voice using DNC saying ahhh and a violin using DNC that sounded lame compared to the yamaha. There was also a useable sax and trumpet all using DNC . There was also was a very decent clarinet,harmonica , classical guitar and flute that sounded pretty good but not in the same league as the yammy Sa or SA2 equivalent voices.

You might have missed them as the demos themselves were so poor or you simply did not notice them as they did not stand out and blow you away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJOGzgexDMQ&feature=related
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhQ3YShxrUU&feature=related
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWklhYq4Ttk

no one is suggesting anyone in the USA or west can get PA3X now but in eastern europe i believe they are already available. For example there is talk on the Korg forum that it has been released in Turkey already.

Did you hear these sounds and styles live or on a video?

#316288 - 02/12/11 04:35 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
They were heard on the video just like i hear the tyros sounds on the video and the casio sounds and the kronos sounds and the motif sounds. Where did you hear these sounds ?

Edited by spalding1968 (02/12/11 04:35 PM)

#316292 - 02/12/11 05:02 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: FransN]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: FransN

They are still busy optimizing the sounds and styles

It's one thing to be developing new sounds and styles vs merely 'optimizing' existing sounds and styles already in the Pa3X.

Though I wasn't there in person, I've got the original full HD uncompressed master video footage that my friend Tapas shot live 'in person', and he came to the same conclusion that sound wise, the Pa3X didn't sound much (if at all) different than the Pa2X. Short of Korg creating at least some 'new' sounds and styles, I doubt any amount of tweaking is going to dramatically change the sound that much. That said, I keep remaining hopeful because there are features like the chord sequencer and songbook that hold my interest in the Pa3x.

#316294 - 02/12/11 06:22 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: spalding1968]
FransN Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
They were heard on the video just like i hear the tyros sounds on the video and the casio sounds and the kronos sounds and the motif sounds. Where did you hear these sounds ?

Then how can you give your opinion on the sounds. These videos sucks and are of very low quality. You can't judge an keyboard on these videos. The quality of the videos of the Tyros 4 are much better. You can give your opinion at the moment the videos of the PA3X have the same quality as these of Yamaha. About 2 a 3 months I think.

#316295 - 02/12/11 06:28 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Scottyee]
FransN Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee

They are still busy optimizing the sounds and styles

It's one thing to be developing new sounds and styles vs merely 'optimizing' existing sounds and styles already in the Pa3X.

Though I wasn't there in person, I've got the original full HD uncompressed master video footage that my friend Tapas shot live 'in person', and he came to the same conclusion that sound wise, the Pa3X didn't sound much (if at all) different than the Pa2X. Short of Korg creating at least some 'new' sounds and styles, I doubt any amount of tweaking is going to dramatically change the sound that much. That said, I keep remaining hopeful because there are features like the chord sequencer and songbook that hold my interest in the Pa3x.

Well the Tyros 4 sound as the Tyros 3 with some improvements. Why judge Korg if they do the same as Yamaha. I don't care if it sound like the PA2X because I already love that sound. But now with all the extra's on the PA3x it is a bargain comparing with the Tyros 4.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online