SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#316109 - 02/10/11 09:12 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Lee it will be the same as the PA1 and PA2. About 2-3 weeks out, the press releases will start appearing on Korgpa.com

#316131 - 02/10/11 10:03 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Hi Diki as quoted "Look, wait for the official release. I would hate to hear how Yamaha would have got the same criticism if demo'd before even the new styles were in it, or the new SA2 sounds finalized...

Korg have DOUBLED the sound ROM. That has GOT to count for something, surely? If little of that has made it to a demo, it's obvious it is still being tweaked.

Let's just hold our horses, and perhaps cut the Korg the same slack we would cut Yamaha, eh?!
end quote"

Korg are thier own worst enemies, Yamaha would never have done a pathetic release as they did at NAMM, and have never released a board unfinished, I remember the PA2X teasers, go back into the history of the forums, I think the release was a kneejerk reaction to the positive outcomes of the T4 ie, "dont buy wait till you see ours" and then the comment "its not finished yet" looks to me its for sale in about two countries so far, or did they mean they will be upgrading along the way, as they did with the PA2x? as was commented, I hope this is a wow release for Korg. Right now even with the memory doubled it sort of sounds about the same as PA2X, as I commented before KRONOS was a new beginning, i'm thinking PA3X is more of the same so far

#316142 - 02/10/11 11:07 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
a release is a release. The PA3X is finished. I have no idea where people are getting the idea that it will be tweaked or new styles added. The instrument is already on sale in some countries. What we have heard so far is how the instrument sounds. If Korg had better sounds in their back pocket or better styles they would have put them in the keyboard FIRST and then demoed the hell out of them to get people intersted . Then pad out the rest of the instrument with the not so good stuff put the good stuff in at a later date as some sort of surprise !!!. Good luck if you think it will sound much different in the coming weeks/ months to what we heard already .

#316145 - 02/10/11 11:43 PM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
When the PA800 and PA2x came out, they came in for heavy criticism on sounds and styles, however after a couple of months they bought out a software upgrade which bought them to a whole new level, almost unrecognisable from the original. (How they should have been when released)

The Audya was released onto the market with great aplomb; however it wasn’t until later after a software upgrade, that it became the keyboard it should have been on release.

When the G70 was launched it was derided by everybody except die hard Roland fans, however after the V2 software upgrade it moved to a whole new level, and easily matched or bettered the rest of the boards out there, again as it should have been at launch.

Only Yamaha seems to get it virtually spot on at launch.

Therefore going by the above examples, the chances of the PA3x being anything other than an unfinished product is pretty remote, particularly has it has not been officially launched yet.

Bill

#316155 - 02/11/11 03:14 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Scottyee]
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

it's a quick introduction/ presentation of all the main features of product. That's how we do it in Italy...it's not a demo.

I can understand it seems a bit weird. Letting people hear the sounds would make far more sense. No one buys an expensive keyboard without hearing it in detail, first.

This kind of video usually has some other longer videos that follows it.

Yeah it would make sense to just get to the longer video without beating around the bush too much.

Edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (02/11/11 03:16 AM)

#316158 - 02/11/11 03:18 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Robbo]
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Originally Posted By: Robbo

Korg have DOUBLED the sound ROM.

nothing special about it. That's the very least they had to do. I was expecting more. Their Kronos went far beyond just adding 100 mb more ROM...

#316166 - 02/11/11 04:48 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I'm sure the new Pa3x release has EVERYTHING to do with reliability. The Pa2xpro had many issues with LED's burning out.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#316179 - 02/11/11 08:15 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Al,
The PA2XPRO had very few issues with LED's. One shipment of bad boards caused it. They replaced everyone they knew about. Some contry's do privide better support at the distributor level so some folks were dissapointed in the response, but most country's got right on it. Korg US did a good job. My nly real cririsism is some folks had to wait far to long for parts from Korg.
My PA2XPRO has been perfect, with no HW issues at all.

It did take them too long to discover the root cause of the issues that did arise on the LED's, but then they took care of it. I'm not defending them, but it could happen (and does( to any MFG.

#316181 - 02/11/11 09:32 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: spalding1968]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: spalding1968
a release is a release. The PA3X is finished. I have no idea where people are getting the idea that it will be tweaked or new styles added. The instrument is already on sale in some countries. What we have heard so far is how the instrument sounds. If Korg had better sounds in their back pocket or better styles they would have put them in the keyboard FIRST and then demoed the hell out of them to get people intersted . Then pad out the rest of the instrument with the not so good stuff put the good stuff in at a later date as some sort of surprise !!!. Good luck if you think it will sound much different in the coming weeks/ months to what we heard already .

Hmm which countries you mean and which sound. Sofar I haven't play a Pa3X to know how he sound. Like I said before you can't judge a keyboard on those lousy videos.

#316182 - 02/11/11 09:54 AM Re: Pa3x new video for all Italians [Re: Saswick]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I agree with people that Korg really flubbed the PA3X NAMM presentation with its less than stellar introduction of the PA3X in my opinion. Sounds are the 'number one' priority to me when it comes to deciding what keyboard to purchase. Either the PA3X demonstrators were told by Korg NOT to play its most cherished sounds (to work up slowly to a level of excitement to when it's finally released in April) and/or the PA3X is still in a beta stage and regardless of any of the sounds they did happen to play it wouldn't have made any difference - because they are ALL less than stellar sounding because of the PA3X's current beta status perhaps?? In other words, if the entire "sound engine" is messed up i.e. it's not yet up to a satisfactory level of proficiency, then less than stellar sounds are the only thing available to it right now as a result, and what we have heard so far because of its beta status and messed up (un-tuned) OS perhaps. Once the OS is "tuned" to perfection (by April???) then everybody will go ga-ga over it once the word gets out that... yeah, the PA3X really does sound good... contrary to popular opinion and what you heard from the demos at winter NAMM. wink lol >> Stranger things have happened although Korg should have really tried better to get the OS in shape "before" NAMM actually commenced. Hindsight is always 20/20 I guess huh? wink

Now if the OS on the PA3X is indeed already tuned to perfection - then NAMM is theoretically as good as its gonna get perhaps - and a lot of people left in discouragement and dismay possibly. Time will tell.

All the best,
Mike

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online