SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#314802 - 02/01/11 03:55 AM I could only see half the audience
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I am using an Apex stand with two levels, one for my Kn7 and one for my laptop.
This past Saturday I was asked to play up on the stage, it was an abnormally high stage. When I set up I found that the Laptop was directly in front of my view of the audience on my right side. I could not make the stand any higher – standing was out of the question. They danced, applauded and gave positive beautiful feedback, some complained about not being able to see me. The people were right. At one time I had memorized everything I played, that is no longer possible at my age it is going the other way.
How would you avoid this problem? How do you set up your keyboard and your music?
John C.

#314822 - 02/01/11 06:17 AM Re: I could only see half the audience [Re: bruno123]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
On the wire standard frame in front of me fronted by a sheet of 3 ply painted black - but then I stand up to play so I can see the tomatoes being thrown...chuckle.

#315058 - 02/02/11 05:28 PM Re: I could only see half the audience [Re: bruno123]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
John.... Can you shorten the legs on the music rack that fits into the 7K? Or maybe do some bending of that rack?

In order to avoid hitting the 7K screen-board when I turn pages I put a piece of wood on the rack to raise the music book which also makes it nearly impossible to see my audience, except for those who are awake and to my right or left in their wheelchairs!

When I played at the Sr. Center, on stage, I had the same challenge you are having.... I lowered the stand the 7K sits on... that works too....I understand the "too old to stand up" part....

Hpppy playing! Elizabeth

#315960 - 02/09/11 06:39 PM Re: I could only see half the audience [Re: etwo4788]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Elizabeth,
I use a laptop for all my music and midi files. Normally I can see over the laptop – it may block about 20% of my vision. When I was using the Tyros 2 I had the laptop ¾ of the way over to the right giving me a full view. I do hate to play with the keyboard too low.

John C.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online