SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#325357 - 05/29/11 06:01 PM Re: Lowest price on Audya5? [Re: Christian_1]
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
I opted for keeping my older "Reliable" X4 in the end

And I added a new to the market midi player to my arsenal-also made in Italy but much more user friendly than the audya-definitely the best decision I ever made as it sounds way better and the support is second to none if you have a question or a problem they are there on live chat anytime to talk you through it. And a much more LIVE sounding set of different instruments on board

I'm Happy !!!

#325998 - 06/06/11 03:24 PM Re: Lowest price on Audya5? [Re: Christian_1]
Rusty 999 Offline

I also meant to mention that I was reliably informed by someone who definitely knows the inside track with Ketron that the reason the X4 s are blowing fuses is that the power supply has been mounted too high in the casing and is causing a short that causes the fuse to blow. I was advised to open up the unit and put in a strip between the top of the power socket and the casing to insulate it but I ended up selling the 2nd module anyway . The first one was the faulty one and they had replaced it for me but i would always be nervous that the same thing would start happening again so I made the decision --correct decision with hindsight--to go a different route for peace of mind and reliability.

#326200 - 06/09/11 12:28 AM Re: Lowest price on Audya5? [Re: Tony Hughes]
Rusty 999 Offline

[quote=Tony Hughes]Rusty,

I don't think you will ever get your money back once you have bought a KB bummer, I don't know if anyone else has ever done it, bet its a first and last. Skude never managed it and his pain still goes on , take notice of TWD always buy it from a local dealer, the problem was Skude got seduced with the Audya when he was over in the States so don't blame him. It's a bit of pain when you will perhaps never find out what caused it, it could simply be a bad component.
Tony [quote]

[color:#3333FF]Not a bad component Tony, but a bad design flaw actually and this was pointed out to me by a top man connected with ketron but who shall remain nameless for now, but he was able to tell me that ketron have fitted their power supply much too high and sometimes this causes the casing to come in contact with wiring and immediately blows the fuse. The only way to combat this is remove the cover and fit a insulating strip between the top of the power supply and the casing but of course if you do it yourself then your warranty is affected if you open up the audya. I still cant believe that ketron can get away with selling something that is basically an unfinished product and the customer is treated like an unpaid beta tester--that is of course until someone like AJ can clean up their mess--but at a cost of course but in my view that cost should be shouldered by ketron themselves and Ajs upgrade should be fitted in every unit sold. All you have to do is look at the list of faults he has corrected and then tell me they were entitled to release the audya to the market? I dont think so !!!
[/color]

Edited by Rusty 999 (06/09/11 12:30 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online