SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#315807 - 02/08/11 01:06 PM Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Wow, I'm totally amazed by the sheer number of (962 as of this morning) Tyros 4 demo videos now up on YouTube.
This is the first time I've ever seen so many videos being posted on a daily basis, of 'one specific' arranger keyboard model, of which includes live recordings by amateurs and pros alike.

Here are just the latest posted in just the last 24 hours alone.
If these and the hundreds of YouTube videos already posted don't convince you that Tyros 4's a fantastic sounding keyboard well worth purchasing, I doubt (short of playing one yourself) anything else will:

#315812 - 02/08/11 02:18 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

That amazing Scott thanx for the heads up buddy!

#315826 - 02/08/11 03:55 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Scott ... thnx for the links, but I have a question ... admittedly, not being in the market for a new KB, I have not paid much attention to all the T4 demos, but have there been many - any??? - that show the kb in a gigging situation? ... Of the videos you posted here, I can see only one - the Hora - being of any possible use - and limited at that - on a gig ...

BTW ... the young man playing the Hora has a good technique ... another question - the increase in tempo was seamless ... how is that done on the T4?
thnx

Edited by tony mads usa (02/08/11 03:57 PM)
Edit Reason: add the BTW

#315828 - 02/08/11 04:18 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I certainly don't remember the T3 getting this much up as fast...

Maybe now we can see a REASON why Yamaha replaced the T3 so quickly?

#315831 - 02/08/11 04:45 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Diki
I certainly don't remember the T3 getting this much up as fast...

Maybe now we can see a REASON why Yamaha replaced the T3 so quickly?

#315842 - 02/08/11 06:19 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
... another question - the increase in tempo was seamless ... how is that done on the T4? thnx

Tony, I would assume being his fingers arent hitting the tempo button, or that he has tempo increase assigned to a foot pedal pedal......or he has a few registrations setup with different tempos of the same exact style via pedal also..?

#315844 - 02/08/11 06:40 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Donny .. thnx ... I was thinking along the lines of a foot pedal as well ... not so much the registrations because the changes are rapid, but gradual ... neat idea, but not one I have use for ...

Edited by tony mads usa (02/08/11 06:42 PM)

#315853 - 02/08/11 08:24 PM re: Demo Hora Tyros 4 Video [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Tony, I would assume being his fingers aren't hitting the tempo button, or that he has tempo increase assigned to a foot pedal pedal......or he has a few registrations setup with different tempos of the same exact style via pedal also..?

Re: Demo Hora T4 Video #2

Actually, there was no footpedal involved in triggering the tempo increase.

At 1:01, though the player's left hand's mostly obscured, you can catch his left hand index finger quickly reaching to hit the tempo+ button (located directly above the lowest most KB octave). If you watch closely again, you can catch his left hand reach up again to activate the tempo + button at 1:10. smile

#315857 - 02/08/11 08:56 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: tony mads usa]
Scottyee Offline

have there been many - any??? - that show the kb in a gigging situation?

Tony, not sure what you're looking for, but here's a spontaneous gigging situation (albeit very amateurishly shot + poorly recorded audio) 14:49 min. video simply documenting a guy playing Tyros 4 for a party gig:

#315872 - 02/09/11 02:01 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
The more I hear the "shoo bee do" voices, the less I like them...

#315875 - 02/09/11 04:16 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Thanks Scott,

Man, after several days with this amazing instrument (a week tomorrow), I have to conclude it is by far, Yamaha's very best arranger to date.

I have downloaded the full set of Tyros2, Tyros3 and CVP-509 styles, so as to have some of the similar styles to the Tyros4 without the vocal patches added, and these downloaded styles actually sound better (in my opinion) than they do on the instruments from which they came. Plus, I now have, in essence, the souls of the T2/T3 and CVP-509 at my fingertips.

It is so cool to be able to accompany vocals using the SA vocal patches in the right hand, giving even better results than if they were in the style, Multi-Pads, or the VH-2 Harmonizer.

Speaking of Multi-pads, the Pop Ooh, Pop Aah, and other vocal phrases are amazing when added whilst playing a style, and they come in (and go out) perfectly, right on the measure...reminds me of the way the Eagles add the "Oohs" to the song "Take it Easy".

The Shoo Be Doo (and Shoo, Dwee,etc.) voices that some seem to be getting weary of (although, out of these same "some", only a few have actually played the T4), are really handy if you do Doo Wop (allowing you to accent/embellish your vocal with your RH) and are not on too many other arrangers that I'm aware of, and, really give your performance an edge unattainable with just a Vocal Harmony processor.

It is truly the "love child" of the sparkling sounding Tyros2, and the more robust (but less sparkling) Tyros3, having the best of each instrument's characteristics, and none of their minor drawbacks.

Another snow day , (I am glad I got extra supplies) and another day to spend lots of time on this incredible new arranger...the flagship of the flagships.

Just another observation...this is an instrument which would be more beneficial to a Tyros2 owner (as you have discovered), than one who has the Tyros3, although, the marked improvement, again, in my opinion, in overall "sweetness" from the T3 might sway a few owners of those instruments.

It definitely is a substantial upgrade from Tyros2.

I hope you are enjoying your Tyros4 as much as I am enjoying mine.

Ian

PS....thanks for all your interesting topics on the forum...they really gave this place a lift.

#315892 - 02/09/11 07:57 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Bill,
My take is use them when there would be a 'Shoo bee do' done if the gig was ALL live players.
I would prefer the 'Shoo' 'bee' 'do' be controllable with velocity! NOT automatic. (This area gets into why the Korg has so much more function, as many things can be controlled with VEL)

#315893 - 02/09/11 08:03 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Bill in Dayton Offline

I suspect I'll own a T4 at some point in the next few quarters, and YES...I'll probably use the "shoo be, doo bee" albeit sparingly.

I would be fearful of using them too often. I'm trying to think of something on the T2 that I could compare it to, but I can't come up with anything....at least not yet.

Maybe its just hearing them featured on so many of the you tube demos that has me cringing, I'm not sure...

#315895 - 02/09/11 08:21 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Ian,
Please explain the 'overall sweetness) thing you spoke about. Are you saying the T3 was overall sweeter than T4 or vice versa?
I did have a T2 but it's been a while.
Thanks,

#315898 - 02/09/11 08:44 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: leeboy]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: leeboy
Ian,
Please explain the 'overall sweetness) thing you spoke about. Are you saying the T3 was overall sweeter than T4 or vice versa?
I did have a T2 but it's been a while.
Thanks,

Hi Lee, I'll try to explain a little better what I meant...

The Tyros2 is "sweeter" sounding (more detailed) than the Tyros3...my opinion, but supported by others.

The Tyros3, on the other hand, has a more robust and heavier sound than the Tyros2 - some complained the T2 was not beefy enough (too CD like), and so the T3 was meant to add some density to the overall sound.

Then, some T3 owners missed the characteristics of the Tyros2, which were admittedly, a little difficult to dial in with EQ and Compressor, although most were able to get something they were happy with.

They (T2 and T3 owners) both wanted "Live" sounding drums.

The Tyros4 has the sweetness (detail) of the Tyros2, and also, it has the robustness of the Tyros3...in other words, it is the best of both worlds...and it has some extra "live" sounding drum kits.

I admit I am biased towards Yamaha (that's why I work for them...I like the sound and the product) but this Tyros4 is very impressive...if you are a Yamaha fan or appreciate Yamaha's OS and sound/styles/features, then you will probably love the Tyros4.

Sound is subjective and personal, as we both know...I wasn't ecstatic about the T3's sound, which is why I played the less robust but "sweeter" PSR-S910 most of the time, but the fellow who bought my old Tyros3 was thrilled at the sound and didn't want it changed in any way.

I hope this makes things more clear.

Ian

#315899 - 02/09/11 08:46 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Ian, Happy to hear you're enjoying the Tyros 4 very much, it is quite the beast that's for sure. keys

Bill, I think with many of the demos they've over done them by a long shot. At least for my taste. As been mentioned if they are used sparingly they add a nice touch. Out of all the voices on the Tyros4 I probably use the shoo bee doos and the doo wops the least and that's all because of the style of music I'm playing. You know mostly what our elders would have listened to........or maybe our grandparents. LOL

#315934 - 02/09/11 02:17 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Here's a nice Tyros 4 medley set played by DjMouse. Same guy as above.
Notice that he's still got his Tyros 3 in the house too. Any offers? wink

#315976 - 02/10/11 01:16 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland

I don't post very often, but I just had to show you this one!

Peter Baartmans is demoing in a music store somewhere in the US, sitting on a crummy chair with the Tyros sitting on a crummy stand, but the music is still really, really great. Peter never seems to have an off day and always shows great professional skills. This could easily be a terrible demo, considering the way it is recorded. But to me this is yet an other example that the Tyros 4 still sounds terrific even in a non factory impromptu demo, using only the camera microphone.

Peter also seems to explain the basic workings of an arranger keyboard to the store employees laugh

#315977 - 02/10/11 02:57 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Bill in Dayton Offline

I really enjoy his work...Thanks for posting this, Tom...

#315985 - 02/10/11 06:18 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Tom NL]
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

performing skills are always more important than any keyboard....

#315987 - 02/10/11 06:51 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Scott,
Question...on DJMouse's performance at 5:25 he uses the SA2 violin. Do I always have to have all that note sliding going on?
A lot of time I would just want NONE of that.
Smooth bowing with no jazzy stuff.
???
Thanks,

#315993 - 02/10/11 08:07 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Tom NL]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Tom NL

Peter Baartmans is demoing in a music store somewhere in the US, sitting on a crummy chair with the Tyros sitting on a crummy stand, but the music is still really, really great. Peter never seems to have an off day and always shows great professional skills. This could easily be a terrible demo, considering the way it is recorded. But to me this is yet an other example that the Tyros 4 still sounds terrific even in a non factory impromptu demo, using only the camera microphone.

Peter also seems to explain the basic workings of an arranger keyboard to the store employees laugh

Definitly one of the best Live demos of T4 to date. Can anyone honestly say there is a better sounding Arranger KB on the market today?....I don't IMO.

#315998 - 02/10/11 08:33 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Dnj]
Tom NL Offline

I never had a Yamaha product. My current arranger is a Korg PA2x-pro and I had a Roland G-70 before that. I was never really tempted by the previous Tyros versions, but I played a Tyros 4 for almost two hours in a music store a few weeks ago and.......totally fell in love. I mailed my usual store, got a great offer and ordered one. Delivery is expected within a week from now, maybe this weekend.

My only concern is the 61 keys as opposed to the 76 I had the last 6 years. But hey, it doesn't seem to hinder Peter Baartmans or Martin Harris, so who am I to complain? Anyway, I am really looking forward to getting my Ty4!!!

#315999 - 02/10/11 08:34 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: leeboy]
Scottyee Offline

on DJMouse's performance at 5:25 he uses the SA2 violin. Do I always have to have all that note sliding going on?

Lee, no worries. You can simply select from several other violin voice patches which don't include that effect. smile

#316000 - 02/10/11 08:47 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Tom NL]
Scottyee Offline

My only concern is the 61 keys as opposed to the 76 I had the last 6 years. But hey, it doesn't seem to hinder Peter Baartmans or Martin Harris, so who am I to complain? Anyway, I am really looking forward to getting my Ty4!!!

Tom, as one coming from a lifelong background as a trad 88 note classical piano player, I can understand your concern, but when I transitioned from piano to arranger, I simply learned to approach 61 note arranger playing differently than piano. Because the left hand is typically dedicated to triggering chords confined within an octave and a half (C1-F#2) that leaves 3-1/2 octaves available for the right hand, which is only a 1/2 octave less than from middle C to the top of an 88 note piano. Consider that fact.

Tom, congratulations on your purchase of a Tyros 4. I'm confident you're going to really enjoy it a lot. smile I certainly am enjoying mine tremendously. cool

#316001 - 02/10/11 08:48 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
on DJMouse's performance at 5:25 he uses the SA2 violin. Do I always have to have all that note sliding going on?

Lee, no worries. You can simply select from several other violin voice patches which don't include that effect. smile

Just to add to Scott's reply, the note sliding depends on the playing technique...legato playing, with a 7th to 1 octave interval produces portamento Up/Down.

I'm tickled with the two new SA2 violins, the SA2 Jazz Violin and the SA2 Celtic Violin...beautifully done!

Ian

#316002 - 02/10/11 08:57 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Scott, Ian,
OK I understand there are other violin voices ..BUT are they the quality of the SA2 one?
This would apply to the other SA2 voices too, If I don't want the SA2 articulations is there a way to turn it off or is there a equivelant voice that is the same quality without the automatic stuff happening?

#316003 - 02/10/11 09:06 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Tom NL]
ianmcnll Offline

I never had a Yamaha product. My current arranger is a Korg PA2x-pro and I had a Roland G-70 before that. I was never really tempted by the previous Tyros versions, but I played a Tyros 4 for almost two hours in a music store a few weeks ago and.......totally fell in love. I mailed my usual store, got a great offer and ordered one. Delivery is expected within a week from now, maybe this weekend.

Congratulations, Tom!

Like Scott, I am a piano player, and it wasn't too difficult to adjust to the 61 notes for arranger-type play. I just had to realize, that the arranger is not a piano...it has "piano sounds", but they are only a small portion of the hundreds of available sounds for the player to choose from.

I like what Scott said about available RH playing room..."3-1/2 octaves available for the right hand, which is only a 1/2 octave less than from middle C to the top of an 88 note piano."

Playing chords in the smaller available area, was another adjustment, but, again, not a big deal.

There are those who would have nothing less than a 76 note keyboard, but they will have to buy elsewhere, as Yamaha has pinned the 61-note only message to the mast of it's portable arranger flagship line, but, there are some excellent alternatives available, from other companies, to the person needing more than 5 Octaves.

I love the Tyros4, and the more I play it, the more impressed I am with the sound and features ...it's Yamaha's best arranger to date, in my opinion.

Again, congratulations on your new Tyros4.

Ian

#316024 - 02/10/11 10:36 AM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: ianmcnll]
Tom NL Offline

Scott, Ian, thank you!

Both your analysis make a lot of sense, I have gotten used to more room for my left hand chords than I actually need and I rarely play without styles. I had a Technics KN6000 in the past and had no problem with the 61 keys on that.

The fact that you and so many others are so very enthousiastic about the T4 makes me confident I made the right choice. I like to play jazz standards, bossa's, orchestral pieces and some blues and rock. I think the acoustic and orchestral voices of the Tyros 4 are great for those music styles. I am also very curious on how the Freeplay styles work out. I hope to let you know my first impressions soon.

#316046 - 02/10/11 01:58 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Peter Baartmans is one of the top 5 arranger demonstrators out there at the moment . The T4 sounds amazing even through a cam corder . If yamaha just put a decent sequencer onboard the instrument i would be tempted.

This was a truly great demo Tom and shows just how inspirational these instruments can be. I hear so many complaints about the expense of an arranger compared to a workstation but in the arramnger you can jam with literally session musicians on tap day or night from Jazz, to latin to funk rock and classical music and everything in between. Worth every penny in my book.

#316049 - 02/10/11 02:10 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

When I put a piano on a split, though, I'm always having to take it down an octave. That middle section of the piano is where all the 'singing' goes on, and comping too, if you aren't letting the arranger do the comping.

Good players always play WITHIN what they have to work with, but let's face it... if Yamaha DID make a 76 Tyros, you can bet Peter Baartmans would be making the MOST of it!

For me, it's about playing what YOU want to play, rather than the instrument dictating it to YOU...

#316058 - 02/10/11 03:01 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Definitly one of the best Live demos of T4 to date. Can anyone honestly say there is a better sounding Arranger KB on the market today?....I don't IMO.

I think this is the best demo of the more 'practical' uses of the T4 ... I saw more stuff that could actually be used on a gig ...

#316061 - 02/10/11 03:06 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: spalding1968]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968

This was a truly great demo Tom and shows just how inspirational these instruments can be. I hear so many complaints about the expense of an arranger compared to a workstation but in the arramnger you can jam with literally session musicians on tap day or night from Jazz, to latin to funk rock and classical music and everything in between. Worth every penny in my book.

Inspirational they can be...and, because you can put down ideas so quickly, literally a complete demo of a tune in almost the time it takes to play it, none of that valuable inspiration is lost.

Sure, they cost more, but having used workstations many times, just the advantage stated above, justifies the difference in price for me.

If I want more keys, I add a controller...if I want more powerful sequencing recording/ editing, I will use a PC program.

But, on it's own, without these "options", it sure pushes all the right buttons for me.

Plus, the sheer freedom to "jam with the band" (and any flavor of band) at any time of your choosing is just so cool.

Ian

#316063 - 02/10/11 03:16 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Scott, Ian,
OK I understand there are other violin voices ..BUT are they the quality of the SA2 one?
This would apply to the other SA2 voices too, If I don't want the SA2 articulations is there a way to turn it off or is there a equivelant voice that is the same quality without the automatic stuff happening?

#316066 - 02/10/11 03:40 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: leeboy]
Scottyee Offline

If I don't want the SA2 articulations is there a way to turn it off
Lee, The SA2 voice 'velocity sensitive' articulation parameters can be easily adjusted, or turned off in the touch sensitivity (depth & offset) section of the 'Voice Set' menu. smile

#316068 - 02/10/11 03:48 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: tony mads usa]
Scottyee Offline

I think this is the best demo of the more 'practical' uses of the T4 ... I saw more stuff that could actually be used on a gig

Tony, curious what 'specific practical things' you saw on that demo video weren't seen on others regarding 'actually being used on a gig'?

Anyway, this is exactly the way Peter plays in person one to one, as I experienced personally in my sessions spent with him, with him playing not only the Tyros, but Clavinova and grand pianos too. Peter's equally at home, reading music or improvising any genre of music, and on any keyboard he plays. It's important to realize it's the player's technical ability & creative musical imagination that counts far more than any keyboard alone. Playing on a Tyros 4 simply gives the opportunity for a fine player to maximize the keyboard's full potential. Here's one of my personally recorded video sessions with him demonstrating the Yamaha Avant Grand cool

#316069 - 02/10/11 03:49 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Adding a controller is just hauling one more piece of gear (plus cases, wires, stands etc.) to do something that a slightly larger keyboard in the first place would make unnecessary.

Just remember... you got used to the FSX because you now have one. You'd get VERY used to a 76, and all the possibilities they open up (remember, it ain't just about piano... how about three sounds with enough range to actually USE them? How about Rhodes or Wurli's full ranges..? how about an arranger section AND a full 61 for Hammond smears and dives?) if Yamaha made one that was any GOOD!

Never say never!

#316087 - 02/10/11 05:26 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Adding a controller is just hauling one more piece of gear (plus cases, wires, stands etc.) to do something that a slightly larger keyboard in the first place would make unnecessary.

Just remember... you got used to the FSX because you now have one. You'd get VERY used to a 76, and all the possibilities they open up (remember, it ain't just about piano... how about three sounds with enough range to actually USE them? How about Rhodes or Wurli's full ranges..? how about an arranger section AND a full 61 for Hammond smears and dives?) if Yamaha made one that was any GOOD!

Never say never!

I really don't mind hauling an "extra" piece of gear (and a soft case, a stand, two cables a pedal)...in my situation it would be an 88 note weighted action controller, probably a P-85/95...I prefer playing solo piano on the weighted action.

It's not a bother for me in any way. I know you would prefer having it "all in one", but that's where we differ.

In any case, having a 76 note Tyros (or any other arranger) wouldn't be of any real benefit to me, as the keys would be still semi-weighted (not weighted hammer).

All the things you need a 76'er for, aren't issues for me.

I used 76 note arrangers in the past...it wasn't hard to adjust to 61, and, just like 76 notes...I got used to 61.

I understand where you are coming from, but your needs and my needs are different.

That's one reason why I play a Tyros and you play a G-70.

Ian

#316088 - 02/10/11 05:38 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

I appreciate being able to easily hit the Tyros 4's conveniently located 'transpose button' whenever I need to play bass notes an octave lower. Coming from having 88 notes on my acoustic grand piano, it's been a relatively painless adjustment to do this for the instances I need that extra octave for solo piano play, and worth not having to transport 76 or 88 keys. smile

#318562 - 03/07/11 10:02 AM # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Wow, it's only been a month since I originally posted this thread and now the total 'Tyros 4' YouTube clip count has reached 1,130, up from the 962 total just a month back.

It's obvious there are many Tyros 4 owners out there excited to share their Tyros 4 music videos on YouTube.
I don't recall this level of arranger keyboard owner enthusiasm to post this many YouTube videos with any other arranger keyboard make/model in such a short time span (4-5 month), either now or in the past.
It's obvious from this, that Tyros 4 is truly inspiring musicians of all ages (from amateur to pro) to create and share their music on YouTube:

YouTube 'Tyros 4' Search Result: Last 30 Days

YouTube 'Tyros 4' Search Result: All

It'll be interesting to see if the Korg PA3X garners this amount (or more) enthusiasm from PA3X owners wanting to record and share their music on YouTube as well. cool

#318568 - 03/07/11 11:28 AM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

How about a break from the PA3 bashing, Scott?

The same question could just as easily be asked of ANY arranger out there, and, to be honest, the Tyros 3...

You know, I really love the enthusiasm of Yamaha T4 players, but it would be SO much better if, when the T3 came out, all of you expressed your disappointment so much more vocally (maybe as vocally as you are expressing your enthusiasm this time round)....

It's getting to be a bit of a 'reverse' crying wolf syndrome... If you keep being overly enthusiastic about EVERY Yamaha arranger that comes out, and it's not until the NEXT one comes out that we finally get to hear that the new one is 'what the old one SHOULD have been like' and so much better, etc., etc., eventually, people are going to get a bit blasé about ANY good Yamaha reviews.

As it was, I seem to remember being possibly almost the only guy that was commenting about how few T3 demos I was seeing (compared to T2) from both users AND the factory in the months after its release. Now, we get a new Yamaha rushed out on a much accelerated timetable, and it's only NOW we find out how much this was apparently needed.

Good reviews and enthusiasm are only as good as how 'balanced and fair' the previous ones were.

#318574 - 03/07/11 11:59 AM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Diki]
Scottyee Offline

How about a break from the PA3 bashing, Scott?

Diki, who's bashing the PA3X? confused1
Certainly 'NOT' me.

My comment about the PA3X garnering the same or perhaps even more people posting YouTube videos certainly isn't a bash, so stop the ridiculous paranoia.

I'm actually as excited about what the PA3X will finally sound like when it's officially(?) released as any other Korg enthusiast is, and as far as the demos so far, I've already stated that I suspect it's Korg's 'asinine insistence' of demoing it through the PA3X's optional add-on speaker instead of the keyboard's line-outs, of which certainly doesn't show the keyboard's sound off at its best. I blame Korg for that.

I've got no allegiance to any single brand/model. My only allegiance is to my own ears, and if/when the PA3X pleases them, I'm on board with it.
But for now, bashing aside, I still maintain that Tyros 4 sounds better. cool

#318575 - 03/07/11 12:00 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Wow, it's only been a month since I originally posted this thread and now the total 'Tyros 4' YouTube clip count has reached 1,130, up from the 962 total just a month back.

It'll be interesting to see if the Korg PA3X garners this amount (or more) enthusiasm from PA3X owners wanting to record and share their music on YouTube as well. cool

That's pretty impressive...I've had more emails pertaining to the Tyros4 than any other model before it...the Tyros2 was a close second, and the original Tyros (first year for mega voices)) did pretty good as well. The T3 did okay, but not quite to the level of the rest...actually, there was more interest in the PSR-S910 (still is!)

I suspect the YouTube traffic for the PA3X will be very good indeed...more importantly, there will be some forthcoming professional level demonstrations, which are sorely needed for Korg.

Ian

#318587 - 03/07/11 12:39 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Thing is, if you are looking at Youtube traffic for confirmation of popularity, you are going to have to count all the Balkan and Middle Eastern demos that are going to get posted by Korg users...

To be honest, even though the PA2X was quite a good selling arranger, far fewer demos got put up than Tyros videos. Don't really know why... Maybe Korg users don't feel the need to show how much they like theirs by putting up demos? Maybe they are too busy gigging to do it? I really rather doubt it is because they are ashamed of the sound of it (or they would have bought a Yamaha in the first place!). Maybe they just don't have that Yamaha 'chip on the shoulder' some tend to demonstrate, despite them being the best selling arranger.

Who knows..?!

But if you want confirmation that you have the best arranger, looking to the number of Youtube demos seems a little grasping at straws. I thought you already KNEW you had the best arranger? wink

#318590 - 03/07/11 12:54 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Is thing is and that said the same thing almost? Lol

#318592 - 03/07/11 12:55 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Personally, I don't see any Korg bashing going on at all.

It's just commentary, and, in Scott's case, a genuine interest in how well Korg will do with the PA3X...at least that's all I see in his posts.

It's easy enough to find something negative in anything if we look hard enough, or rather, if we need to look hard enough.

But, Diki is right about one thing...I'm too busy to be bothered with putting up demos...I'm having far too much fun exploring this cool new arranger.

Ian

#318595 - 03/07/11 12:57 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Donny...what does this mean?

#318596 - 03/07/11 01:00 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

The Korg demo's are basically, mostly Mid-Eastern and I don't see that changing all that much. I seems like the Yamaha's are much more popular for Western music.

It's just an observation, I really don't know if it is true.

Also, it seems like a younger crowd goes for the PA. and they seem to not post much on Youtube.

#318602 - 03/07/11 01:37 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Scottyee]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
For me personally, I'd LOVE to see Korg make a killer Pa3xpro and be successful. Same with Ketron, Roland, et. al. I want them to succeed because if they succeed, I succeed. I don't consider myself a fanboy. I love equipment that does the job well and does it for a fair price and does it reliably.

Go Korg!
Go Roland!
Go Ketron!
Go Yamaha!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#318604 - 03/07/11 01:46 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
For me personally, I'd LOVE to see Korg make a killer Pa3xpro and be successful.

Me too! If Korg goes under, then what incentive would Yamaha have to keep making their arrangers more awesome.

Competition is what brought Korg, Yamaha, Roland and the like to the levels they are today.

Even if the PA3X is an incremental, but substantial upgrade, it should still make Korg players happy...it's meant more for the PA-500/800 and PA1Xpro players anyway...much like the T4 was for Tyros and Tyros2 users.

I really do hope they do well with this new keyboard....I can't see anyone losing, and only everyone gaining.

Ian

#318608 - 03/07/11 02:13 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: ianmcnll]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

I know what Donny means...but it does sound a little like Sheen-speek. rotf2

#318610 - 03/07/11 02:18 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: btweengigs]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: btweengigs

Ha Ha...I got it now!

Some quotation marks would've helped a bit, but, I get the point.

Ian

#318611 - 03/07/11 02:34 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

synthzone lexicon:

that said
thing is
dilly dally
who cares
it's crap
wtf
forgetaboutit!
end of story rotfl

#318826 - 03/09/11 06:54 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: btweengigs]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: btweengigs

Attachments
188313_10150159928672650_668927649_8256152_7288027_n.jpg

#318830 - 03/09/11 07:51 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: ianmcnll]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Personally, I don't see any Korg bashing going on at all.

It's just commentary, and, in Scott's case, a genuine interest in how well Korg will do with the PA3X...at least that's all I see in his posts.

Yep totally agree Ian, and I can tell all and sundry that Scott is as excited about the new PA3 as most others I have chatted with. Certainly more than me smile

Without letting too much out I know Scott would gladly add the PA3 to his T4, IF it meets his high sound quality requirements.

Without wanting to rain too much on the parade, the PA3 series has a pretty big mountain yet to climb when trying to compare to the T4.

In regard to the OP and the clip...outstanding Mr Bartmaans!!

Dennis

#318838 - 03/09/11 08:33 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

I apologize to anyone that wasn't putting Korg down (or any other maker)...

But try this on for size. Let's say you already know little Annie is the most popular girl in school. It's her birthday... You go 'Wow! Look at all the presents she got!'

By itself, innocuous enough. But then, you point out another girl, that you KNOW isn't as popular. And you go 'It's Suzie's birthday tomorrow... I wonder if she'll get as many presents?'

That's a subtle put-down. Even if you didn't MEAN it to be. But you did know that, in the past, she didn't match Annie's present count, so, it's not like you are REALLY asking the question. You are just pointing out the inevitable difference.

Maybe, it's that sometimes we don't even realize ourselves doing this kind of thing?

Me, on the other hand... I'm the Devil! It's ALWAYS deliberate when I do it..! rocker

#318839 - 03/09/11 08:59 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

I
But try this on for size. Let's say you already know little Annie is the most popular girl in school. It's her birthday... You go 'Wow! Look at all the presents she got!'

If it's the same little Annie I went to school with, the one with the two big.....er.....eyes....anyway, tell her I said, "Happy Birthday!"

Ian

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online